Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes) - camp begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
One good year? He's only played one full year. He still should be an RFA...That was Shero's decision.
Saying he should still be an RFA without knowing about the negotiations of getting him out of school is wild. This is common around the league. You not understanding basic concepts continues to baffle me.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Give him a comparable 1st contract for somebody coming coming of a 19 goal season and was 74th in the league in goals per 60
I'm gonna guess they think they're giving fair value, but the agent doesn't. When the numbers come out, it won't matter, since we won't know whose side budged

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I'm gonna guess they think they're giving fair value, but the agent doesn't. When the numbers come out, it won't matter, since we won't know whose side budged
I'd bet it is not about $$ and it is about years

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
I'm not following you? Wood only has 3 years of RFA remaining... I'm sure that they only want to do 2 and Wood wants more... it would appear to me that it is either 2 or buy UFA years.

My post that you responded to was in reference to the notion of "prove it".

Wood has 5 years of RFA remaining. He was born in September 1995 and he only has 2 accrued seasons. He is UFA in July 2023.

The Devils deliberately burned a game because they keep Wood out of arbitration rights for the first RFA negotiation.

Reactions: Aethon

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Might be JQ’s big chance if this keeps carrying on.

JQ coming to camp looking like a new man... no-names turning heads a la Bratt last year... they love Anderson, so he’ll get every opportunity to stick...

Shero has no problem waiting this out. I’m not sure what Wood’s agent thinks is going to happen here. The organization isn’t going to cave, and we’ve past the threshold from “awkward” to “bad.”

The agent isn’t working for the player’s best interests here, and it’s a shame.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
JQ coming to camp looking like a new man... no-names turning heads a la Bratt last year... they love Anderson, so he’ll get every opportunity to stick...

Shero has no problem waiting this out. I’m not sure what Wood’s agent thinks is going to happen here. The organization isn’t going to cave, and we’ve past the threshold from “awkward” to “bad.”

The agent isn’t working for the player’s best interests here, and it’s a shame.
How isn't the agent working in the players best interest?

The guy is one of the fastest straight ahead skaters in the league and just scored 19 goals playing only 12 minutes a night and hes a bull.

He scored more goals per 60 than Stamkos, Kuznetsov, Eberle, Matt Duchene, Scheifele, Braden Point, Kopitar, Rantanen, Riley Smith.. to name a few.

His agent should be getting him the biggest contract he can.

Reactions: Missionhockey

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
And he had all offseason to do that. but he’s on a position with no leverage and is overplaying his hand. at this point his clients best interest would be served playing hockey with the team while his boss seems perfectly content to let other players fight for his spot

Reactions: mtnet

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
And he had all offseason to do that. but he’s on a position with no leverage and is overplaying his hand. at this point his clients best interest would be served playing hockey with the team while his boss seems perfectly content to let other players fight for his spot
There is no player in our system, perhaps in our division that can replace Wood's combination of size and speed. Let alone goals.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Never understood how this stuff doesn’t get done in a weeks time.

Day one. Shero offer no good.
Wood replies. Shero says no good.

Sides don’t speak for two weeks and repeat?

Why not just keep bouncing numbers off each other. This goes for all players and teams with these fiasco.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Never understood how this stuff doesn’t get done in a weeks time.

Day one. Shero offer no good.
Wood replies. Shero says no good.

Sides don’t speak for two weeks and repeat?

Why not just keep bouncing numbers off each other. This goes for all players and teams with these fiasco.
Each sides sees an advantage in brinksmanship.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Great comparable
Ondrej Kase scored 20 goals, 19 at even strength, averaged 1:27 more than Wood and just signed a 3 year deal at 2.6 million per year.

Essentially the only comparable. I love Miles, I love what he brings to this team. I love almost everything about his game. This, however, is not a good idea for him and his camp.

Reactions: Patrik26
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad