Waived: [BUF] Kale Clague, James Reimer, and Lukas Rousek waived by the Sabres

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Real surprised Reimer got waived and risk losing s goalie.

I think Levi should play in rochester and get regular call ups to play about 12-15 games in mid week. I'm concerned if hes only playing 30 or so as a back up vs doing 55+ with Rochester and buffalo

Reactions: BHD

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Real surprised Reimer got waived and risk losing s goalie.

I think Levi should play in rochester and get regular call ups to play about 12-15 games in mid week. I'm concerned if hes only playing 30 or so as a back up vs doing 55+ with Rochester and buffalo

I don't really see it as that big of a risk. Even if you lose Reimer on waiver (doubtful), you can usually find guys of the caliber he's at now, for cheap all over if you need one.

As for Levi getting games...as long as he's getting 30+ games (and i wouldn't be surprised to see more even), that's a pretty decent split for goalies these days. There's plenty of workload in practice, and it's part of the reason we don't see these 60+ game workhorses near as much anymore. Last year there were what, a dozen or so guys who made 50+ starts? UPL being one of them barely, but there's nothing wrong with siphoning a few of those away to Levi if he's playing well enough to earn it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad