Devils 2021-22 team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - part XII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Have no idea what “circumstances” there could have been that made it ok for a 17 year old to do that to a 12 year old. Sounds like Boucher isn’t the only person that should be in jail for life. Were the circumstances some cash in a bag? Such corruption.
Yeah I don't get what types of "unusual circumstances" could just void the severity of that. The fact that they bring up the length of time it took to report it as well irks my nerves.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
He was playing in the USDP presumably to play college hockey, then decides to just play in the OHL just three months after the assault. Someone was covering this up and I believe others knew.
Hard to argue against that theory although some guys do go from USDP to the OHL but yeah, kind of smells like he was running.

Reactions: glenwo2

Camille the Eel

Before we lynch the judge or howl that Reid should have done some time, it's worthwhile considering:

1. Boucher himself was a minor when this happened, although there was a significant age difference between him and the girl.
2. We haven't heard their first hand accounts of how this happened.
3. We don't know how much responsibility he has taken for these events.
4. We don't know whether he's grown up and become a decent adult in the ten years since this took place.

With a ten year old offense, if he's grown up to be good and level headed adult, I can certainly see an argument that society would not be well served by now sentencing Boucher to jail over this, especially depending on the detailed circumstances and what the relationship between Reid and the girl was at the time. There are other factors here besides just the "victim" being pissed that he's getting off lightly. Really I'd have to know more and hear them before I judged or second guessed the judge.

I certainly hope Reid is better than that now and has got his act together.

Camille the Eel

Years ago I remember hearing rumors that Reid was DMing girls for nudes within our fanbase.

Here's a tweet from a couple a years back too.

Seems like he didn't learn.

and what exactly was her 17 year old self doing on line with a couple of hockey players at that time? I mean seventeen isn't 12. And is over the age of consent in most contemporary nations even in the west.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Really makes me mad he's getting probation and not real jail time. He should rot. f*** this guy.

Man, we picked some real winners in their late Lu/Conte years. Reid Boucher in 2011, Ben Johnson in 2012, Myles Bell in 2013.
Which is pretty weird, considering Lou seemed to really have a vetting process with guys. I know some of these guys were picked before the incidents though.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
and what exactly was her 17 year old self doing on line with a couple of hockey players at that time? I mean seventeen isn't 12. And is over the age of consent in most contemporary nations even in the west.

Yeah no let’s not do that. Yes 17 isn’t 12. 17 is still a high schooler. Reid was probably idk like 21 at that point. The 17 year old is clearly the victim in that scenario. Then there’s the added power dynamic of him being a pro hockey player.

Not surprised you say this considering the other comment.
17 year old preying on 12 year old=not a huge deal.
17 year old being preyed upon=“what’s that 17 year old doing talking to someone”

Last edited:

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Before we lynch the judge or howl that Reid should have done some time, it's worthwhile considering:

1. Boucher himself was a minor when this happened, although there was a significant age difference between him and the girl.
2. We haven't heard their first hand accounts of how this happened.
3. We don't know how much responsibility he has taken for these events.
4. We don't know whether he's grown up and become a decent adult in the ten years since this took place.

With a ten year old offense, if he's grown up to be good and level headed adult, I can certainly see an argument that society would not be well served by now sentencing Boucher to jail over this, especially depending on the detailed circumstances and what the relationship between Reid and the girl was at the time. There are other factors here besides just the "victim" being pissed that he's getting off lightly. Really I'd have to know more and hear them before I judged or second guessed the judge.

I certainly hope Reid is better than that now and has got his act together.
Ex-NHL Forward Reid Boucher Pleads Guilt to Assault Against a Minor

According to a report from the Detroit Free Press, former Vancouver Canucks forward Reid Boucher pled guilty to third-degree criminal sexual assault against a minor, stemming from two incidents that occurred back in 2011.

As the charges illustrate, Boucher, who was 17 at the time and a member of the United States National Development Program, forced his then-12-year-old billet sister to perform oral sex on him on two occasions, doing so by threatening to blackmail her with a video initially, and then later threatening to tell people about their first (non-consensual) encounter.

Reactions: glenwo2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad