Post-Game Talk: Devil VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Losing to a good team isn’t the issue for me. Looking like absolute trash in multiple games is what kills me. Game 7 and the turnovers were just insane. So many blind passes to nobody. Blame Sather or Gallant or whoever makes you feel better about it but those guys aren’t on the ice passing to the other team in the biggest moments of the season.
Outside of Shesty, all our best players crapped the bed. That is very concerning.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
What do we do?

Devils will be better next year.

We have zero flexibility.

Will Chris be sending a letter?
Yes. Kreider already working on the draft in MS Word 2016 edition with the first-gen virtual assistant.

It looks like you're writing an apology. Would you like me to suggest a template?

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Better team won.
The lack of apparent and fight from the opening puck-drop was pretty alarming for a game 7. And when our PP failed repeatedly you could see that they had no answers.

Igor was very good. the 4th line appeared to battle, Trocheck appeared to give a shit, but that was about it.
Collectively the senior players had a nightmare game, and really a nightmare series outside of the PP.
Panarin with doughnuts in 6 games for his cost and skill set is just inexcusable.
Kane was really a non-factor and that trade still seems weird after the Tank/Mikkola one (which I liked as a trade).
Did the kids play every game? KK can be a player if he can find some foot-speed, Chytil will continue to be a useful tweener who leaves you wanting more, Laf I'm not sure has the mindset of IQ to become a solid NHLer - he spends most of his time on the ice looking about as clueless as I would.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Even with the Devils being the better team, you were up 2-0 coming home. You can't lose that series. Gallant needs to be fired this week.

With all the contracts and clauses and no cap increases really, idk where Drury goes from here. This is the core and unless something chances stylistically we're not contending any time soon. What a blown opportunity. Last year up 2-0 and lose in the ECF and now this year up 2-0 and lose in round 1. Something needs to change.

Shutout by a rookie in Game 7, multiple games where you barely even tested him. And Igor is under siege every game. Just pathetic.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
L7RtR02.jpg

MillerTime79

Jun 28, 2007
Can we get rid of Panarin? Does he have a NTC? Did it kick in? Immediately need to clear him off the books.

Kane can rehab his hip somewhere else.

Laff can play for the Wolfpack I guess?

Miller 2x1.5M to show the last half of the season wasn’t really who he is?

Vlad can stay if he takes a discount. Probably not so he’s gone.

Trouba needs to go but that’s probably impossible.

Don’t have a lot of options to rebuild this team. At least Gallant is gone?

Shadowtron

Feb 27, 2002
Earth
Mercenary team + Draft Busts = 29th summer without a cup. It’s simple. Better team won for sure. But this team wasn’t designed to win.

And we’re here punching walls and fighting with each other, and those assholes will go home and sleep like babies.

I honestly don’t know why I continue to support this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad