(MTL) Arber Xhekaj has been fined $3,385.42

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Zobitembois

Devilsfanindisguise
Jan 25, 2011
Good thing fighters are still in the game and keep everyone in check preventing star players being targeted by dirty players...

Oh wait...

Spargon

May 31, 2019
Good thing fighters are still in the game and keep everyone in check preventing star players being targeted by dirty players...

Oh wait...
Good thing that's not what happened.
1. Laine isn't a star, he's overhyped to the moon but he's a pretty average player considering how many people pot 30+g 60+p these days. He has/had a great shot beyond that was just hype.
2. Laine skated like Bambi trying to do a move he isn't skilled enough for splitting the D
3. Pare is not a dirty player and he did not target anyone. Laine skated at him, made bad move to try and get past him and failed.
4. I don't fault Wifi for coming to his team mates defense, he method was pretty cowardly but the comparisons to Bertuzzi are way over the top.

• Haha
Reactions: Rodgerwilco

izlez

Carter Mazur Fan Club
Feb 28, 2012
Yes! Yes! I see where you're going with this (as in, completely off the rails) and I too can spot the striking resemblance (there is no universe where one exists) between the Bertuzzi-Moore incident and the Xhekaj-Pare one: Moore’s career-ender involved a broken neck, concussion, and other physical and emotion injuries that stopped him from ever playing again. Pare's? Well, his career-ender is more about being an untalented scrub who's unlikely to ever make it back to the NHL for other, shall we say, "performance-based" reasons. So yeah, both career-enders - just one was inflicted by a cheap shot, the other by a complete lack of skill.

Maybe next time try comparing apples to, I don't know, flaming garbage piles, because those two situations have about as much in common. Nice try on the false equivalency though.
Oof. You're entire argument is based around Steve Moore being a good hockey player??

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
was a mistake though, no way was that intentional like alot of habs fans think
besides Laine was always going to get injured one way or another, this is horrible and wish he avoided it, but there's a reason he had a 2nd attached to him

I don’t really want to be too hard on Laine but he basically had his dead down and was looking to pull some Mario Lemieux dangle on Pare while Quillan came in hot and took away the only escape he had, which was to go right, turning a casual one on one into a one on two going into a wall.

Had he been more laterally aware he could have just dished off to the left, braced for the traffic jam and nothing would have happened.

Reactions: Arthur Morgan

Jan 21, 2018
Since the Laine thread got closed I'm gonna post this here, according to Stu Cowan from Montreal Gazzette Laine could be out for 4-6 months. So basically he is gonna miss the whole season, if this is true.

Habs best case scenarios:

#1 - laine is healthy all season. Montreal squeaks into the playoffs.

#2 - laine is injured all season. Montreal drafts yet another lottery pick (four consecutive seasons being one of the worst teams in the NHL)

#3 - laine is injured for several months but returns in time to help Montreal finish 9th overall.

Wow I can see why habs fans are so upset. Pare isn’t good enough to make the Leafs roster but he still managed to destroy Montreal’s season.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
You guys are still going on about this? Bro got a 3k fine :laugh::laugh: that's hilarious, love it. The crying in here is insane
just imagine if it was the other way around. im sorry but its beyond pathetic to threaten Pare's family with death threats. Ive heard thats going on.
not sure what there is to love. a decent player is done for the season off an accident and Wifi attacked a player from behind. not sure how it didnt get a suspension, if we get anymore jumping from behind and attacking again this will be to blame

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
As a Habs fan do I like that Xhekaj stands up for his teammates, yes. Did this go over a line and deserve a couple of at the very least preseason games. Also yes.

I also wonder if getting suspended for pre-season games has no monetary damages and the fine was seen as worse by the league since they couldn't justify enough games to make it a regular season suspension.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
just imagine if it was the other way around. im sorry but its beyond pathetic to threaten Pare's family with death threats. Ive heard thats going on.
not sure what there is to love. a decent player is done for the season off an accident and Wifi attacked a player from behind. not sure how it didnt get a suspension, if we get anymore jumping from behind and attacking again this will be to blame

Sure its pathetic but what does that have to do with 99% of habs fans lol

Habs best case scenarios:

#1 - laine is healthy all season. Montreal squeaks into the playoffs.

#2 - laine is injured all season. Montreal drafts yet another lottery pick (four consecutive seasons being one of the worst teams in the NHL)

#3 - laine is injured for several months but returns in time to help Montreal finish 9th overall.

Wow I can see why habs fans are so upset. Pare isn’t good enough to make the Leafs roster but he still managed to destroy Montreal’s season.
Why is rebuilding bad when the habs do it but its ok for the rest of the league to finish bottom 5 for half a decade in order to have any sort of success? Your own teams only regular season success comes from intentionally tanking lmao

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014

How are the actions of a couple of inbred f***tards related to Xhekaj exactly?

As of the rest, if Paré accepted the fight, he would have been punched in the face a couple of time and it would have been it.
Instead, he did the Leafs thing off being a coward, and Xhekaj had no other choice than to grab him and smack him.

You can't hurt a player like that and think that you'll get away scott free

Jan 21, 2018
Sure its pathetic but what does that have to do with 99% of habs fans lol

Why is rebuilding bad when the habs do it but its ok for the rest of the league to finish bottom 5 for half a decade in order to have any sort of success? Your own teams only regular season success comes from intentionally tanking lmao

I didn’t say that rebuilding is bad. I said that Montreal is bad at rebuilding.

Some of Montreal’s recent lottery picks:

Kotkaniemi instead of Tkachuk
Slaf instead of Cooley
Reinbacher instead of Michkov

Montreal has been at the bottom of the league for the last 3 seasons and their lottery picks are average at best, they made the wrong decision every time.

At least you will have another opportunity to draft the wrong player with your lottery pick next year lmao

• Haha
Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal

Slaf instead of Cooley

Montreal has been at the bottom of the league for the last 3 seasons and their lottery picks are average at best, they made the wrong decision every time.

At least you will have another opportunity to draft the wrong player with your lottery pick next year lmao
And you guys picked all the right players when tanking ( A bunch of forwards) and are the leagues embarrassment ,Only time will tell if the rebuild works . I'm not worried about the rebuild in Montreal , the fact we are even rebuilding in the first place is a huge win for the fanbase, Also the fact you put Cooley over Slaf and talking about the KK draft under the worst GM in the entire league and second worst in our teams history is hilariously biased. You seem a lot more concerned than us

Jan 21, 2018
Instead, he did the Leafs thing off being a coward, and Xhekaj had no other choice than to grab him and smack him.

Imagine telling the police you were assaulting someone because they were being a coward lmao

“Oh sorry my mistake please continue to assault this person, I didn’t realize you had no other choice than to grab him and smack him”

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
I don’t really want to be too hard on Laine but he basically had his dead down and was looking to pull some Mario Lemieux dangle on Pare while Quillan came in hot and took away the only escape he had, which was to go right, turning a casual one on one into a one on two going into a wall.

Had he been more laterally aware he could have just dished off to the left, braced for the traffic jam and nothing would have happened.
On the flip side, Pare could've not stuck or his leg and let Laine skate into traffic and nothing wouldd have happened. It's not like he skated head down into a fence post and wrecked his knee himself.

Jan 21, 2018
And you guys picked all the right players when tanking ( A bunch of forwards) and are the leagues embarrassment ,Only time will tell if the rebuild works . I'm not worried about the rebuild in Montreal , the fact we are even rebuilding in the first place is a huge win for the fanbase, Also the fact you put Cooley over Slaf and talking about the KK draft under the worst GM in the entire league and second worst in our teams history is hilariously biased. You seem a lot more concerned than us

I always find it amusing when a fan of a team that is consistently at the bottom of the league is trying to make fun of a consistent playoff team.

Thanks for the laugh! :laugh:

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
On the flip side, Pare could've not stuck or his leg and let Laine skate into traffic and nothing wouldd have happened. It's not like he skated head down into a fence post and wrecked his knee himself.

Yeah I didn’t say Pare was innocent, just don’t think it was maliciously planned.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

Slaf instead of Cooley

I think The Habs stole old leaf play book for drafting.
As long as they didn't also steal the one for developing defenemen I think we'll be OK.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012

Slaf instead of Cooley

You always bring this one up and each time a shake my head thinking you're dumb

Reactions: Bouboumaster

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Imagine telling the police you were assaulting someone because they were being a coward lmao

“Oh sorry my mistake please continue to assault this person, I didn’t realize you had no other choice than to grab him and smack him”

Yeah well, if the "police' did it's f***ing job in the first place and threw Paré out of the game, Xhekaj wouldn't have to take the matter on his own hands

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad