Devils 2020-21 team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - part XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I’d definitely trade Zajac at the deadline if we suck, but I’d also like to have him back next year, depending on how productive he is the rest of the year.

We could always sign him again like we just did with Vatanen. Lou probably wants him, but the Islanders have enough old players.

Zajac might be needed here another year or so, just because of how disappointing Zacha has been. Zajac is still the better player in 2021. Zajac has always been better than Zacha, so I’m not sure why it was ever debated by a single person that Zacha was better than him a couple years ago or whenever. If Zajac is not still better than Zacha in another year from now, then it’s more than likely because Zajac just threw a rod.

Reactions: glenwo2

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He’s such a passenger. He has like 2 weeks of play a year where he asserts himself and the rest is just floating around.
I’ve had it with him. I expected more from him this year with the increased ice time.

I used to defend him. Not blindly, but I would definitely defend him when people compared him to Jacob Josefson or said he was terrible. He’s played like a mediocre 4th line center in pretty much all 5 games now. A mediocre 4th liner that’s getting middle 6 ice time because the forwards are depleted. And that is why he’s even getting middle-6 usage right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad