Confirmed with Link: Devils acquire Goalie Cory Schneider from the Canucks for the 9th Overall Pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andre Palot

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
I looked like a bigger idiot in heinsight. I'm telling everyone near me we are getting Bobby Ryan, we are gonna trade for a forward and...boom out of nowhere.

I fully did expect us to trade for either Seguin or Ryan though. However I am for sure not disappointed with the outcome. The only thing I ended up being disappointed with at the draft was that the Devils chose some nobody defenseman over Nicolas Petan. I have a feeling that will be our new "Tallackson over Keith and Tedenby over Carlson" moment.

Petan is going to be a great player.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
I jumped up and down high 5'ing everyone around me lol.. What an incredible experience to be there in person at our home building and see a franchise-changing move. Here's the reaction video:

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I was pretty stunned I had no idea how to react yesterday. After Bettman announced it stood up with my arms up like what the ****, but in a good way if that makes any sense.

Probably looked like an idiot in the arena

i was home, but completely frozen. hands to mouth, eyes like dinner plates. my gf understood what happened, but it took me a good 5 mins of processing before i could give her the totality of what had just occurred.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
i was home, but completely frozen. hands to mouth, eyes like dinner plates. my gf understood what happened, but it took me a good 5 mins of processing before i could give her the totality of what had just occurred.

:laugh:

My brother-in-law (who's a Toronto fan) stood up and shook my hand and said congratulations.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Honestly, I was very upset at first. My gut reaction was a strong negative one.

But now that I've had time to think I've changed my mind.

DevilChuk*

Honestly, I was very upset at first. My gut reaction was a strong negative one.

But now that I've had time to think I've changed my mind.

Two competing feelings for me.

Sort of feels like we're cheating on Marty.. but at the same time, we just solved the elephant in the room.

We all love Marty but even he knows the end is near.. we're Devils fans and life after Marty for the Devils just got a whole lot better.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Marty's reaction combined with Cory's handling of the tandem issues with Luongo last year give me nothing but good feelings about this and destroy any qualms that would normally come up about a transition to a new starter.

Marty will have fun with trying to remain the starter and out-do Cory while Cory clearly has the right ego about him to be in a dual starter scenario worst case or starter outright.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Two competing feelings for me.

Sort of feels like we're cheating on Marty.. but at the same time, we just solved the elephant in the room.

We all love Marty but even he knows the end is near.. we're Devils fans and life after Marty for the Devils just got a whole lot better.

Just look at it this way...

Lou just made Marty's stint at GM a little but easier :)

If somehow we ended up with Nishkunin in all of this I would give an A+ for this draft day but still the fact that we just traded for a goalie in his prime that was an absolute steal of a trade. I saw teams getting the Lindbacks and Berniers and was jealous but now I don't have to be :)

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

This was the exact same story as mine. :laugh: My girlfriend kept asking if I was angry and I just had no words to explain the emotions at that time other than "Uh......."

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
I looked like a bigger idiot in heinsight. I'm telling everyone near me we are getting Bobby Ryan, we are gonna trade for a forward and...boom out of nowhere.

I fully did expect us to trade for either Seguin or Ryan though. However I am for sure not disappointed with the outcome. The only thing I ended up being disappointed with at the draft was that the Devils chose some nobody defenseman over Nicolas Petan. I have a feeling that will be our new "Tallackson over Keith and Tedenby over Carlson" moment.

Petan is going to be a great player.

Or Petr Vrana over Bergeron

Devils86

Apr 8, 2008
The other thing between Schneider vs Lundqvist is that Rangers block a ton of shots and collasp the net which really helps the goalie, Vancouver plays a more open game, our D jumps in and sometimes makes for breakaways, Canucks don't really play a friendly game for goalies so the numbers Schneoder and Luongo have put up in Van are amazing, and this is why they also have some blow outs, we don't block shots or collasp the net and play the 6th goalie.

And the Rangers new coach has said many times that Schneider is one of the best goalies in the league ;)

You mean you didn't block shots....Nucks fans..say goodbye to entertaining hockey and hello to the five goalie system.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
You mean you didn't block shots....Nucks fans..say goodbye to entertaining hockey and hello to the five goalie system.

You have to think he'll play a smarter system with the personnel he's being given in VAN.

However, the former VAN coach has nothing but great things to say about the Schneider. He also will definitely benefit from PBD's system, because it's bit a more goalie friendly.

The biggest difference for him is going to be the different style of play and travel of the East. You have to think that the shorter trips should benefit him.

Devils86

Apr 8, 2008
People concerned about him re-signing in 2 years. 1 thing to keep in mind is Lou (at least i think so) has a different mind set when it comes to goalies. I believe we will see this kid sign and extension next off season.

He is going to come here work with Marty who will have nothing but great things to say about this team. Plus he is out of the spot light. He can go to the mall or out without 100 people bothering him. Sometimes that can be huge especially for someone coming out of the situation he was in in Vancouver.

Hope i am right, this was a great move. Kovy must be very happy also with this.

Edit: Also anyone find it funny that his old head coach is now the new head coach of the Rangers. Weird how that all turned out.

Also don't forget after next year he has a clear path to be the starting goalie on a perennial playoff team with easy travel for the next ten years. Outside of Pittsburgh St Louis and Philly I cant think of a top tier team that is unsettled in net. I'd be surprised if CC didn't sign a 5/30 ish deal after next season

Devils86

Apr 8, 2008
You have to think he'll play a smarter system with the personnel he's being given in VAN.

However, the former VAN coach has nothing but great things to say about the Schneider. He also will definitely benefit from PBD's system, because it's bit a more goalie friendly.

The biggest difference for him is going to be the different style of play and travel of the East. You have to think that the shorter trips should benefit him.

I agree you would think he would adapt... .but he(torts) also said he would this year. I think that is now in his blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad