Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes) - camp begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Well being under team control and not signing a RFA contract is a semanticial difference from holding out on a signed deal, which doesn't really happen in the NHL. Either way the player should be in camp and isn't. It's just striking the list of RFA's who haven't signed deals that was posted before, I don't remember a list like that in recent years.

I think the agents see high end second contracts and assume every decent to good young player will get a proportional agreement. The GMs have to save cap money somewhere since it isn’t realistic to have seven or eight players on ELCs every season. You can only hand out so many big money second and third multi year deals.

If everyone is healthy Wood is LW3 or 4. He’s capable of more but it’s tricky to project a depth player.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Injuries did him dirty so maybe he can turn it around - but no one can pretend McLeod has been great or even good since his draft day
I think it's fair to say McLeod has been good since being drafted.

Less then you'd hope from a high pick, but his #'s are still good.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I think Wood just thinks he improved so much last year after sitting out the opening game, he'll do it again :sarcasm:

I'm not really sure what Shero means when he says "I don’t think it’s a big gap, but I think there’s some philosophical issues that need to be worked out about how the system works. " I wonder if some of what's going on is Wood wanting more playing time or his role on the team.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
I think Wood just thinks he improved so much last year after sitting out the opening game, he'll do it again :sarcasm:

I'm not really sure what Shero means when he says "I don’t think it’s a big gap, but I think there’s some philosophical issues that need to be worked out about how the system works. " I wonder if some of what's going on is Wood wanting more playing time or his role on the team.
I believe it involves the upcoming CBA and how Wood will fair post-CBA. Likely the reason for an increase, starting last season, in harder contract negotiations and especially for RFAs.

Reactions: My3Sons and Nubmer6

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela

maybe he means "prove yourself before you get a big contract. it's not 'pay you first, perform later'"

Reactions: mtnet

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Why only 7 forwards and 4+1 D?

You have to click on the roster again, it doesn't display all at once.

Seems like for the most part it's actually fairly split though you'd have figured Hall and Ty Smith both get the home game at least.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
lol hynes in this interview

new host Erika Wachter seriously asks great questions. i'm actually really excited for her. not just a cute face, it seems :sarcasm:

edit: OH MY GOD IT'S ABBEY MASTRACCO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad