Devils chances at playoffs - The Final Push - Points and Standings Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

glenwo2

JESPER BRATWURST
Oct 18, 2008
New Jersey(No Fanz!)
Well we all know he's an idiot so we can ignore whatever the hell he has to say. Hope the veterans on this team are smart enough to relay the "one period at a time" message. Lukester's reference is perfect. Need a coach like Lemaire to have a chance. If Lou had a set (or if Lemaire wanted to coach) the move would be made I think. Right now.

It's too late, IMO.

Remember that the Devils lost a couple of games after Jacques came back before going on that tear.

The time to bring him back would've been after the Olympic Break. Now there's just simply no time left.

Might as well let Pete fall on his own sword the rest of the way....

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
0-7 start overall doomed the season.

That's why the Team has to concentrate on getting off to a way better start because apparently, a playoff birth can NOW be lost in the first month of the season with this new ridiculous format/alignment. :help:

Too bad getting off to a great start didn't help us last year either lol

Mory Schneideur*

Damn, even when we win, we get no help from the teams we are competing against.

Nice to see the Rangers in danger of missing though :laugh:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Damn, even when we win, we get no help from the teams we are competing against.

Nice to see the Rangers in danger of missing though :laugh:

Misery loves company.
If we don't make it they might as well join us.

Walk out of The Rock last night a tad pumped with the win, check out of town scores a half hour later getting home and see that no games went our way.

They could win out and not qualify.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Need Rangers to lose and beat them Saturday. If we can't beat them then it is pretty much over. Then have to win Sunday too.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
“Game 7 is always important,†Jagr said. “We’ve got 12 left, Game 7s. We have to win all of them to get in the playoffs. So, the first one is behind us and we’ve got 12 to go.â€

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
we need nothing short of a legendary comeback. this team doesnt show signs that its capable

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Not really a legendary run, someone always gets hot down the stretch to get to the playoffs every year. Just something that's beyond the capabilities of this team judging by the last two seasons.

I Hate Tie DOMI

Jul 2, 2002
Ontario
Me neither.

I'm just going to watch with a blah attitude.

That way...*WHEN* the inevitable loss comes, I won't be mad, yo. :dunno:

I want to be like you. I know the loss is coming, but yet I still get mad when it does and my hopes and dreams still exist. Can you teach me how to be dead inside? :laugh:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Not really a legendary run, someone always gets hot down the stretch to get to the playoffs every year. Just something that's beyond the capabilities of this team judging by the last two seasons.

Ya it's not legendary. Really would only take a modest winning streak and decent play down the stretch to do it.

Problem is we haven't won 4 straight all year. Why would we now?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Our shootout ineptitude is looming larger by the day.

It's true. 9 games losing and extra point is large...but you can't expect to have won all of them. So if we assume half or 4&1/2 points...there are a lot of areas we lost 4/5 points...the start of the season for one, Cory's anomaly loses for another, injuries/ infusion of inexperienced or inferior talent...

There are a lot of areas to look at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad