Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman: VII- Swayman's agent basically calls Cam a liar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How does this saga end?

• Bridge deal

Votes: 45 24.3%
  • Long term deal

Votes: 50 27.0%
  • Trade

Votes: 90 48.6%

• Total voters

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
There are now a few reports out there that Boston’s biggest offer was $62mill (4 if you count this one of 62.5). Which isn’t $64 mill, which means Neely was lying. Even if it’s a small amount, he still was dishonest when saying they gave the player $64 million reasons to sign because they didn’t.
If Neely lied by 1.5 M we need to cancel him.

How’s it work ? Do we find out where he buys his coffee and what beer he drinks?

I’ll boycott all beer but Jacks Abby & Sam Adams & I’ll boycott pumpkin coffee but my cancelling is going to be modified- I gotta have my iced coffee

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Swayman's quote last month about him going to business school and wanting to reset the goalie market make me think him and Gross are on the same page.
I don’t know why i still reply to this, but I’m a donkey so here goes nothin

Not ruin the market =/= resetting the market

Reactions: LSCII

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Trade him to the Flyers for Konecny and a 2nd or 3rd round pick.
He moves right up to our second line.....mark him down for 30-35 goals.
Cap works for us this season and leaves us with a bit of room.
Foerster for Swayman

Let’s go!!!!!!

• Wow
Reactions: Bodit9

I Hate Philadelphia

Aug 10, 2015
Orlando, Florida
Trade him to the Flyers for Konecny and a 2nd or 3rd round pick.
He moves right up to our second line.....mark him down for 30-35 goals.
Cap works for us this season and leaves us with a bit of room.
Why would the Flyers give up one of their best forwards for an unsigned goalie who won't play until they meet his absurd contract demands?

Reactions: BMC and BBruins

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
But it’s not. Neely said they gave Swayman an 8x8 offer but they didn’t. No semantics, just reality.
We're talking less than 200k per season difference here. Either way, not a good look on either side here, not a good scenario to be in right now, gotta be able to just come to a number and not nickel and dime.

Reactions: SwayHeyKid

Bodit9

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
If you don’t know Sways asking price and where it fits into your cap, you don’t trade Ullmark. This is entirely their fault.

And if do know his ask, and you in turn traded Ullmark knowing it, how are we here today?
They left ~$8.5M in cap for Sway, which is more than enough. Swayman is being unreasonable. Just look at other goalie contract comps.

• Haha
Reactions: BBruins and LSCII

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
and if he wants to be dealt, the B`s are under no obligation to do so with any urgency

I feel there were quite a few times over the summer that I read from Sway he was pretty adamant he was gonna sign in Boston, loves the city etc..also heard from Sweeney I believe or Cam in the summer say they were confident things will get done

Check out the history of his agent Gross, leads me to believe HE is the problem and full of shit. My personal opinion, the ONLY way Sway plays another game in a Bruins uniform is if he cans that agent and gets another but don`t get the sense that will happen
Swayman, Gold and Sweeney could hammer out a deal in an hour imo. Leave Cam and Gross in the cafeteria

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Perfect storm

Both Swayman & Gross suffered L’s to Bruins in the Krug & Swayman arbitration. There is animosity I’m sure and human emotion of revenge

The $64 per Gross wasn’t offered so he can say today 8:64 is accepted or not

I’m close to looking at who we can get from Ducks with Gibson lol

Vatrano? Think that might put them over the cap with those two unless there was some salary retention.

Wilhelm Scream

Jan 2, 2008
Cambridge, MA
The amount of people in here who keep mentioning John Gibson as a target is insane. Sorry he's still rated an 87 overall, but you need to turn off NHL 24 (or 25 if you preordered) because he hasn't been good since 2018. Literally. He's not good and hasn't been for 5 years.

And he's 6 years older than Swayman.

And he's got three years left at 6+.

And he just had an appendectomy and is week to week.

Purge him from your mind.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
FWIW, Frank Seravalli is reporting that the Bruins' most recent offer is 8-years, $62.5 million.

Swayman is at 8-years, $68 million.
Can't be true. I'm reading here all day every day that Swayman is a greedy prick and wants 9.5-10 mil per year and trying to set a new goalie market.

Reactions: LSCII

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Why would the Flyers give up one of their best forwards for an unsigned goalie who won't play until they meet his absurd contract demands?
How often does a top 5-6 NHL goalie become available?
You work out a sign and trade deal , like the Bruins did with Lindholm, happens often.
The Flyers have not had a decent goalie since Bernie Parent and Pelle Lindbergh ( RIP)

Reactions: DKH

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
We're talking less than 200k per season difference here. Either way, not a good look on either side here, not a good scenario to be in right now, gotta be able to just come to a number and not nickel and dime.
Two puppies both pulling on a toy rope growling if these figures are true

Never ends well

One puppy losses their end the other puppy ends up pulling so hard falls back into the water bowl and food pellets everywhere

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
If Puckpedia is correct they currently sit with 7.8 in space with a full roster. If you waive Bussi to sign Sway that gives you 8.5 max.
But that problem with that is you never want to start at the max. You need at oeast 500k to 700k of wiggle room.
So someone else needs to go and be replaced with another player that leaves at least that much space.

Damned if I know what to do.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
How often does a top 5-6 NHL goalie become available?
You work out a sign and trade deal , like the Bruins did with Lindholm, happens often.
The Flyers have not had a decent goalie since Bernie Parent and Pelle Lindbergh ( RIP)
Swayman would be the missing piece

Had they not botched Cutter Gauthier lot of possibilities

Sweeney is pretty chill he let Cam I’m sure by design say all the mean stuff - likely he and Gross get a deal 8/66 or something

Best scenario from the nose-bleeds is the Bruins are better with Swayman and he’s better here

Can’t we all just get along ?

If not
Chicago is loaded with prospects lol

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Can't be true. I'm reading here all day every day that Swayman is a greedy prick and wants 9.5-10 mil per year and trying to set a new goalie market.
Who the F is Frank Seravalli and how would he know this,

Swayman is a greedy prick and his agent is a well known scum bag so lets take their side as truth lololol

Swayman said he wanted to set the goalie market months ago, Hopefully he's playing somewhere else this season not sure how he can survive this is Boston.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad