Post-Game Talk: Devil VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
this defense core absolutely sucks. my mite travel teams defense transitioned the puck up the ice better than they do. the skill forwards cant do a f***ing thing because by the time these idiots figure out what to do they're all covered. the better team won the series.

RagFinMet

Jan 5, 2019
Replace pan, tara, kane with the 3 fastest guys they can get that play 200 ft
Replace trouba and Mikkola also with puck movers
Play more like the devils and canes
Help igor out!
Win 3-2, 2-1 most games next year

AlaBlueShirt

Mar 14, 2018
Take a hard look at Tkachuk, Bennett and Reinhart. We need those types of guys. Barkov is now a complementary component. Tkachuk is putting that team on his shoulder.

You can still keep Kreider and Zib around if a real alpha apex predator can be found.

Vally is now taking the curtain down. Just threw Panarin under the bus
Othmann? Seriously though I agree 100%.
I’d ship Panarin and Laf combined for Reaves at the moment.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
1682996340650.jpeg

bouds

Feb 9, 2009
Sathers Dolans comfort. Let’s be real, Sather has little to do with any of this, but Dolan brings his ass around because he feels comfortable with him, and Sathers not going to say no. At some point Dolan has to go outside the box, he tried to go with the familiar, the JDs, Sathers group, it’s time to go outside his comfort zone. Failure to do so will keep this franchise where it is.

Reactions: Slaydagnar

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Here it goes.

Hats off to the Devils. They deserve this one. Now for our business.

Chris Drury went out and spent assets to push the chips all in on a run this year. The players shit the bed in response.

You can fire Gallant tomorrow and it's not going to change a thing about the players this team has. You can argue the team is constructed poorly, but I can't blame the current GM for all of it. He inherited this mess from Gorton, JD, and friends.

Said it last week but I'll say it again. Panarin and Trouba are the first players to go because those aren't Drury's contracts. One will go this summer and the other will go next year. He won't be able to deal both in one summer.

Panarin put up points in the regular seasons but has been a catastrophic failure in the three playoff runs he participated in. He just wasn't good enough and just can't keep up with today's pace. Reminds me of Michael Nylander in a way. No idea where he goes. Maybe Florida in an "all in" move to win one in the next three years? Anaheim or San Jose to pair up with Bedard and try for a quick turn around? At least those teams have cap space. He's gone, IMO. Watch the hit pieces start tomorrow from Brooks.

Fox is a major concern for me if he hasn't been hurt since January. Looked totally hobbled out there tonight. He gets a pass from me if he was hurt. Ditto Zibanejad. Think he has a broken hand.

Lafreniere is a bust. Trade him and get what you can. See if you can hoodwink a team into a 2023 1st rounder.

Keep Kakko. He can be a player yet but you need the right linemates for him.

Chytil looked lost. Was great last year so gets a pass from me. Really streaky though.

Goodrow is gone. Thank you for your service.

As for out of the box moves I'd consider, I'd consider dealing Miller and Kreider if you can get an overpayment for any of them. Keep them unless you can get a 1st and a 2nd and a great prospect back for one of them. Lindgren is tough. I'd cash out and get a 2023 1st for him if the deal is out there. Detroit has a lot of picks and will be looking to make the playoffs. They have 5 picks in the top 50 this year. I'd raid Stevie Y for three of those picks. They could use both of those guys.

Drury needs to do something to change things up. Even if you change the coach, it's another 1st round exit and they're back in the dreaded middle if he brings the same core group of players back.

I make these moves before or at the draft:

Out:

Panarin
Lafreniere
Goodrow

In:
Top 6 Forward, middling prospect (Panarin at 25% retained)
2023 1st (Lafreniere)
2024 2nd or 2023 3rd and 4th (Goodrow)

I'd listen on Kreider, Lindgren, Miller, and even Shesterkin if there's an overpayment to be had.

This core of star players failed. Kakko is a disappointment for a 2nd overall but can still be useful. Lafreniere is the biggest bust since Patrick Stefan. A new coach isn't going to fix this. You need to go all in and eviscerate this core and bring in a new voice and tactical plan. All I ask is that the new coach and Drury are working in concert to bring in players that fit a god damn identity. FFS bring in some team speed and go from there.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Man we rebuilt, got lucky with grade a draft spots and got shitall for it, no young stars to speak of, vets are all aging, going to need to start over in 2-3 years hoping the young guys are core pieces, but I dunno about that.

Devils hit on their top picks, and their first year back in the playoffs they’re gonna effin win the cup. I hope not. I hope it’s just how bad we were, but they shut us down hard and were frequently buzzing.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
everyone saying Igor was great was he ? he got outplayed games 3 4 5 7 he was terrible
There’s enough to dislike about this team without going after the best player on the team who played out of his mind all series long. f*** off with that comment and be grateful we have such a talented goalie.

Reactions: Slaydagnar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad