Devils 2021 training camp thread (news, notes and speculation) - Part III [MOD warning in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Apparently only one guy can make it stop but he’s not a divine being.
John Merrill was taken in an expansion draft how many years ago and that debate is just becoming rare. I feel like this one is here to stay for a while regardless of anyone's actions.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
John Merrill was taken in an expansion draft how many years ago and that debate is just becoming rare. I feel like this one is here to stay for a while regardless of anyone's actions.

If Blackwood gets vaccinated tomorrow this is pretty much over in a week imo, at the risk of those being famous last words - aside from the people who will try to pop it up in the thread about nothing every so often. Every player on the team would be vaccinated, pretty much every player in the league is outside of a few randos and a Bertuzzi and there’ll be actual other hockey news to discuss.

If he doesn’t this will keep popping up again and again unfortunately, even while other hockey news is going on.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
idk who this person is but I'm leaving this here so he can be shamed soon :D

raakssE.png

otKqFXI.png

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
If Blackwood gets vaccinated tomorrow this is pretty much over in a week imo, at the risk of those being famous last words aside from the people who will try to pop it up in the thread about nothing every so often. Every player on the team would be vaccinated, pretty much every player in the league is outside of a few randos and a Bertuzzi and there’ll be actual other hockey news to discuss.

We agree on a lot, but this one, we are really far apart.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
We agree on a lot, but this one, we are really far apart.

I mean you might be right but what would be the excuse to bring it up after the fact, especially in the team thread? Unless I suppose Blackwood doesn’t play well and people start attributing it to being forced to get the vaccine. Or the crowd at the Rock treats him as if he gave the fans a thumbs down every night because of his reticence which I wouldn’t put past them.

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
Anyways - pending preseason results, I wouldn't mind seeing all 3 of Foote, Mercer, and Holtz start in the AHL. I would like to see both Vesey and Jankowski signed. I am a fan of balanced lines offensively so I would love to see this lineup on opening night. This would be kind of a make it or break it for Boqvist. Throw him in the fire. Let him stay there for 3-5 games, if he doesn't produce, call up whoever is playing the best out of Foote/Mercer/Holtz/Clarke and send Boqvist down. He has a few games left of waiver ineligibility.

Boqvist - Hughes - Sharangovich
Tatar - Hischier - Johnsson
Kuokkanen - Zacha - Bratt
Wood - McLeod - Zetterlund
Vesey, Jankowski

Graves - Hamilton
Smith - Severson
Siegenthaler - Subban
Jaros

Blackwood
Bernier

Foote - Mercer - Holtz line 1 in AHL.

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012

Anyone have any understanding of what's going on here/sense of whether it will be resolved? Had Fios for years, but just moved to a place where Comcast is the only provider.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Anyways - pending preseason results, I wouldn't mind seeing all 3 of Foote, Mercer, and Holtz start in the AHL. I would like to see both Vesey and Jankowski signed. I am a fan of balanced lines offensively so I would love to see this lineup on opening night. This would be kind of a make it or break it for Boqvist. Throw him in the fire. Let him stay there for 3-5 games, if he doesn't produce, call up whoever is playing the best out of Foote/Mercer/Holtz/Clarke and send Boqvist down. He has a few games left of waiver ineligibility.

Vesey, Jankowski

Graves - Hamilton
Smith - Severson
Siegenthaler - Subban
Jaros

Blackwood
Bernier

Putting Zacha at 3C in what appears to be for no other than to get Boqvist in the lineup would be a real stick in the eye.

Reactions: nugg

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
I mean you might be right but what would be the excuse to bring it up after the fact, especially in the team thread? Unless I suppose Blackwood doesn’t play well and people start attributing it to being forced to get the vaccine.
I can say that about any number of arguments and they still get brought up, but this one especially. There is no way to explain why I think that with out throwing myself directly into this endless debate, but it's something I'd bet anything on. I hope with everything you are right, but if the last almost 2 years has taught me anything, it's here to stay.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Comcast wants to prevent devils fans from watching the games..you only get flyers games! :naughty::sarcasm: This is coming from someone who has never been able to watch a devils game on an actual tv that wasnt an NBC game ect.

:arr:Thanks internet for devils games

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I can say that about any number of arguments and they still get brought up, but this one especially. There is no way to explain why I think that with out throwing myself directly into this endless debate, but it's something I'd bet anything on. I hope with everything you are right, but if the last almost 2 years has taught me anything, it's here to stay.

I do think a lot of the arguments that have gone on here are largely exacerbated cause the team still sucks. If we’d made the playoffs 2-3 times and looked ready to take a step toward being a real contender there probably wouldn’t be as much of the Lou/Conte-Shero/Fitz stuff. If Cory had a few of the early seasons he had for actual good teams the goalie debates wouldn’t have been quite as poisonous, apart from the inherent awkwardness of 2014.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
At least we can all agree that we don't want Lou back. Lou would have traded Blackwood yesterday.
In fact, he recently banished one of his prospects.

Reactions: nugg

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
I do think a lot of the arguments that have gone on here are largely exacerbated cause the team still sucks. If we’d made the playoffs 2-3 times and looked ready to take a step toward being a real contender there wouldn’t be as much of the Lou-Shero/Fitz stuff. If Cory had a few of the early seasons he had for actual good teams the goalie debates wouldn’t have been quite as poisonous.
You are 100% right. But at the same time, is Parise scum of the earth or is he just a dude who wanted to be with his dad and friend?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
We don’t know how Lou would have handled Blackwood other than somehow finding a way for this not to come out at all. Little different publicly banishing a rando AHL player compared to your starting goalie. Shoot, Lou gave Mike Danton a second chance after a year suspension.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
if you know anybody that has optimum, give them $20 to let you use their MSG Go credentials and you're all set. it's a godsend for people like me who aren't in NJ anymore, or for people that are forced to have...comcast shudder

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
At least we can all agree that we don't want Lou back. Lou would have traded Blackwood yesterday.
In fact, he recently banished one of his prospects.

that is absolutely, 100% not why i don't want lou back lol. that would be like, reason 6 out of 10

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
if you know anybody that has optimum, give them $20 to let you use their MSG Go credentials and you're all set. it's a godsend for people like me who aren't in NJ anymore, or for people that are forced to have...comcast shudder

Also f*** comcast internet data caps. f***ing ridiculous too.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Btw when I say it’s over in a week I generally meant the EVERYDAY, boiling pot over the stove part of this stuff. Cause it has been everyday code reds here for the last week since we found out there was an unvaccinated player. There will be subsequent flare ups for sure, especially if Blackwood doesn’t play well. But if he’s playing well and vaccinated before December it’d be pretty draconian to still be bashing him at that point.

Reactions: trufleshufle13

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
You are 100% right. But at the same time, is Parise scum of the earth or is he just a dude who wanted to be with his dad and friend?
Parise is a piece of Pooh . No I don’t blame him for wanting to be with friends and family but that’s not what made him a dink sack.
Him leading on about resigning with the Devils while he has no intentions of doing that is why I dislike the guy as a hockey player.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey

Vesey, Jankowski

Graves - Hamilton
Smith - Severson
Siegenthaler - Subban
Jaros

Blackwood
Bernier

Not a fan of your lines outside maybe for the 4th line, but the first three, ewww..... sorry man.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
We don’t know how Lou would have handled Blackwood other than somehow finding a way for this not to come out at all. Little different publicly banishing a rando AHL player compared to your starting goalie. Shoot, Lou gave Mike Danton a second chance after a year suspension.

I saw a quote on Instagram from Lou that said no one will be allow top be a part of the team that isn't vaccinated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad