Confirmed with Link: Devils acquire Kyle Palmieri - NOW OFFICIAL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Right handed, RW, 24.

Sign me up every day of the week. He's going to have all the opportunity in the world to break out next year.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
The guy is pretty much an established NHL-er, could honestly be a top 6 player for us next year. I take this deal everyday of the week, I don't care how deep this draft may be it's still a risk to say the 41st pick would even make the NHL, let alone our 3rd next year.

Great, great move!

Right now, I'd slot him in as a top six RW for us.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Right handed, RW, 24.

Sign me up every day of the week. He's going to have all the opportunity in the world to break out next year.

Yeah, you can't really complain about trading a two since we did get a >25 year old player at a position of need, and what's giving up a 2016 3rd when we still had two :)

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
What a steal.

Does anybody have Palmieri's contract specifics? I'm wondering why they let him go so easily.

BTW Ray, if you want to warm yourself to the NJ faithful, this is a damn good start.

signed through to 2016, cap hit of 1.46M

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
First line is looking like Cammalleri-Zajac-Palmieri. It has the look of ZZPops, could we see a Travis resurgence?

I like the trade. He's not an elite player, but those don't grow on trees.

GeNeXt

Jul 5, 2012
Posted in the draft thread, but here's his scouting report from THN.

"Displays energy, speed and excellent scoring upside. Can play either wing position, and has also played center earlier in his career. Boasts great wheels and a penchant for attacking at all times."

Just what Dr. Hynes ordered.

New Jack City

Dec 28, 2011
Palmieri is an amazing trade for us. He was extremely underutilized in ANA. Kid has skill no doubt about it. 33 Goal scorer in the "A" as a 21 year old and then never got a fair crack on the ducks.

As for Beleskey: Why not? Love his game as long as we dont overpay

Andre Palot

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
I like Palmieri. Hard nosed worker. Played decent on top line, could slot into the 2nd. Game more suited for 3rd, but has shown ability to play up...

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Yeah, you can't really complain about trading a two since we did get a >25 year old player at a position of need, and what's giving up a 2016 3rd when we still had two :)

Like I said.

It's basically Jagr for Palmieri.

If you look at it that way, can you complain at all?

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
I think I definitely like this one. Good start for shero i would say. Gotta make a good pick at 36

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Anyone know where in NJ he's from?

This kid I went to high school with's cousin is dating Palmieri. So that's pretty cool

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Right now, I'd slot him in as a top six RW for us.

Yup, I think I would as well!

And who knows, maybe he'll thrive being one of the "go-to guys." Let's be honest he didn't really need to be with the likes of Getzlaf, Perry, and Kesler last season. He'll definitely be given more offensive responsibility, hopefully he thrives.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
First line is looking like Cammalleri-Zajac-Palmieri. It has the look of ZZPops, could we see a Travis resurgence?

I like the trade. He's not an elite player, but those don't grow on trees.

I'd drop down Zajac. Don't want him with skilled players. He'd probably do better playing a simpler game with less skilled players.

tANNERRRR54

Sep 12, 2012
Southern California
Palmieri is an amazing trade for us. He was extremely underutilized in ANA. Kid has skill no doubt about it. 33 Goal scorer in the "A" as a 21 year old and then never got a fair crack on the ducks.

As for Beleskey: Why not? Love his game as long as we dont overpay

Definitely wasn't underutilized at all in my opinion. He had plenty of chances on the top line and couldn't finish there either. Although, he plays a much different game than Getzlaf and Perry.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Like I said.

It's basically Jagr for Palmieri.

If you look at it that way, can you complain at all?

No although I wouldn't have minded Jagr around in general now that we drafted Zacha

Matt with the freudian slip haha

Matt Loughlin ‏@MattLoug 4m4 minutes ago
Nick Palmieri fits a position need (RW), a speed need (quick), an age need (25 in Feb.). Not a prolific scorer but is a VG addition.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Matt Loughlin ‏@MattLoug 4s5 seconds ago
Palmieri was born on Long Island but raised in NJ. Grew up a Rangers fan however.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad