Post-Game Talk: Devil VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
here’s the list of things that need to happen this off-season

Fire Gallant and pay whatever money necessary to get Sullivan. Need a real coach not AV 2.0

Drury is locked into this core but they need to make changes. I’d be moving Goodrow and Lindgren. They need to change the mix on the backend, Fox being the only guy who can make a pass killed them. And you can pay 2 Goodrows for the price of just him

And finally f*** Chris Drury for killing the chemistry and momentum this team had for a cooked, one hip Patrick Kane. Get that human garbage can off my team and out of my sight

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Panarin plays fun hockey. Coast around, lob sauce everywhere. Don’t hit. Don’t block shots. 90 seconds on the powerplay. Back-check maybe. So when you as coach let him play that way without repercussion, don’t be surprised when the rest of the team starts playing that way too.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
update your .jpg folder kids, it's what the cool kids do.
7k7dee.jpg

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
We can hate Panarin and also admit that the kids are 4th liners. They can both be true.

The Kids are 4th liners because that’s what’s been asked of them. Panarin has blocked them from bigger roles because of his refusal to play with them. Gallant needs to go as well obviously. I mean you blame Sather for all the organizational ills, he hasn’t even been involved in the team in years. Drury is going nowhere.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I'd trade Laf just out of spite. Sick of looking at this old looking goofy f***.
Montreal may be willing to part with their Florida first if Florida gets to the ECF.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
It's the insipid not giving a flying f thingy during 3 games, including game 7, that's unacceptable.
Yeah but I don't think it's that though or at least not all of the problems. The Devils are good and made adjustments, especially on the PK. Once the Rangers couldn't score on the PP they were in trouble. They were never going to win the 5 on 5 battle. The Devils speed is too hard to handle for a team that is not nearly as fast. They just weren't good enough. They need to get faster in the off season.

Reactions: UnparalledPark

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Panarin plays fun hockey. Coast around, lob sauce everywhere. Don’t hit. Don’t block shots. 90 seconds on the powerplay. Back-check maybe. So when you as coach let him play that way without repercussion, don’t be surprised when the rest of the team starts doing that too.

Bingo. Give me a hardass coach and Panarin demotion. Hope Drury rips him on the record this time

Reactions: skipmowerman

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
Chytil wasn't good since the first half. That's the consistency he and Kakko have demonstrated for awhile now. Chytil is the third longest-tenured Ranger. This is what they are.

Lafreniere is pretty f***ing consistent.
This age for Chytil is roughly when Ottawa traded Zibanejad to the Rangers. Kakko and Laf are younger. Say what you want about their inconsistent play thus far, because it's true, but "this is what they are" is just a guess. Consistency is usually the last and most difficult piece of the puzzle.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Did he? Showed some good strength on the puck, but we knew he could do that. I continued to see a guy with no scoring instinct. Indecisive with the puck. No ability to generate dangerous chances regardless of all the guys he bumps off the puck.
Yea nothing comes of it but not sure it’s lack of instinct versus not enough tools. He’s strong, but not strong enough to power to the danger zones. Along the boards work only get you so much. He’s shifty, but not enough to get by the second guy.

There are times you can tell he sees an opening to take it to the net but get closed down each time. I think another solid off season, improving his first step and strength and he can become something.

Reactions: FUZfan

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
The Kids are 4th liners because that’s what’s been asked of them. Panarin has blocked them from bigger roles because of his refusal to play with them. Gallant needs to go as well obviously. I mean you blame Sather for all the organizational ills, he hasn’t even been involved in the team in years. Drury is going nowhere.
That needs to change but unfortunately if Panarin doesn't go it won't happen.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Yeah keep believing Sather has no involvement just like you believe Marcel Hossa and Spongebob will suddenly turn it around when they fart all over the ice for 17 minutes instead of 14.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
This team needs a breakout, transition and zone entry overhaul. The complete inability to consistently break out and efficiently and quickly support the puck up the ice through transition is the death of this team.

Im not convinced the personnel on D is the problem either, I think this exact group could play a faster game. When AV came in he had Torts’ same D corps playing fast when under Torts it was always glass and out. Maybe the Mikkola slot can be filed by a better puck mover but it needs to by a strategic change.

AlaBlueShirt

Mar 14, 2018
Panarin plays fun hockey. Coast around, lob sauce everywhere. Don’t hit. Don’t block shots. 90 seconds on the powerplay. Back-check maybe. So when you as coach let him play that way without repercussion, don’t be surprised when the rest of the team starts playing that way too.
He used to. The champagne tastes better when you don’t have bruises on your body.

Reactions: Synergy27

bouds

Feb 9, 2009

Watch this video and then take into account how this team played.

In hindsight, those teams really overachieved. They had a good group with Vigneault off that cores back, was fun to watch them grow, but you always felt they were under manned outside of 2015.

Compare that build to this one, where it almost feels like this one is over because of how many young players they whiffed on.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
All over but the crying. Please say goodbye to Panarin.

The worst part of this loss is this team has no path to improve moving forward. And the kids still kinda suck.
They do. Have some faith. It won't happen in one summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad