Confirmed with Link: Devils acquire Goalie Cory Schneider from the Canucks for the 9th Overall Pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I don't think Vrana ever really got a fair shake.

Just looking at his numbers, they're all over the map. Good years mixed in with mediocre years. Perhaps he's just wildly inconsistent and his shot at the NHL came at one of his down times and then he decided to go back to Europe rather than stay in NA.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I may have been mad when I first heard of this news, but it has warmed up to me greatly. Anyone else wake up this morning like "**** yeah, we have Schneider!" No? Just me. Okay.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I may have been mad when I first heard of this news, but it has warmed up to me greatly. Anyone else wake up this morning like "**** yeah, we have Schneider!" No? Just me. Okay.

I woke up with the same thought lol. I was pissed at first bc once nich fell to us I was so pumped and then Lou took him away from us. Now our goalie situation is solved for years to come if we sign him which is pretty damn important.

Feb 2, 2009
Manalapan, NJ
I'm still so effing happy. Lou's still got it. We finally have an heir apparent to the greatest of all time.

Also, I spoke to Lebrun at the draft yesterday, and I know this guarantees nothing, but he said he "absolutely" thinks Schneider will sign a long term deal here.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
I was in shock when it happened. I was not sure what to think, like most here. After i had time to calm down and think about it i quickly realized what a smart and extremely needed move it was and quickly loved it.

Just sucks that hockey is so far away.

Team Concept

Jul 11, 2002
Wingdale, New York
I was watching Lou very closely right before the Devils were about to make their pick. At one point he walked around the entire Devil's table and whispered in the men's ears (by twos) some tidbit of information. As he informed the brain trust (2 at a time) I thought he was either telling them that he had made a trade to move down or informing them of what selection he was going to make at #9. I was absolutely floored when the trade was announced. To my right were 2 Columbus Blue Jacket fans (probably the only 2 in the entire building) who immediately reacted that we had fleeced the Canucks. My immediate concern was his contract status. As long as Schneider stays with the Devils for lets say 7 years then the trade is totally justified. The logic being that a first round pick by the time they make the big club is under control for 7 years like that turncoat Parise.

One concern with all the tight games the Devils play is that Schneider's shootout percentage the last 2 years is very mediocore which could hurt the Devils and probably cost them a playoff spot this year.

AZNDevil

Yay band.
Jul 30, 2010
Tennessee
From Devils Trap's post in the Zubrus thread:

Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils 26m
Dainius Zubrus told me this morning he has agreed to a three-year contract to stay with the Devils.
Zubrus: "I was hoping it was going to turn out the way it did."

Zubrus on the trade for goalie Cory Schneider: "It was unexpected. It's a big deal... He's been a very good goalie for a few years now."
Zubrus said he feels bad for Johan Hedberg. "Honestly, he's probably the most-liked guy in the locker room."

I wonder how Lou will solve this situation in the most respectful way with Moose.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
From Devils Trap's post in the Zubrus thread:

Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils 26m
Dainius Zubrus told me this morning he has agreed to a three-year contract to stay with the Devils.
Zubrus: "I was hoping it was going to turn out the way it did."

Zubrus on the trade for goalie Cory Schneider: "It was unexpected. It's a big deal... He's been a very good goalie for a few years now."
Zubrus said he feels bad for Johan Hedberg. "Honestly, he's probably the most-liked guy in the locker room."

I wonder how Lou will solve this situation in the most respectful way with Moose.

My guess is he will ask Moose what he wants . If he wants to keep on playing we will move him, if not, Lou will offer him a job in the organization (After he buys him out / Moose retires)

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
Too many posts since I was last on (well before the draft) and too many closed threads to comment with anything other than a blanket comment:

"LOL" at anyone that doesn't like/didn't like the Schneider trade. I'll take the proven #1 goalie for below market value over the project forward who may/may not pan out and may/may not contribute to this team for at least a couple of years any day of the week. If you don't recognize that, then I don't know what to say.

That's pretty much been my feeling non-stop since about 30 seconds after the trade was announced.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils 1m
Johan Hedberg, classy as always, says he "needs to think a little bit" about his plans and is choosing not to talk about Devils' situation.

Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils 1m
Hedberg is leaving for Sweden today.

NJDevils7

Feb 13, 2007
New York
I wouldn't be surprised to see Hedberg go to the Isles. I feel bad. I know it was important for him to have a NTC on his last contract because he wanted to buy a house in NJ and have his family close by. I doubt he will agree to go anywhere outside the division.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
I wouldn't be surprised to see Hedberg go to the Isles. I feel bad. I know it was important for him to have a NTC on his last contract because he wanted to buy a house in NJ and have his family close by. I doubt he will agree to go anywhere outside the division.

His family lives in Atlanta though im pretty sure

wreckless

Apr 27, 2010
vancouver
woke up this morning even more devastated by this trade from a vancouver standpoint.

we have a few very astute and intelligent radio personalities and they are running in circles trying to justify this trade.. they just can't do it.

our fan base calling in is outright calling for GMMG's head.

like i've said before, last season when he went on that 4 goals in 5 game stretch, he was the best goalie i've seen play since roy/bro in their prime in terms of mechanics/speed/agility.

i LOVE luongo and have always had this thing against schenider due to him threatening Lu, but it didn't take long for me to realize this kid is a STUD and will be a Vezina candidate every year for the next 5 years +.

it may sound like i'm exaggerating, but by the end of next season there will be no disputing this kid.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
His family lives in Atlanta though im pretty sure

He wanted 2 years + NTC so he could move his family up here, he's been living awy from them since he left Atlanta. They came up before this season.
That's kind of why, as happy as I am for this trade, I can't stop feeling for the guy.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
He wanted 2 years + NTC so he could move his family up here, he's been living awy from them since he left Atlanta. They came up before this season.
That's kind of why, as happy as I am for this trade, I can't stop feeling for the guy.

Oh that makes sense. Well then I hope he stays with the organization somehow

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
all else aside, like many others have echoed i feel really bad for moose. i mean how can anyone not love the guy? whatever ends up happening to him, i hope it all works out in a way that he wants and he ends up an ideal situation.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Hedberg is a great guy. bad situation for him, but important move for the team

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Still don't know how we got a potential top 5 goalie for a measly 9th overall pick, and nothing else. Depending on how Schneids adaps to his new home, this trade might go down as being as big or a bigger heist than Kovy.

It took a first, a good prospect, an okay defenseman, and a lesser prospect to get 2-4 months of a rental Kovy on an expiring contract. We're getting at least 2 years of a guy who's probably at least a top 10 goalie for just the first straight up. I think we'll make a point to lock him up early too. I wouldn't be surprised if he was given an extension before the start of 14-15.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils 13s
Devils would like to see Cory Schneider signed beyond his 2 remaining yrs, but extension talk can't begin until there is only 1 yr left.

They want to get this started ASAP

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils 13s
Devils would like to see Cory Schneider signed beyond his 2 remaining yrs, but extension talk can't begin until there is only 1 yr left.

They want to get this started ASAP

Haha I just said the same thing! Wouldn't be surprised to see him extended before the 14-15 season starts. I'm actually at the point of hoping the Rangers keep Lundqvist, and Pittsburgh finds someone cause he will be in HUGE demand if he ever hit the market.

He's from Massachusetts, and luckily Rask will likely be the man there for years to come. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad