Confirmed with Link: Devils acquire Kyle Palmieri - NOW OFFICIAL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Matteau also.

Though I don't think Boucher is making the team this year, he doesn't look ready anyway. Give him one more year in the AHL, unless injuries start happening.

I don't think Kalinin is making the team either, many people seem to have him penned in the lineup for the NHL team.

This really looks like it might mean that Zubrus or Ruutu is out though, which I will be ****ing ecstatic over. And because I needed to bring up Zubrus, it's been far too long since I mentioned him. About 2 or 3 days.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Yikes. How did I forget Elias.

OK Cam-Zajac-Elias then.
I think it will more look like this if MSL is signed.

Cammalleri - Zajac - St. Louis/FA?
Henrique -Elias - Palmieri
Boucher - Josefson - Kalinin/Zubrus
Matteau - Zubrus/Ruutu - Tootoo

Last edited:

Techno Devil*

The good news: He's the most ripped-up, well conditioned athlete I have ever seen, short of some soccer players.

The bad news: He's a Rangers fan.

Andre Palot

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
I think it will more look like this if MSL is signed.

Cammalerri Zajac St. Louis
Henrique Elias Palmieri
Boucher Josefson Kalinin/Zubrus
Matteau Zubrus/Ruutu Tootoo

1. Jettison Zubrus to the AHL
2. Does Zalinin play RW as well as C?
3. If we DO get Belesky's rights, he will get the 3rd or 2nd LW spot.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
1. Jettison Zubrus to the AHL
2. Does Zalinin play RW as well as C?
3. If we DO get Belesky's rights, he will get the 3rd or 2nd LW spot.

Right wing and I think Kalinin will surprise a lot. Looking at his play he is more suited for North American ice, he drives the net and forechecks well. If not then he is depth for Albany.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
Wonder if we were granted a negotiation window with Belesky, not really trading for his rights

every team in the league has a negotiating window open since Thursday

not to mention those are literally the same thing.

this just means we can sign him to a contract before July 1st.. like Soderberg and the Avs (via the Bruins).

NHL Fanatik*

I think Zacha can step in right away with his size and skating and physicality

Sign Belesky
Sign St Louis

Cammalleri - Zajac - St Louis
Belesky - Henrique - Palmieri
Zacha - Josefson - Elias
Ruutu - Matteau - Tootoo

that would be cool with me for this season. (did I forget anyone?)

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Wonder if we were granted a negotiation window with Belesky, not really trading for his rights

Huh? That's the exact same thing.

It's the right to negotiate with and sign him pre 00:00 July 1, 2015. It's basically a 4-day head-start. Pretty savvy move by RS.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Big no to Zacha playing right away. Not trying to rush him. I'd wait 2 or 3 years before bringing him up. Let him make his debut this year to get his feet wet and get a taste of what it's like, then let him (hopefully) have a breakout season in the OHL, then the AHL and so on

If he is potentially our future top-line C/LW for many years to come, I don't want to rush him and potentially bust.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
We can also give him that extra year if we wanted to max out, but we have no intention to do that.

He obviously wants too much money. Signing guys to big money based on one season (less in this case) is a HUGE mistake. Look at David Clarkson, for instance.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
We can also give him that extra year if we wanted to max out, but we have no intention to do that.

Pretty sure we can't. Have to be on the team by the trade deadline for the 8th year, IIRC.

Huh? That's the exact same thing.

It's the right to negotiate with and sign him pre 00:00 July 1, 2015. It's basically a 4-day head-start. Pretty savvy move by RS.

As of last year, everyone in the league can talk with impending UFAs a few days before UFA opens. This year, that interview period started Thursday.

They aren't allowed to officially talk numbers but they obviously do (and who will report them..?).

All this does is allow a contract be finalized before UFA opens vs. before, could've kept having to negotiate up until July 1st at noon.

Also, UFA opens at noon.. not midnight.

NHL Fanatik*

Big no to Zacha playing right away. Not trying to rush him. I'd wait 2 or 3 years before bringing him up. Let him make his debut this year to get his feet wet and get a taste of what it's like, then let him (hopefully) have a breakout season in the OHL, then the AHL and so on

If he is potentially our future top-line C/LW for many years to come, I don't want to rush him and potentially bust.

lol what? 2-3 years??

did you listen to the interview? he made it quite clear he would LOVE to play in the NHL with a guy like Elias and against guys like Jagr. He matched up well (almost the best out of anyone) against McDavid, who is claimed to be better than 90% of the league. He is 6'3" 212 at 18, and he at LEAST should get 5-10 games in the NHL, specifically one against Florida.

I think he will step right up. Expecting an amazing camp from him. If he can do it and accepts and loves the challenge, that can only do wonder for his progression, no?

at most he plays another year, year and a half in juniors.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
He's a big kid that has been playing against adults since he was 16. I say he starts in Albany and gets a taste this year with the big club.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
He's a big kid that has been playing against adults since he was 16. I say he starts in Albany and gets a taste this year with the big club.

I kind of want him in Albany ASAP because I want our guys to start teaching him and instilling the good habits he needs to learn to complete his game. He is still really raw in certain areas.

Sarnia could do it, but I don't think he is so far away that he needs to stay long in juniors.

He should be at camp and get the 5 game look though. It will be really good for him and get him hungry.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County

If Shero got the rights to Beleskey its because they already talked to him and want to get his contract in before he gets a chance to hit UFA.

lol what? 2-3 years??

did you listen to the interview? he made it quite clear he would LOVE to play in the NHL with a guy like Elias and against guys like Jagr. He matched up well (almost the best out of anyone) against McDavid, who is claimed to be better than 90% of the league. He is 6'3" 212 at 18, and he at LEAST should get 5-10 games in the NHL, specifically one against Florida.

I think he will step right up. Expecting an amazing camp from him. If he can do it and accepts and loves the challenge, that can only do wonder for his progression, no?

at most he plays another year, year and a half in juniors.

I also think we need to slow our roll a little on Zacha, while he is physically ready for the NHL most likely it needs to be a process.

If the kid comes in and proves he belongs then Im fine keeping him in the NHL. But i dont think that will happen right away. I think he will end up getting a long look and going back to the OHL for a season, maybe get a couple NHL games.

But my guess is after next season he will be in the line up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad