Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes) - camp begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
No disagreement but I see Sevs development as more crucial given his age and experience. If the younger defenders showed marginal improvement over the course of the season that wouldn’t shock me or discourage me. I think Sevs needs to start showing more than that in his own zone. Him taking a step forward to become a consistent leader of a legit second pair would really help settle the defense this season.
I truly believe Severson is going to take a step by not being paired with Moore, but that remains to be seen. Everyone projects Butcher paired with him, but I've been saying for weeks that I'd want to see him with Greene. Try Mueller and/or Butcher with Vats and see if either can stick.

Reactions: nugg and My3Sons

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
We saw the part about Nico gaining 5 pounds, but it looks like JQ is in fighting shape too.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
We saw the part about Nico gaining 5 pounds, but it looks like JQ is in fighting shape too.

A bigger Nico with an improved shot could put up 60 points next to Hall. I legit believe that. Maybe even more depending how things settle on his RW.

JQ coming in trim is great news. Camp is going to be extremely competitive with so many kids fighting for only one or two spots.

All the more reason Wood needs to sign on the dotted line. He has nothing guaranteed if he misses too much of camp.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
A bigger Nico with an improved shot could put up 60 points next to Hall. I legit believe that. Maybe even more depending how things settle on his RW.

JQ coming in trim is great news. Camp is going to be extremely competitive with so many kids fighting for only one or two spots.

All the more reason Wood needs to sign on the dotted line. He has nothing guaranteed if he misses too much of camp.

I don't see any way that Wood will get pushed out of the line-up, unless he was being traded.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
I truly believe Severson is going to take a step by not being paired with Moore, but that remains to be seen. Everyone projects Butcher paired with him, but I've been saying for weeks that I'd want to see him with Greene. Try Mueller and/or Butcher with Vats and see if either can stick.

While I agree, not being paired with Moore is a positive, he still needs to improve his defensive awareness to become a top pairing defenseman.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Kinkaid’s comments about working out all summer with Zacha were encouraging to me. I am glad he spent the summer in Jersey again as well.

I'm really happy he seems to be putting the work in. It's all mental it seems.

Also nice to see he clearly enjoys living in NJ and has embraced it as his home.

Reactions: nugg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad