Confirmed with Link: Devils acquire Kyle Palmieri - NOW OFFICIAL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AndThereGoesGrabner*

Anyone know where in NJ he's from?

This kid I went to high school with's cousin is dating Palmieri. So that's pretty cool

He's from Montvale. Played for my old highschool in Jersey City St Peters Prep.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Yup, I think I would as well!

And who knows, maybe he'll thrive being one of the "go-to guys." Let's be honest he didn't really need to be with the likes of Getzlaf, Perry, and Kesler last season. He'll definitely be given more offensive responsibility, hopefully he thrives.

You're right. He'll definitely have more of a chance to show what he can do offensively in New Jersey than on that stacked Anaheim team. He could be poised for a bit of a breakout season, and he's certainly young enough for that to happen.

New Jack City

Dec 28, 2011
Definitely wasn't underutilized at all in my opinion. He had plenty of chances on the top line and couldn't finish there either. Although, he plays a much different game than Getzlaf and Perry.

When you have the top 6 forwards the Ducks have. Good players naturally will be underutilized

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
No we don't. It said we would also like to trade for his rights, not that we get his rights. Need to read fully.

Well the Avs got Soderberg's rights for a sixth, we have a six so that would sound about right. Or a six/seven next year.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
0.5 PPG playing essentially 3rd line minutes

Ducks are obviously much better than us but that is pretty nice to see

tANNERRRR54

Sep 12, 2012
Southern California
If you're going to sign Beleskey be prepared to pay a ton. Rumor was the Ducks offer to him was around 3 years I believe and first year was close to 6 million and he turned it down.

Nemec

Apr 5, 2009
If you're going to sign Beleskey be prepared to pay a ton. Rumor was the Ducks offer to him was around 3 years I believe and first year was close to 6 million and he turned it down.
Awesome to get Beleskey too

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey

If he turned down a deal like the one you described, I'm definitely not interested in Beleskey. It seems he wants a crazy overpayment. Yikes. I hope Shero steers clear of him, to be honest.

ghoti

Grind Time
Sep 18, 2005
Trade doesn't make much sense from an Anaheim point of view. Already low on wingers and all we got were draft picks.

Hopefully Palmieri will do something for you guys. I pretty much lost faith in him. He is extremely streaky but when he is on he can snipe left and right. Only 1 goal in 16 playoff games this season. Very underwhelming. His total points for the season looks good on paper but it comes in strides. He will have a very good 5 games or so then disappear completely for another 5 games.

My perspective is that he is only 24, he's a local kid, the Devils might have the weakest F group in the league, their RW situation is terrible and all they gave up for him is Jagr and a 3rd next year.

Plus he is cost controlled and won't affect other moves.

This is the type of deal the Devils should be doing, IMO. Get young, undervalued players and try to develop them.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Beleskey is not the type of player we want occupying that much cap space.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
we have NOT acquired Beleskey's rights

at least not yet.

please God, I don't want to sign that guy. he is the definition of contract year player.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
Congrats on getting a pretty good player for essentially peanuts on the dollar. He's going to put up 20 goals 40 points for you guys for a miniscule 1.6 mil. Not a great move by Murray as it stands.

Now don't screw it up by being stupid and overpaying Beleskey.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
hmmm Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 1m1 minute ago
Palmieri trade is apparently not official yet. Shero declined to comment -- for now.

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
What a steal.

Does anybody have Palmieri's contract specifics? I'm wondering why they let him go so easily.

BTW Ray, if you want to warm yourself to the NJ faithful, this is a damn good start.

His numbers are nothing to call home about. Thought, Good replacement for Ryder for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad