Devils 2021 training camp thread (news, notes and speculation) - Part III [MOD warning in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
My concern is Zacha has been shuffled from line to line and situation to situation his entire career. I'd like to see have some stable linemates in a stable role that maximizes his abilities. I don't think 3C does that.
This is exactly what I think. The guy needs to be slotted into the lineup and left there with some linemates that stay constant and develop some chemistry
Enough bouncing around between C and wing. The guys is always having to change his game style constantly . Leave him in one place and let him do his thing. Put players in a position to succeed .

Reactions: JimEIV

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
Lou said no unvaccinated player could play with the Islanders or Bridgeport. Say what you will about Lou but he doesn’t play games with players.

A team rule is a team rule for everybody or it isn’t a team rule.
the thing I love about Lou is the thing I hate about Lou, he has a strict set of rules that he wont deviate from

Reactions: My3Sons

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
Islanders won't allow any unvaccinated players this season, GM says

New York Islanders general manager Lou Lamoriello said he won’t allow any unvaccinated players on his team, adding that a minor leaguer who refused to get vaccinated will be assigned to another league.

Lamoriello did not say which minor leaguer declined the vaccine but said the team is hoping to relocate him.
"We will try to help progress his career. We’re looking into possibly assigning him to Europe, but that has not been finalized yet," the general manager said. "We will not allow any player in our organization to participate unless they are vaccinated."
PR move and easy to say after their roster is already vaccinated

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
I still don't really get what you mean lol. Like are you saying if Zacha was good it shouldn't matter where he plays he should still play well?
No, I meant nothing I said, I was trying to poke fun at Jim at (admittedly) loosely using his words against him.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Not having Zacha-Nico-Bratt together really is a bad move IMO. I think his stretch of play at LW really solidified where he should be playing and that line for an entire season could develop chemistry for the long haul. Having said that, it's early and I'm sure they'll adjust but I'd rather just let them rip right from the jump.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
No, I meant nothing I said, I was trying to poke fun at Jim at (admittedly) loosely using his words against him.
This is half of the fun of writing a ridiculous or sarcastic post...you should've went with for a while lol.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
This is half of the fun of writing a ridiculous or sarcastic post...you should've went with for a while lol.
Lol I typically do, but the other argument finally died down, I just want to cruise into puck drop at this point.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Oldest geezer in the league wants the one of the oldest geezer team vaccinated color me shocked :sarcasm:

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Oldest geezer in the league wants the one of the oldest geezer team vaccinated color me shocked :sarcasm:
Old people have a vested interest in people getting vaccinated. Sort of makes sense...Lou is the age group that has a 96% vaccination rate.

Reactions: Mr Bojanglez

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Old people have a vested interest in people getting vaccinated. Sort of makes sense...Lou is the age group that has a 96% vaccination rate.
It was more of a joke towards how old the islanders have gotten

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
Is it true Blackwood wouldn’t be allowed to play in these cities if he’s not vaccinated? That’s cool if it is, hats off to those cities.
The rules at those venues apply to the home players, not visitors, at least if using the same rules that applied for the NBA.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
i promise i’m not just high off a meaningless preseason win but i’m not sure you could convince me that Holtz and Mercer aren’t two of the best six forwards on the team.

Reactions: nugg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad