Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes) - camp begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Hopefully staff gives the home crowd tomorrow a good lineup for the only preseason game at the rock. I have never been so excited for a preseason game! I have a feeling about this team.

Reactions: nugg

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
Duchene doesn't make us a cup contender or anything so I'd rather not trade the top prospect, 1st rounder and more it would take. If he makes it to FA then we would have another full year of data on what Zacha can be. And that really might be possible because off the top of my head midseason trades that are rentals usually make it to free agency. I think that is the level of player Shero wouldn't mind paying for, I understand not wanting to lock up the Henrique/Johansson tier for their decline years.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
This isn’t true either.
Of course it is true. He still makes a ton of boneheaded plays, idk how anyone can deny that. BUT, I have been impressed by his progression and he dramatically reduced those unforced errors in year 2. I hope to see the same upward trajectory this season. Hopefully he signs soon.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I don't think Cory reaggravated anything, they just have to be pacing him cause he hasn't been on-ice for a while.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
If Hall has another similar season or close to it and signs an extension this next offseason, I am curious to see if that starts to help with signing other bigger name free agents.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Forgot about this guy, I'm guessing there will be a season long Mueller/Yak debate on this board

As Mueller is still a question mark, a guy with ability, but maybe still in the process of development, if Yak can be a safe solid veteran type that would perfect.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
A) how long did they even play together? It wasn't more than a few games, if that
B) Zacha was way better than Wood was down the stretch. After Wood's suspension, he was basically useless the rest of the year.

Zacha played about half his time with Miles Wood last season and they both had quite good results together. I wouldn't mind seeing more of that duo next season.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Duchene doesn't make us a cup contender or anything so I'd rather not trade the top prospect, 1st rounder and more it would take. If he makes it to FA then we would have another full year of data on what Zacha can be. And that really might be possible because off the top of my head midseason trades that are rentals usually make it to free agency. I think that is the level of player Shero wouldn't mind paying for, I understand not wanting to lock up the Henrique/Johansson tier for their decline years.
McLeod is far from a top prospect.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Seney's odds of making the team increase substantially if Wood continues to hold out. Very excited to see him in preseason action. Hopefully he's in the lineup tomorrow

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
If Hall has another similar season or close to it and signs an extension this next offseason, I am curious to see if that starts to help with signing other bigger name free agents.
It’s probably more along the lines of he’d have to stay at that ppg pace, extend here and we’d have to come close to winning a PO series for FA interest to increase. The increased media attention is certainly a boon though. Is that the correct usage of that word. I don’t think I’ve used boon in a sentence in quite some years.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Seen seems like a guy who can definitely steal a spot or if he ends up in the AHL, be there top center and be a call up candidate.

Curious to see what he can do and if he can be a top 9 center for us.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
Unpopular opinion but if Woods agent is being an ass then just trade him, we’ve got decent depth at LW and he could probably return a decent defenceman if we added a little to him.

Miles hasn’t proven nearly enough to justify making negotiations so difficult.

Reactions: OmNomNom and Billdo

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
There are quite a few RFA's still unsigned throughout the league, this isn't a problem that we're only facing. The CBA is harsh on RFA's with no rights, this contract that most of them will sign represents a decent portion of what will essentially be their best hockey and having no rights makes this hard. They should want to be compensated fairly but there's nothing they can really do.

Toronto isn't trading Nylander, Edmonton isn't trading Nurse, Winnipeg isn't trading Morrissey, Vegas isn't trading Theodore and we're not trading Wood. Just be patient.

Reactions: My3Sons

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
It’s amazing that people can know practically nothing of what’s been discussed between the two
parties and then start making assumptions that a player or his agent are being too difficult. It’s a negotiation, nothing in that process is easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad