Devils 2020-21 team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - part XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

BringBackTheRats

Mar 13, 2012
Albany, NY
From an Upstate NY perspective, nothing is worse than the people driving around from DC. Those people are animals. The rest comes out in the wash. And that's counting Boston as well...

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
I've thankfully had a fairly busy work day to keep me away from it here. So I'll say what I've had bottled up since last night.

R-E-L-A-X.

The incessant complaining and whining by many when the team is losing even just one game is, by far, the most unbearable thing about this place. Have people forgotten that we were pegged by virtually everyone to finish last in this division? Have people forgotten we're missing significant players in Nico and Bratt since the season began, and now potentially Mac for some time? Have people forgotten we're dealing with an unprecedented layoff that could be significantly impacting some of the players that are having a shit start to the year? Have people forgotten we have an entirely new coaching staff who had virtually no time to implement the strategies they wanted to employ that a normal offseason would allow?

Yes, I know we all want Palms to be shooting out the gate like he has for the past 5 years. Yes, we want Goose to be putting up the points the way he did in the latter part of last season. Yes, we want Johnsson to adjust to the new team right away and be productive immediately. Yes, we wish that P.K. Subban was 5 years younger.

This team is not perfect. No one rationally expects them to be. There are going to be bumps along the way. Get used to it sooner than later, otherwise you'll be scraping your bald heads from already having torn your hair out. And the sooner you do? The less aggravated you'll be when those bumps inevitably come up.

eNJoy the ride!

Reactions: glenwo2

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Is Blackwood covid positive confirmed or anything of how long he's out?

If he's on the list more than a few days (and/or if more players start popping up on the COVID list) then you can deduce he's positive, but they aren't gonna come out and say it until then.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Boqvist has been great with Zajac, that makes no sense

Mango will definitely look better with that line

Reactions: Alex NJD

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Boqvist hasn’t separated himself from any of the young guys. McLeod and Bastian shouldn’t come out. Kuokkanen was pretty good last game. He’ll get back in the lineup — especially if Johnsson continues to provide zero.

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
Interesting move to try JK in the second, he’s been one of our weaker players so far (and this coming from a fellow Finn). Most would have probably have him as the extra forward but instead he gets more ice time (if they do go with this). Hope he does well!

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I can’t wait until Zacha is on the 4th line. Hopefully he will be when Jesper and Nico are back.

Just beyond tired of him. McLeod looks better than he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad