Prospect Info: David Reinbacher

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Comparing them to 4 Hall of Famers - yes that exactly what I intended.

Let me be clearer, given the current top 6 s - which already has two core players under 6 feet - I don't think Hugo wants to add a 5'10 player and Demidov. That would make for a very soft top 6.

Yes, because signing and trading players is strictly forbidden in the NHL. The roster we have now must remain the same one forever.

Reactions: Habs

Habnot

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Yes, because signing and trading players is strictly forbidden in the NHL. The roster we have now must remain the same one forever.
Because core top 6 players change teams all the time right?

Also Habs are in advantageous cap situation with their top players. None of the young forwards will earn 8 M for the foreseeable future. We will live and die with Suzuki, Slaf, Caufield, Dach, Demidov and one more to add through UFA once the team reaches the next step.

NHL team building is not like EA Sport. It's hard to move big contracts. Ask Toronto how easy it is to trade core players.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Because core top 6 players change teams all the time right?

Also Habs are in advantageous cap situation with their top players. None of the young forwards will earn 8 M for the foreseeable future. We will live and die with Suzuki, Slaf, Caufield, Dach, Demidov and one more to add through UFA once the team reaches the next step.

NHL team building is not like EA Sport. It's hard to move big contracts. Ask Toronto how easy it is to trade core players.

Habs being in an advantageous cap situation helps in any future trades.

Not sure why you bring up Toronto, as their top players cap situation is the exact opposite of ours, of course it would be difficult for them. Not to mention, there's no indication they even wanted to move any of their core; they kept wanting to 'run it back'.

Saying 'the habs will live and die with blablabla' doesn't prove a point. I'm not saying I disagree but yeah it's easy to see why they would be happy with good young players at a reasonable cap cost.

Technically though, anything is possible and IF we had drafted Michkov or Leonard or Joe Blow from Saskatoon, there always is an option to move a similar roster player if the team felt inclined to do so for whatever reason.

Reactions: Habs

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
if it's easier for you, just imagine that we had traded michkov for reinbacaher at the draft night ;)

Again, I personally don't care too much to ruminate on the idea of 'what if we drafted XYZ instead'.

I think they saw a 'big' young Dman who at the time was putting up impressive numbers (considering his age) in a good league, playing against men.

That's a decent bet to make.

For sure not all of the scouts were unanimously on board with Bustbacher at #5. Some would have preferred to take another player at #5.

I would have liked to have seen more from Bustbacher at this point, a player drafted in 2023 at #5 OA. Many others have commented, a lot of our other players/prospects are looking better as of right now, which isn't a great feeling.

It would have been nice for the guy we drafted at #5 to flex on our other players with his superior skating/intelligent/speed/size/whatever, but he looks relatively pedestrian.

Let's see, and to be clear I want him to do well (obviously).

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I can't believe we spend so much time reliving the draft can we actually spend all our time discussing David Reinbacher the player.
Imagine what the scouting/media reports would be like if Reinbacher grew up Canadian. If Reinbacher played for Team Canada.
He would be viewed as a can't miss stalwart praised up and down the rink for his subtle play.
I saw Kaiden Guhle coming in to his first camp as this type of player and called him a sure bet for the following year Reinbacher is better.
Guhle is flashier but Reinbacher is a better defender and has that right handedness you can't teach. :laugh:

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
This season Laval. Reinbacher rough around the edges. Both Struble and Engstrom looked better other night.
Struble is 3 years older and starting his 2nd pro-season. He should look better.

I personally don't think Engstrom looked that much better then Reinbacher. Not exactly the same type of dmen, but both shows they need to adapt to NA ice size and the game speed that comes with it.

Reactions: Redux91

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I can't believe we spend so much time reliving the draft can we actually spend all our time discussing David Reinbacher the player.
Imagine what the scouting/media reports would be like if Reinbacher grew up Canadian. If Reinbacher played for Team Canada.
He would be viewed as a can't miss stalwart praised up and down the rink for his subtle play.
I saw Kaiden Guhle coming in to his first camp as this type of player and called him a sure bet for the following year Reinbacher is better.
Guhle is flashier but Reinbacher is a better defender and has that right handedness you can't teach. :laugh:
Guhle isn't even seen as a top 4 defender by most of this fanbase and he's clearly a top 30 D in the league, right now. What you say about Reinbacher is a pipe dream.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Do all of these miserable people lashing out on literal children just move on to other players once their favorite whipping boy busts or makes it? After embarrassing themselves for two years with Slaf, you’d think they’d learn something.

"lashing out on children"

:propeller

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Do all of these miserable people lashing out on literal children just move on to other players once their favorite whipping boy busts or makes it? After embarrassing themselves for two years with Slaf, you’d think they’d learn something.

Yes, they do.

It's a constant battle to find something they can complain about.

They had their cake with Slaf and when Slaf proved them wrong, it was on to Reinbacher and then there's still the Mesar bashing.

They'll lament about Michkov forever, too.

They'll invent bad things about Hutson.

They'll fixate on the smallest thing on Demidov.

Just miserable people who want to make themselves miserable.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Guys,

It's a discussion board.

We're discussing our players/prospects based on current performance.

Sorry if that hurts your feelings, but it is what it is.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Guys,

It's a discussion board.

Nah, sometimes you are all part of a collective being really trash and it spills outside the confines of healthy discourse and into negative behaviour that impacts and spoils things for a teenager.

And in this case, particularly, inventing things to get mad about because it wasn't the player you wanted.

I'm sorry you don't have the hockey IQ to understand the importance of a player like Reinbacher because it doesn't show up on the highlight reels. But all of the organizations targeting our pick, wanted Reinbacher, because whether you ascribe value to it or not, it has tremendous value on winning hockey games.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011

Nah, sometimes you are all part of a collective being really trash and it spills outside the confines of healthy discourse and into negative behaviour that impacts and spoils things for a teenager.

And in this case, particularly, inventing things to get mad about because it wasn't the player you wanted.

I'm sorry you don't have the hockey IQ to understand the importance of a player like Reinbacher because it doesn't show up on the highlight reels. But all of the organizations targeting our pick, wanted Reinbacher, because whether you ascribe value to it or not, it has tremendous value on winning hockey games.

These guys that are constantly shitting on young players, if they start to get under my skin I project this image on them it makes it easier to not lash out. :laugh:

1727533261133.png

• Haha
Reactions: Miller Time

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016

You obviously haven't even read my posts.

Also, sorry, but this isn't a 'safe space' for teenagers.

We are free to discuss any player on our team.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Scare quotes are a form of punctuation that involves placing quotation marks around a word or phrase to convey skepticism, irony, or distance from the term being quoted.

This usage indicates that the writer may not fully endorse the term or believes it is being used in a non-standard or misleading way.
ah, you're one of those people

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Guys,

It's a discussion board.

Indeed.

Getting offended over being called out for a terrible take makes very little sense.

That you've posted your poorly grounded opinion about RB, and found that opinion called out for its lack of competence, shouldn't offend you so much. What else do you expect when posting on a forum :dunno:

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Indeed.

Getting offended over being called out for a terrible take makes very little sense.

That you've posted your poorly grounded opinion about RB, and found that opinion called out for its lack of competence, shouldn't offend you so much. What else do you expect when posting on a forum :dunno:

Which take is terrible?

That Bustbacher hasn't been very impressive thus far in this short career?

I swear some people on here need to toughen up.

Reactions: SnapVirus

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Which take is terrible?

That Bustbacher hasn't been very impressive thus far in this short career?

I swear some people on here need to toughen up.

Yes. Your posts suggest that you don't really understand hockey, or how to assess players. To je to

That, or perhaps it's just posting nonsense like that nickname to try to get an emotional response from actual fans of the team... I think that's called being a troll.

Either way, have a take, don't suck... And don't waste space whining when your poor takes are called out. Simple, no?

Reactions: Walksss

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad