Around the NHL: Training Camps and Pre-Season Games

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
The comment was stupid even if it was their offering point. Making your player look bad to fans because you’re struggling to get a deal done? Awful work. If they’d really never even made an offer to the number he was using to make him look bad…yeah…I’m done negotiating with you. Bring me a professional or send me somewhere that has one. Because you ain’t it.

Reactions: Dingo44

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020

1000010540.gif

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
The Bruins have made a bunch of absolutely bone headed management decisions in the past 15 years. And yet, they are the most successful team during that time in terms of win percentage.

If you ever watch the behind the scenes footage of Neely and the brain trust deciding to trade Seguin you’re left thinking “these are the guys in charge of an NHL roster?”

They have some sort of secret sauce, idk.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

SO WHERE ARE WE?

Until Monday, this is where I believe everything stood:

• Neely said he directly asked Swayman if the goalie wished to be a Bruin, and the answer was a resounding yes. I’m under the impression Swayman has always pushed for maximum term. After initially offering contracts of various lengths, the Bruins were satisfied with Swayman’s response and focused on eight years.

• Despite that, the two sides remain so far apart on salary that this won’t be solved unless player or team completely caves in or changes their minds. I’ve heard some softening of positions, but the gap was millions per season to start with.

• Gross’s statement claims that, prior to the media conference, the Bruins never got to $64M. I think they were close, maybe around $60M-$62M. Swayman/Gross probably aren’t as annoyed about the number itself as they are about it being mentioned in the first place. I read what Neely said as this: “We’re going to 64 and no farther. That’s it.” We will see. David Pastrnak pushed the Bruins farther than they wanted to go, but he was unrestricted. Swayman saw that success, but he is restricted.

• Two weeks ago, I started to hear rumours of a possible trade. The Bruins wouldn’t comment, but it was clear they told teams they weren’t considering it and wanted to keep him. Again, we will see if anything has changed. Remember, other teams are allowed to speak to Swayman because he’s an unsigned free agent. They know what he wants.

:popcorn:

Reactions: tsujimoto74

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
The Bruins have made a bunch of absolutely bone headed management decisions in the past 15 years. And yet, they are the most successful team during that time in terms of win percentage.

If you ever watch the behind the scenes footage of Neely and the brain trust deciding to trade Seguin you’re left thinking “these are the guys in charge of an NHL roster?”

I had the exact same thought after the seguin video

Yet their team has missed the playoffs twice in 16 seasons and appeared in the finals 3 times, winning once.

In those same 16 seasons, the Sabres have made the playoffs twice.

They might be doing some things wrong, but they are also doing very many things right.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad