Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes) - camp begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Welp... Mr Yakolev certainly is handsome. I have no problem admitting that

8713cf06cdf528228c71550eaa154e21.jpg

Well hello there gorgeous

Reactions: glenwo2

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Trades get made, players get injured, players get put on the block, etc. Something will change between now and the trade deadline, I guarantee that. So there is no point in complaining about this team when it's not a finished product.

More to your point - I don't think anyone had Gibbons, Coleman, Noesen, Bratt and Butcher penciled in to start the season for certain.

We might end up with two or three guys stealing jobs although with the increased talent last year - it is hard to see from whom they'd be stolen... but conceivably:

Boyle, Wood, Noesen, Coleman, Lovejoy, Santini, Bratt, Mueller, or even Zacha, Severson, Butcher, Kincaid could potentially find themselves a healthy scratch on opening night if somebody comes in and really shines.

I find it more likely than not that all the above guys make the opening night lineup - but there's no reason why a number of them do not or are dealt away by opening night.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012

BOOM, THE GOAT SAID IT

"We have a pretty big nucleus for our team, and the thing with free agency is you can get yourself into trouble when you really start looking to plug holes, when some of those players might already be in your system already, or in waivers, or whatever"

Hallowed be thy name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad