RD Carter Amico - USNTDP, USHL (2025 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This is a dude with some potential. He's 6'5 205 already. He skates well enough. His puck game isn't bad, and he plays very physical. He makes too many mistakes right now, but he has some very nice shifts where you see a player who could be a top 4 NHL DFD.

Really impossible to predict a draft range so early on. On one hand, a dude like Brady Cleveland goes 2nd round with this profile having not developed at all during his time at the NTDP. On the other hand, if he doesn't develop much you'd think he'd only be a late rounder. Hard to know. Wide range. Not sure I see first round because there's minimal offense, and little upside for a dude that isn't like an ace defender, but maybe as high as second round.

Reactions: Nevins

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
He's the best draft prospect for the 17's. He's becoming a beast as the season has went on.

His game against Muskegon from Saturday (the postponed game) was frightening how he was bullying older junior aged players.

I saw some potential in his games earlier in the season, but he needed to become more consistent. I have to credit Corey Pronman for mentioning him as a potential first rounder months back because when I read that I thought it sounded way too bold, but where he placed him for his initial 2025 rankings is starting to look low.

Obviously there's the potential he doesn't reach his potential, but I'm looking at two tracks for his potential. He could be like a Carlo/Cernak good top 4 (borderline #2) defensive defenseman as his potential with the size, skating, meanness, defensive acumen. Or he could continue to make progress and put himself on a Mo Seider/Seth Jones type of track. I see flashes of that elite track, but it's not yet completely there.

I want to see him get a lot more power play time. He's only starting to get PP minutes, and I think looks effective on the PP. Has gotten essentially no PP time the whole season. He's aggressive with jumping up into the rush and has pretty good hands for 6'5. He'll have no problems moving pucks and skates very well. His hockey sense has gotten a lot better, which I think has unlocked his defensive potential even more.

I think he's tracking as a first rounder. I'm close to saying top 10, but top 15 right now could be more appropriate, and if he doesn't show further progress that might end up closer to late first. But we could also be looking at a top 5 range when all is said and done.

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
He's the best draft prospect for the 17's. He's becoming a beast as the season has went on.

His game against Muskegon from Saturday (the postponed game) was frightening how he was bullying older junior aged players.

I saw some potential in his games earlier in the season, but he needed to become more consistent. I have to credit Corey Pronman for mentioning him as a potential first rounder months back because when I read that I thought it sounded way too bold, but where he placed him for his initial 2025 rankings is starting to look low.

Obviously there's the potential he doesn't reach his potential, but I'm looking at two tracks for his potential. He could be like a Carlo/Cernak good top 4 (borderline #2) defensive defenseman as his potential with the size, skating, meanness, defensive acumen. Or he could continue to make progress and put himself on a Mo Seider/Seth Jones type of track. I see flashes of that elite track, but it's not yet completely there.

I want to see him get a lot more power play time. He's only starting to get PP minutes, and I think looks effective on the PP. Has gotten essentially no PP time the whole season. He's aggressive with jumping up into the rush and has pretty good hands for 6'5. He'll have no problems moving pucks and skates very well. His hockey sense has gotten a lot better, which I think has unlocked his defensive potential even more.

I think he's tracking as a first rounder. I'm close to saying top 10, but top 15 right now could be more appropriate, and if he doesn't show further progress that might end up closer to late first. But we could also be looking at a top 5 range when all is said and done.
Good to see the development. He was super raw when he first started at MSC but you could see the potential. He kept getting better and better but it's great to see the development continue

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Good to see the development. He was super raw when he first started at MSC but you could see the potential. He kept getting better and better but it's great to see the development continue
I read an interview with him that was from last April, and he was saying something similar. Sounds like he has a good perspective, and that might be part of why he's made such good progress.

"I've gotten better over time. I was always one of the better players. Not the best, but better. A good player. Above-average."

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
He’s also better than Emery I think. Better defensively going into his draft year, two inches taller and 20+ pounds heavier, and shows more offensive instincts.

If he has a big season, he could have a Mo Seider draft range.

Reactions: Nevins

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad