Devils 2021-22 team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - part XII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Did he? Reports from the team said he didn't, and Ruff said today he is going to miss significant time.

Yes, he did. He shouldn't have, and I don't know why the concussion spotters didn't see him struggling on the bench - it was on television.

Reactions: Whaddagoal

MauDevils

Jan 11, 2009
New Jersey
Isn't there a spotter in the NHL? If so it's crazy that he wasn't pulled aside after a check to the head penalty is called and he looks shaken up.

He 100% played after that because I remember him getting hit behind the net after a whistle.

Reactions: Whaddagoal

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yes, he did. He shouldn't have, and I don't know why the concussion spotters didn't see him struggling on the bench - it was on television.

That seems like a big mess up. They showed him on the bench soon after the hit and you could tell he was struggling.

How did the spotters miss that?

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Did he? Reports from the team said he didn't, and Ruff said today he is going to miss significant time.

E87AC88D-5630-4377-99B6-4E6E988E6E78.jpeg

BD9CA3EA-0B6A-4D02-8514-C2A96BE575AC.jpeg

Reactions: mdj12784

hidek91

Jan 13, 2014
Warsaw, PL

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Agree that depending where Severson's camp is regarding expected salary and the length of the contract, we may have to move him but I think this trade happens in the off-season rather than TDL.
I think for both sides it’s a better time to have some agreement on the land now. In two years Sevs can’t score a lot with Marner, Tavares and Auston. And it helps him to sign for a better deal. If he wants to stay and be in safier conditions - they could start to talk about it now.
But if we talk about more realistically situation- I agree with you.

funny thing is - I was surprised- who did answer to me so early. And the answer was easy - another man from Eastern Europe)

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
if you look at the return for coleman and the timing of that trading severson before the deadline makes the most sense. we’re not winning anything this year so holding on at this point makes no sense, maximize the value. but i’d prefer we keep him honestly, he’s a perfect 2nd pair for us

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
After the way Severson has played the last few games, I would like to see the Devs try to keep him. But I would like them to keep Graves too. I am not sure how much of the cap the Devs are projecting to spend on Dmen. But if they don't think we can keep him after next season, they should deal him this year before the TDL. That way we are maximizing how much we can get because the receiving team is getting him for two playoff runs, not one.

Reactions: billingtons ghost

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
After the way Severson has played the last few games, I would like to see the Devs try to keep him. But I would like them to keep Graves too. I am not sure how much of the cap the Devs are projecting to spend on Dmen. But if they don't think we can keep him after next season, they should deal him this year before the TDL. That way we are maximizing how much we can get because the receiving team is getting him for two playoff runs, not one.

I think you have to find a way to keep Graves, Siegs, and Severson. The top four of Graves-Hamilton, Siegenthaler-Severson would be an excellent foundation for the next stretch of years while hopefully having the forwards pan out. Problem is Severson has only known what it's like to be on shitty teams and I can see him getting a raise, doubling his salary isn't necessarily out of the realm of possibility to me. He's undervalued here and I think he'll get a very nice contract. Fitz needs to guage his level of interest in an extension this summer and if it's not happening he can be moved for quite a nice haul at the draft.

Reactions: billingtons ghost

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Man the way they phrased that as if a 17 year old doesnt know what the hell he is doing. What a f***ed up display of justice. One can conclude also the judge (or jury) also some screwed up people. Disturbing as hell...

Ashamed to have ever watched that POS play for this team....

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland
I feel physically ill to think that one day I rooted for this guy to make it in this league.

Theres no words to describe how disgusting this is to hear on top of how laughable this "sentence" is.

f*** him.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Have no idea what “circumstances” there could have been that made it ok for a 17 year old to do that to a 12 year old. Sounds like Boucher isn’t the only person that should be in jail for life. Were the circumstances some cash in a bag? Such corruption.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad