Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes) - camp begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
does anyone have a subscription to this **** rag?

The agent's quote was in the comments section (apparently his agent is Peter Fish)

"Miles wants to be there with his teammates. There is no question he wants to be there," Fish said. "He feels they have a core group that can compete with anybody and he’s excited for the season. I do agree with Ray with that I don’t think there is a big gap. I did see one thing that Ray said about “philosophical differences” and I disagree with him on that. There is a CBA and that’s a fact. There are certain rules and some teams play it differently than others.

Reactions: MartyOwns

nugg

NJ Hammerhead Bats!
Apr 27, 2002
Central Jersey
Welp... Mr Yakolev certainly is handsome. I have no problem admitting that

8713cf06cdf528228c71550eaa154e21.jpg
It's kinda like if Zacha and Erik Karlsson had a kid :laugh:

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
Is the agent trying to make a statement about RFA rules with all of this?
In fairness, RFA rules screw over players. It pretty much ties you down to one team until you're old enough to be a free agent, and only the best of the best get a big payday at that point.

It's very similar to baseball. Teams like to go cheap and young in MLB too.

Camille the Eel

So for someone not following twitter or the blogs closely, exactly what is the Miles Wood situation? Is he (will he be) in camp? He’s a restricted free agent? Or on the last year of a first contract?

Just confused as to the facts and where things stand.

It will be a shame if they can’t get this settled.

Sheros expletives

Jan 9, 2014
So for someone not following twitter or the blogs closely, exactly what is the Miles Wood situation? Is he (will he be) in camp? He’s a restricted free agent? Or on the last year of a first contract?

He'll be in camp if he signs a contract.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008

He’s a restricted free agent. He won’t be in camp without signing a contract and rumors say both sides have agreed on length but apparently can’t agree on dollars.

Wood has very little leverage so he will likely give in but who knows?

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Schneider practiced before group A went on the ice, and then he stayed with them doing work in every drill, including a little 3 on 3 scrimmage.

Seems like some good signs there, no?

Reactions: My3Sons

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I agree, I think the agent is touting Mile's continued trajectory of success as a foregone conclusion while in reality he likely needs another good year under his belt to solidify that reputation with management.

Shero’s quote implying that other players are “getting ahead” of Wood while he sits without a contract, leads me to believe you’re right.

I think they want to see more from Wood before committing to anything juicy, but right now they’re not seeing anything. Just potential replacements working their butts off.

I hope pen meets paper very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad