Devils 2021 team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - part XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
I find it “lmao” worthy that you called someone out on a “bad” trade proposal and then present one that’s worse.

You are very much so undervaluing the value of Palms and Wood combined at the deadline, all the while trying to trade them to a team that wouldn’t be able to even fit them at 1/2 retained.

oh yes because you thought ??? meant future considerations? nice assumption buddyo

HersheyBob27

Apr 5, 2014
Canada
what are you guying me for? The Isles have literally ZERO cap space right now

Yes, if Lee goes on LTIR that opens up some space, but please explain to me how they are taking over $9 million in cap space from us without sending any back? Would love to hear it.

I'll leave this here for you:

New York Islanders - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps
Zajacs Bowl Cut said:
They have literally no cap space right now

They couldn't even take Palms at 50% let alone him AND PK

You felt the need to mock the poster with your lol. They would only need maybe 1.25 mil to take on palms at the deadline. And of course they will get relief for Lee injury. They would never take PK in a million years they are a disiplined team​

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
you mean a system where your job is to basically stand still half the game? gee i dunno

It's not that simple as just pointing to a spot on ice. Any system changes need to be practiced.

It's exactly why firing assistants to change the special team systems would be a waste of time right now.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
If Kulikov keeps up even close to his current play, I wouldn't mind resigning him. I'd imagine he is likely going to get a 3 year deal.

He has been great for us.

Reactions: MichaelJ

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We don’t even have a shot this period.

Elias2626

Aug 1, 2013
I think it’s time for an honest assessment of this team. They just lost their 10th consecutive home game. Good teams don’t do that.

While performance from young guys like Sharangovich, Maltsev, McLeod, Bastian, and Kuokkanen among forwards has been decent, good NHL teams don’t have 5 guys of their caliber in their lineup nightly. They have 1-2 of them. Half of our forward lines are “good” AHL lines.

Then there’s the next bucket of forwards - the veterans. Palmieri, Gusev, and Johnsson have been utterly disappointing. Gusev is terrible, Johnsson deserves to be scratched, and Palmieri is underperforming. Zajac has lost his step.

Hughes, Bratt, Zacha, and Wood are true NHL forwards. They will continue to improve but will experience growing pains and streaks. Hischier has been hurt, so no comment.

On D, Smith and Severson are true NHL defensemen. Overall, they’ve been strong. Subban is a terrible decision maker and is grossly overpaid. He needs to go. Murray started the season strong but his skating and puck movement are anchors. Vatanen is no longer NHL caliber. Kulikov has been solid, and we should surely try and bring him back as a 5-6 D next season.

Take all that into account and it is no surprise we are where we are. Until Hughes, Hischier, Smith etc. can carry the load consistently and get some complementary help, this team is going nowhere. It’s tiring. But at least this is an honest assessment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad