Devils 2021-22 team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - part XII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
How long has this case been going on for in the courts? We didn't hear nothing about it until today.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Before we lynch the judge or howl that Reid should have done some time, it's worthwhile considering:

1. Boucher himself was a minor when this happened, although there was a significant age difference between him and the girl.
2. We haven't heard their first hand accounts of how this happened.
3. We don't know how much responsibility he has taken for these events.
4. We don't know whether he's grown up and become a decent adult in the ten years since this took place.

With a ten year old offense, if he's grown up to be good and level headed adult, I can certainly see an argument that society would not be well served by now sentencing Boucher to jail over this, especially depending on the detailed circumstances and what the relationship between Reid and the girl was at the time. There are other factors here besides just the "victim" being pissed that he's getting off lightly. Really I'd have to know more and hear them before I judged or second guessed the judge.

I certainly hope Reid is better than that now and has got his act together.

gtfo I don’t care if he’s become a better person since it happened which apparently he hadn’t since that girl tweeted he was asking for nudes from her.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It's an issue with youth sports period. College football players in Michigan have used the same loophole to get clean records and no jail time.

Hell they got it even better as their names never got out publicly and this plea deal is supposed to totally seal the record.

It's a blatant abuse and loophole for a law that's meant to give a kid who does something dumb but harmless a second chance.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Jocks are definitely more likely to get away with assault but plenty of joe blows get away with it too unfortunately.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Jocks are definitely more likely to get away with assault but plenty of joe blows get away with it too unfortunately.

What's gross is the state legislator knows this is a loophole and doesn't like it, but hasn't done shit about it.

Zero reason they can't put clear language that sexual assault charges are not eligible. This story seems to have some legs as guys like Lebrun are amplifying it so maybe it can be a catalyst for change.

I also have a really hard time believing Lou and Conte had no idea about this.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
https://thehockeywriters.com/maple-...tDr6gzVFrZGqRhJG_1cMD47w17JYfkUkPlxO-0hbqdx0s

If Severson don’t want to sign 5.5/per 6-7y this summer, we can give him 2 opportunities to win steanly cup and gain more stats.
But I want Niemela back.
We can retain salary.
The list of prospects is odd:

“While there would be a few untouchables and prospects Matthew Knies and Topi Niemela come to mind, there are still a number of players who could be used to package with a contract or two of their current NHL roster…

Rodion Amirov, Nick Robertson, Mac Hollowell, and Filip Kral are all players who have value on the trade market and could help fetch an NHL-proven upgrade before this season’s trade deadline. While Toronto doesn’t have a third, fourth, fifth or sixth-round pick at the 2022 NHL entry draft, it doesn’t mean Dubas and company can’t get creative to acquire more picks or include another prospect instead to suit the needs of other teams.“

Amirov, the other Robertson and then who and who?

Hollowell was their 4th round pick in 2018: a RHD, 5’10” & 170, whose been in the AHL (and ECHL) since 2019-20. Not good in his own end project.

Král was their 5th round pick in 2018: a LHD, 6’1” and 175lbs, depth defensive prospect with more of a chance to be a bottom pairing depth guy but lol

I get why this Leafs fanboy very serious-minded Hockey Writer is protective of Niemelä but Toronto’s lower end defensive prospects are very low end and not fit material for a Severson trade.

I’ll take Amirov from their list.

Last edited:

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
The list of prospects is odd:

“While there would be a few untouchables and prospects Matthew Knies and Topi Niemela come to mind, there are still a number of players who could be used to package with a contract or two of their current NHL roster…

Rodion Amirov, Nick Robertson, Mac Hollowell, and Filip Kral are all players who have value on the trade market and could help fetch an NHL-proven upgrade before this season’s trade deadline. While Toronto doesn’t have a third, fourth, fifth or sixth-round pick at the 2022 NHL entry draft, it doesn’t mean Dubas and company can’t get creative to acquire more picks or include another prospect instead to suit the needs of other teams.“

Amirov, the other Robertson and then who and who?

Hollowell was their 4th round pick in 2018: a RHD, 5’10” & 170, whose been in the AHL (and ECHL) since 2019-20. Not good in his own end project.

Král was their 5th round pick in 2018: a LHD, 6’1” and 175lbs, depth defensive prospect with more of a chance to be a bottom pairing depth guy but lol

I get why this Leafs fanboy very serious-minded Hockey Writer is protective of Niemelä but Toronto’s lower end defensive prospects are very low end and not fit material for a Severson trade.

I’ll take Amirov from their list.
I still think the Devils need to find a way to get an extension done with Severson. If he has no intentions on signing then the return at the deadline could be quite significant especially we allow him to talk extension with a new team prior to signing. People like to dump on him on this board but he's a top four defenseman on just about every team in the league, he's a right shot, and he's still relatively young. He won't come cheap but I'd sure love to get a deal done.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
We're this close to putting it all together, if we can ever get healthy and stay that way. I think Severson would be open to staying knowing we're not fools gold no more and be open to an extension, hopefully a hometown one.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I can see Severson staying, but I just don't see why he would give a hometown discount though when he is in line for such a big payday thanks to how thin the RD market is.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I still think the Devils need to find a way to get an extension done with Severson. If he has no intentions on signing then the return at the deadline could be quite significant especially we allow him to talk extension with a new team prior to signing. People like to dump on him on this board but he's a top four defenseman on just about every team in the league, he's a right shot, and he's still relatively young. He won't come cheap but I'd sure love to get a deal done.

Seeing how dire the RD situation was the other not should tell you everything. They have proper depth behind Dougie on the right side and if he ever misses time the entire right side falls apart.

We don't have anyone that can replace Severson, unless they consider Hughes a RD, internally.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
I can see Severson staying, but I just don't see why he would give a hometown discount though when he is in line for such a big payday thanks to how thin the RD market is.
Because he wants to stay here, that's why he would. Just like Fox wanted to stay with the Rangers and signed a favorable deal for the team.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I hate that there are pictures with this guy and a New Jersey Devils jersey. Disgrace. It's terrible by itself, but the betrayal of a billet relationship for me adds an even worse layer. Sickening. Is he still playing in the KHL. Maybe Dani Miysul can put him through the boards on behalf of New Jersey.

i mentioned this earlier,

these people put him up to help him and he betrays them… im having a difficult time fathoming the reasoning behind it all

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
We're this close to putting it all together, if we can ever get healthy and stay that way. I think Severson would be open to staying knowing we're not fools gold no more and be open to an extension, hopefully a hometown one.

I don’t know how one could be someone that has been here for 7 years and trust the organization. There is still a lot of work to be done and there have been a lot of false starts in that time.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I don’t know how one could be someone that has been here for 7 years and trust the organization. There is still a lot of work to be done and there have been a lot of false starts in that time.

Yeah and the Devils themselves may have to choose between Severson and Graves in terms of who gets the big money offer this offseason, doubt Fitz pays up for both with three big contracts on the books and Bratt probably ticketed for a nice raise at this point too (assuming he wants to stay).

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
because he’s a nut job. Guarantee it wasn’t his only time doing sometbing like that. It never is a one time thing with sexual perverts.
If the girl who tweeted about him asking for nudes when she was 17 has any truth to it he clearly has a pattern of preying on younger girls.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Reactions: Tao Jersey Jones
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad