Post-Game Talk: Devil VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
Man we rebuilt for 10 years, and got shit for it, no young stars to speak of, vets are all aging, going to need to start over in 2-3 years hoping the young guys are core pieces, but I dunno about that.

Devils hit on their top picks, and their first year back in the playoffs they’re gonna effin win the cup. I hope not. I hope it’s just how bad we were, but they shut us down hard and were frequently buzzing.
we did not rebuild for 10 years lol we started a rebuild and then got lucky with the lottery 2 years into the rebuild and plans changed. and then the plan failed.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Guys the Rangers lost to a really good fast team in 7 games that had 112 point season. It's not like to lost to scrubs. Changes need to be made for sure but I'm not sure if it has to be blown up.
I envy your optimism in general, but this is not a cup winning formula. Not many teams have one either. Blowing it up would be a perfectly fine option since it would be a miracle for this group to win the whole thing. We are slow across the board, to a man

Reactions: will1066

markymarc1215

Jan 8, 2023
Southwest Florida
This team is like all levels of government and corporations, mostly rotten from the top down, and the few good people either dont stick around or eventually become corrupt in the malaise. Until Sather and friends are out, like Machinehead said, the product wont change, even if the faces do.

Now we are right back to where we were at the end of the AV era. Except we have untradeable albatross contracts and no heart and soul players like Zucc to root for.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
this defense core absolutely sucks. my mite travel teams defense transitioned the puck up the ice better than they do. the skill forwards cant do a f***ing thing because by the time these idiots figure out what to do they're all covered. the better team won the series.
Our zone outs seriously need help. We're below fundamental level in this department. Every other team I've watched in this tournament moves the puck out and up ice consistently at high speed, crisp and quick 2 passes and they're gone

Jauffre

Registered Grandmaster
Oct 10, 2009
Cloud Ruler Temple
Guys the Rangers lost to a really good fast team in 7 games that had 112 point season. It's not like to lost to scrubs. Changes need to be made for sure but I'm not sure if it has to be blown up.
Up 2-0. Lost 4 out of the last 5 games. Shutout in a game 7.

We were absolutely hosed 5 on 5. If not for the best goalie in the world, this is a probably a 5 game series.

At least we can oust the coach and hopefully learn how to play even-strength hockey, and make adjustments in all situations.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I wish we didn’t blow them out in the first two games. Still win but closer games. Probably would’ve kept Vanecek in the net and while I don’t think Schmid was amazing, putting him in obviously gave them a boost.

Schmid was good obviously, don’t get me wrong, but him coming in gave them a boost. We barely tested him and stopped getting inside and creating really anything at all so we made it very easy on him.

Reactions: FultonReed

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It’s not fair for draft position, but Chytil was probably the biggest disappointment.
Chytil wasn't good since the first half. That's the consistency he and Kakko have demonstrated for awhile now. Chytil is the third longest-tenured Ranger. This is what they are.

Lafreniere is pretty f***ing consistent.

Reactions: Shadowtron

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Hank has such a hard time praising Shesty after Vally does.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Came in to say a couple things and then taking a break for a few weeks

It was a pleasure as always hanging with everyone here. Glad we could all go down with the ship together… again.

And…

What a waste of an an world elite goaltender. Again. Seems to be a theme with this franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad