Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes) - camp begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Hall-Hischier-Bratt
Johanson-Zacha-Palmieri
Coleman-Zajac-Noesen
Wood-Boyle-Stafford*
Quenneville*

Greene-Vatanen
Mueller-Severson
Butcher-Lovejoy
Santini

Kinkaid-Schneider-Lack

I can see two open spots 4RW and 13F.
I think Stafford gets signed and takes one of the spots. I'll probably opt for Quenneville for the other spot. He doesn't need AHL seasoning whereby the likes of Anderson, McLeod, Seney shoud be playing big minutes in AHL.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
McLeod+2019 1st+Jacobs for a Duchene willing to re-sign

thoughts? if it enough?

I'd say it's probably not enough, but given what they got for EK, I'd say they might take it. I do that in a heartbeat, but is there any motivation for them to trade him? Seemed like EK was a distraction for the team, but Duchene is flying under the radar.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darkauron

glenwo2

JESPER BRATWURST
Oct 18, 2008
New Jersey(No Fanz!)
Oh my god Ty Smith sounds like Kermit the Frog.

It's not easy being green...err, I mean Ty.

Nico and the kids already back it. Hall with a nice pass to Bratt, who makes an even nicer pass to Nico who rips it top shelf. My boys.

This vid should be NSFW 'cause it's Pure Sex. :naughty::naughty::naughty:

Can't wait for the season to start!

Remember, Amanda works for the team.
She's not going to say anything negative

That's fine by me.

Why the hell should we be the only franchise to NOT be homer-ish? :laugh:

Last edited:

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Did you guys watch the team at all last year? Zacha's slow start, and subsequent turnaround after being put on a line with Wood was one of the more memorable stories of the season.

Miles Wood's advice to Devils center Pavel Zacha

"Earlier on this season he would just kind of grip the stick too tight. We all go through that stage as players," Wood said. "When I started to play with him, I said, 'Pavel, look. You have the skill, you have the talent. Just calm down. I had to go through that calm-down period, too. Just play your game. I'm here to support you, and let's see what we can do.'"

Since the two have been united on a line, Zacha's game has turned. The points aren't piling up, but Zacha's impact is much clearer. He plays with consistent effort and battles on the puck on both ends, and the scoring chances have started to surface.

After being a healthy scratch for a handful of games in November and December, Zacha has been bumped up to the second line, where he has combined with Wood and now right wing Kyle Palmieri.

How do you not remember that?

A) how long did they even play together? It wasn't more than a few games, if that
B) Zacha was way better than Wood was down the stretch. After Wood's suspension, he was basically useless the rest of the year.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Watching the Devils prospects, then watching these training camp vids, it makes the Bruins Flames game from this morning look like it is happening in slow motion. The speed is incredible.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
I'd say it's probably not enough, but given what they got for EK, I'd say they might take it. I do that in a heartbeat, but is there any motivation for them to trade him? Seemed like EK was a distraction for the team, but Duchene is flying under the radar.
I figured Duchene wants to contend with all hes been through in terms of team finishes. Plus Ottawa cant really ask for much since theres only so many teams close to or already contending and then, on top of that, have to have the assets and the room to move for him and sign long term.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Stone is significantly better than Duchene IMO. We should absolutely do what we can to acquire him and resign him long-term.
It is an interesting one. If Zacha doesn't step up and increase his production to 40-50 points playing with Palms and Mojo, i'll say a 2nd line center is more of a team need than a talented winger.

Reactions: Brooklyndevil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad