Post-Game Talk: Devil VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graves97

Jan 16, 2014
Honestly stop coddling these f***ers. Take all the perks away. Make them think they are playing in f***ing Arizona or Calgary. Tired of these coddles pieces of shut looking functional everywhere else until they get here.

You always hear all thr payers saying how the rangers are the epitome of class in the nhl, well I’m done with that. Make these assholes work and scrape by like the rest of us NYers and stop making them think they are special for god knows what reason because they are playing on the rangers, an original 6 franchise. The Franchise has one cup since 1940. Honestly you need to try to be that bad.

I know I sound like a whiny bitch or even worse a Debbie or fish stick fan but I’m just livid with a goof buzz since this team pushes me to drink too much

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
He can f*** off if he wants out, tbh. If he played better in the regular season, we, hypothetically, could have played the islanders in the first round.
It’s not his fault man. There’s no way he was repeating his numbers from the previous season. The bottom line is Igor was there when we needed him this series, can you say that about most of this team?

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Just noticed that there is a fire Gallant thread.... so I guess I will be posting it there as well, eventually. Okay here it goes......... As far as I'm concerned the difference here was coaching. If you cannot get this team to play balls out in game 7...,.with this amount of talent, then that has to be a coaching disconnect with the players. Fire Gallant.

Somehow some way, they need to get rid of Panerin and if they can't get rid of him. .then get rid of Trouba....., no matter how Trouba stands out for this team his salary is way too much for his lack of talent.
I'm so very pissed, I am so very disappointed in my team. I expected a lot more of an effort than what they gave tonight. This is totally disheartening. So at this point, just do what you have to do, mister GM Drury. Otherwise it's your head, and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if you're the first to go.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
This is really a tough one. Not sure how to react except this will go down as the biggest blown opportunity in recent franchise history. The only thing that keeps me somewhat optimistic is the lineup will basically be the same next year and I still believe this group is talented. Shocked at how soft these guys looked.

It's the same old story, though. Great team on paper, but we got guys who were acquired just a bit too late and couldn't deliver in the playoffs.

Skill is great, but it struggles in the playoffs.

Kakko had a few shifts where he was terrorizing guys along the boards. He's one of the few we have who can do that.

It's not really sustainable, but I always think back to that 2011-2012 team. They were missing that top-end talent, but everyone knew their role and they knew Torts would have their ass if they had anything left in the tank at the end of the game.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
I wouldn’t trade a lot of the guys people mention. I think a lot of our roster can improve with a better head coach who values Xs and Os and with a real system that works with our personnel. I don’t want Panarin here anymore though. he isn’t built for playoff hockey.

Reactions: skipmowerman

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Take a hard look at Tkachuk, Bennett and Reinhart. We need those types of guys. Barkov is now a complementary component. Tkachuk is putting that team on his shoulder.

You can still keep Kreider and Zib around if a real alpha apex predator can be found.

Vally is now taking the curtain down. Just threw Panarin under the bus

Maliks PlusMinus

May 28, 2015
Glasgow, Scotland
We have been making the same complaint since AV about the players lacking heart etc etc. Is it that?

I stand by what I said last year, we're just not all that good.

A great goalie, a quite good D and a quite good offense.
If both Kakko and Laf were superstars we would have a much better shot, but they're not (and i'm not blaming them), prospects don't always work out the way you want which is why I didn't like the whole tanking idea.

How we get better from here, I'm unsure. I feel like we're sort of stuck at this kind of level for now.

I will formulate a plan over the next 5 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad