Confirmed with Link: Devils acquire Kyle Palmieri - NOW OFFICIAL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nemec

Apr 5, 2009
Wow, Kovalchuk, Kalinin, Palmieri, Beleskey.
Big season for the devils ahead.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
If it happens, I hope it is official, there shouldn't be one person knocking this deal. He is cheap ($1.46 cap), he is a right winger, and he's TWENTY-FOUR! That is batting 1.000. He was buried on the Ducks depth chart and despite getting opportunities to play in the top 6, they weren't consistent.

I really hope this goes through because that is a score for Shero! The 2nd rounder this year and 3rd rounder next year were extra picks and he put them to good use (hopefully!)

So far only one person has compared Palmieri to Ryder, so on this board, that's like a one hundred percent approval rating:D

Shero's had a very good first round, though, once this goes through. I think Zacha will be prove to be a nice pick and this was a sweet deal. I hope Shero can keep up the good work tomorrow.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
So far only one person has compared Palmieri to Ryder, so on this board, that's like a one hundred percent approval rating:D

Shero's had a very good first round, though, once this goes through. I think Zacha will be prove to be a nice pick and this was a sweet deal. I hope Shero can keep up the good work tomorrow.

Palmieri is a much better skater than Ryder

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Kovy isn't coming back this season.

Does Palmieri have to approve this or something? Why does it matter if they can't reach him?

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
This is one thing that would never have happened with Lou lol...when a deal was done, it was official.

That is something that will be missed - you didnt know anything until it was official and there was hardly grey area.

Im sure this deal will go through and there wont be issues but the yanking and jerking that it is done then maybe not then maybe yes pending this and that is something we'll have to get used to bc of how untightlipped most guys are today and espcially compared to Lou

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
NHL tweeted the trade twice and deleted it both times lol. TG saying it's possibly delayed cause they want to notify him.

Odd to me as he doesn't have an NTC. When we traded for Cory he didn't know till it was announced.

kiwidevil

Palmeiri's centres were Kesler or Getzlaf and he actually averaged more PP time than Belesky.

While he will be getting more minutes here, he doesn't have anyone close to Kelser's level to play with.

Mustangs

Jan 13, 2008
Barrie
I love this trade. Kyle should get more of an offensive opportunity to play. All the facts say potential break out, awesome trade.

blink

Mar 6, 2002
Ontario
Loving this trade. I always liked Kyle's game and thought he was the perfect RW for us.

Same. I watched Palmieri in the AHL and always thought that he looked like he could be an effective NHL player.

Ducks fans are saying he is inconsistent but given less minutes on a deep Anaheim team plus his age, I think his production was good. There aren't many 24 year olds in the league who are consistent besides the top guys.

Given a good opportunity here I think he can be real effective for us. Nice move by Shero getting a young NHL player who has yet to reach his prime for essentially, Jagr.

Thumbs up after Round 1 of the draft. I think we move down tomorrow in round 2. I can see Shero trading 36 for multiple picks.

Last edited:

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
His numbers are nothing to call home about. Thought, Good replacement for Ryder for sure.

I'm not even really looking at the numbers with a lot of scrutiny, I'm looking at a young, speedy RW, has a bit of jam to his game and probably some uptapped potential. I'll take that over a 2nd and a 3rd round pick every day of the week.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I have to believe it's because he doesn't want to play in Anaheim for whatever reason...nobody would overpay based on one season, right? now that shanny is at the helm in TOR?

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
lets be honest- if whomever we picked in the 2nd round turned out to be a Kyle Palmieri, we should be pretty happy

now we just have the in his prime version.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I have to believe it's because he doesn't want to play in Anaheim for whatever reason...nobody would overpay based on one season, right? now that shanny is at the helm in TOR?

he probably doesn't want to consistently have to play behind Getzlaf and Kesler

but I also know he wants to get paid. which I am totally against.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Same. I watched Palmieri in the AHL and always thought that he looked like he could be an effective NHL player.

Ducks fans are saying he is inconsistent but given less minutes on a deep Anaheim team plus his age, I think his production was good. There aren't many 24 year olds in the league who are consistent besides the top guys.

Given a good opportunity here I think he can be real effective for us. Nice move by Shero essentially getting a young NHL player who has yet to reach his prime for essentially, Jagr.

Thumbs up after Round 1 of the draft. I think we move down tomorrow in round 2. I can see Shero trading 36 for multiple picks.

Even if Palmeri never really gets better you still would have a borderline top six guy that is a better option than anything we have on the roster at RW and is cost-controlled for a while. We essentially were going to have to pay $5 million a year to a similar guy in Frolik (and may still do so)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad