Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes) - camp begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I think he is talking about Miles Wood's spot, no?

In rookie camp Hynes said there were 2 spots open for people at rookie camp...it may be there’s only one but there is at least one, even with Wood here.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
In rookie camp Hynes said there were 2 spots open for people at rookie camp...it may be there’s only one but there is at least one, even with Wood here.

Maroon and Grabner/Gibbons. Every other forward that played in Game 5 is still here and likely to have a spot, not counting Wood.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
I mean, that is just untrue.

Did you guys watch the team at all last year? Zacha's slow start, and subsequent turnaround after being put on a line with Wood was one of the more memorable stories of the season.

Miles Wood's advice to Devils center Pavel Zacha

"Earlier on this season he would just kind of grip the stick too tight. We all go through that stage as players," Wood said. "When I started to play with him, I said, 'Pavel, look. You have the skill, you have the talent. Just calm down. I had to go through that calm-down period, too. Just play your game. I'm here to support you, and let's see what we can do.'"

Since the two have been united on a line, Zacha's game has turned. The points aren't piling up, but Zacha's impact is much clearer. He plays with consistent effort and battles on the puck on both ends, and the scoring chances have started to surface.

After being a healthy scratch for a handful of games in November and December, Zacha has been bumped up to the second line, where he has combined with Wood and now right wing Kyle Palmieri.

How do you not remember that?

Last edited by a moderator:

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
Yeah, the guy people had a hard on for because he played good for two months and then competeky disappeared after his injury while ignoring that he's essentially a 13th forward
People in hockey media treating that like some kind of significant departure just wanted an excuse to rag on us. The only free agent that left and I was actually upset about was Maroon. Everyone else is no big deal.

Reactions: Billdo

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Someone said two spots up for grabs. It's the two forwards who started Game 5 that aren't on the team anymore. I put Grabner in the post cause he was supposed to be the guy who had that spot.

It’s been so long that I forgot Gibbons didn’t start at the end

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
It sounds to me like they are just trying to be very cautious with Cory, rather than rush him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad