Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes) - camp begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela

Look closely (open the full tweet/photo). See the FanDuel, Halmar, and Wawa logos?

I LOVE that Wawa has on ad on our ice now. :laugh:

AmeriHealth New Jersey is also gone for the first time, replaced with Ticketmaster.

ew did we always have THIS many sponsors? there's like 4 different ones at center ice

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
No, but having more is a good thing. Especially when they're big firms you've actually heard of.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

For a team with a history (Not necessarily recent, however) of financial problems, there is no such thing as too many sponsors.

I HATE THE LACK OF SYMMETRY THOUGH! my pseudo OCD is triggered, almost as badly as this does

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
How important is Pavel Zacha to the future of the franchise?
Someone said, ‘What does he need to do to make that next step?’ And I said, ‘Take the next step.’ He’s a guy who is almost like Sean Courtier. Sean was the seventh overall pick and came in at 18 years old. He had a role and he’d score 13 goals, 15 goals. And then all of a sudden in what was it … year six? He comes in and scores (31) goals and he’s a heck of a hockey player. He can play both sides of the puck and he finally had that outbreak offensively. Pavel is very good defensively, very conscientious. He’s a big, strong kid who can really shoot the puck and we want him to do more of that. We’ve been through this with young players. This is his third year. He’s a good young player and an important part of what we’re trying to do. It hard to find center icemen, and especially ones with the size and skill like he has.
It’s like with Couturier, sometimes it takes longer. Even though Couturier was a big part of their team for a long time, it just happened for him offensively at a later date. Everybody would take Sean Courtier even before he scored his 30. Pav was a good player on a playoff team last year. He wasn’t a top scorer like that, but you need contributions from everyone. The next step for him is to round out his game and use more of his size and skill and strength on the offensive side of the puck, as well, and gain confidence doing it to really get to the level we think he can be at.
Devils GM Ray Shero talks Miles Wood negotiations, players...

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Wawa > quick check. :popcorn:

Interesting. I like them both and really see no major difference other than the fact that Wawa is a major company and Quick Check is a little guy.

I HATE THE LACK OF SYMMETRY THOUGH! my pseudo OCD is triggered, almost as badly as this does

Wow. That. Looks. Really. Bad.

Like it was real close to 5pm on a Friday when that got done.

Reactions: Billdo and OmNomNom

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Welp... Mr Yakolev certainly is handsome. I have no problem admitting that

8713cf06cdf528228c71550eaa154e21.jpg

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
You know, saying that the Devils might not have a roster that can take them to the playoffs again is fair in my opinion. I have a little doubt that they can do it as is as well.

But, how often though to rosters stay the same the whole year though? Even when we stunk there was a lot of turnover throughout the season. Shoot, in the dark days, Scott Gomez was our first line center (shudder). My point is, how long do you expect this version of the team to last?

Trades get made, players get injured, players get put on the block, etc. Something will change between now and the trade deadline, I guarantee that. So there is no point in complaining about this team when it's not a finished product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad