Devils 2020-21 team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - part XIV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
Ugh. Do you have any idea what would happen to the lingonberry import market? That’s likely to lead to Saab going under.
Ugh. Do you have any idea what would happen to the caribou jerky import market? It’s likely to lead to Saab going under.
GM found a way to destroy SAAB all by itself, ladies and gentlemen, the SAAB 9-7x Jimmy/Blazer Thingy
Saab_9-7X_--_01-07-2012.jpg

Reactions: My3Sons

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
This may sound weird but I am a little happy Nico and Bratt will miss 20% of the season which we have no expectations in. This gives us more space to try out more kids for the time being. We already know what we have in 13 and 63 and are looking forward to having them back, but giving more time and opportunities to the kids will be beneficial.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
This may sound weird but I am a little happy Nico and Bratt will miss 20% of the season which we have no expectations in. This gives us more space to try out more kids for the time being. We already know what we have in 13 and 63 and are looking forward to having them back, but giving more time and opportunities to the kids will be beneficial.

I'll disagree here. This is still a crucial point in Nico and Bratt's development. I'd rather them play as much as possible and hit their ceilings because it's much higher than guys like Kuokannen, McLeod, or Bastian who likely top out as guys who play at the bottom of the lineup and could be replaced pretty easily in comparison.

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
I don't know how all this works, is that more on the US or Finnish end? If it was the Finnish end then maybe it'll only be an issue for Vatanen and not Bratt. If it's the US then we could be waiting a while for both Bratt and Vatanen
Few days ago Finnish NHL journalist Tommi Seppälä asked Kapanen, why this visa issue has taken so long. Kapanen said that you should ask that about US authorities. So it seems, that the problem is on the US end.

Yllättävään ongelmaan törmännyt Kasperi Kapanen saa uuden tilaisuuden tutussa seurassa: "Joka päivä vaaditaan maksimitehoja" (in Finnish)

13BearerOfHope

Hoppsassa Gügüü
Oct 12, 2019
So what’s the news on Nico’s leg and when he be back on the ice?
Why is there no more information on this by the Devils? Are they afraid of rising prosthesis prices if they already now communicate he actually does needs a wooden leg?
Seriously, what’s up?

Reactions: My3Sons

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
Few days ago Finnish NHL journalist Tommi Seppälä asked Kapanen, why this visa issue has taken so long. Kapanen said that you should ask that about US authorities. So it seems, that the problem is on the US end.

Yllättävään ongelmaan törmännyt Kasperi Kapanen saa uuden tilaisuuden tutussa seurassa: "Joka päivä vaaditaan maksimitehoja" (in Finnish)
That is probably right. I used to be involved in immigration issues years ago, I have forgot most of it but it is true that the company I worked for was working with the US Govt., not the country the person was from

Reactions: Guttersniped

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
It is a US problem. The Departments that process visa/immigration applications have been hollowed out the past 4 years, which is why we have seen these issues pop up from time to time. Add in the pandemic and more people leaving said departments because of the impending administration change and you are seeing even greater delay.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
It is a US problem. The Departments that process visa/immigration applications have been hollowed out the past 4 years, which is why we have seen these issues pop up from time to time. Add in the pandemic and more people leaving said departments because of the impending administration change and you are seeing even greater delay.
Leaving politics out of this you make a great point, right now the top priority and focus is the transition from the current administration to the new one, its really awful timing and we might now see Bratt for weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad