Post-Game Talk: Devil VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
This is really a tough one. Not sure how to react except this will go down as the biggest blown opportunity in recent franchise history. The only thing that keeps me somewhat optimistic is the lineup will basically be the same next year and I still believe this group is talented. Shocked at how soft these guys looked.

Reactions: 2ndGenIslander

bouds

Feb 9, 2009
5v5 felt like 5v7 all year, no space, most nights felt like we were being smothered.

Speed is a really big issue, we don’t back teams up. handful of players that have creativity, but we don’t have enough guys wilIing to dig pucks out, win board battles. Like everyone of us yells they need to dump and chase when faced with 4 deep, well who is going to chase. No one wins board battles. Gone are the days when the Hagelins and Callahans would win some of those battles.

theres just been too many issues with scouting and development, too many to not make further changes in front office. Start there first. Switching coaches wont swing things.

Reactions: PalmCoastRanger

Rangerboy030

Apr 21, 2012
Since Sather joined the organization 23 years ago, this team has been legitimately good at playing real (mostly 5v5) hockey three times - 2008, 2014, and 2015. The other 20 years have ranged from bad to "this literally isn't hockey."
Dolan is a f***ing dope for keeping this incompetent dinosaur around.

I remember saying years ago that we'll never win a cup with Stinker around. Gets more true with each year.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Mercenary team + Draft Busts = 29th summer without a cup. It’s simple. Better team won for sure. But this team wasn’t designed to win.

And we’re here punching walls and fighting with each other, and those assholes will go home and sleep like babies.

I honestly don’t know why I continue to support this team.
I'm doing neither.

I punched out all the walls over the last 15 years especially.
Time to demote/move Panarin, fire Gallant and bring in Q. Give the kids bigger roles.
That's the beauty of an NMC. We can't touch Panarin.

Reactions: Shadowtron

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
We all hated Panarin's post season in 2022..... There was only one way to go.... up... nope...

In 2023, he said, 'Hold my Bud Light.'

417453.jpg

Reactions: duhmetreE

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
He can f*** off if he wants out, tbh. If he played better in the regular season, we, hypothetically, could have played the islanders in the first round.
It’s not his fault man. There’s no way he was repeating his numbers from the previous season. The bottom line is Igor was there when we needed him this series, can you say that about most of this team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad