Post-Game Talk: Devil VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
That should include Kreider. Elimination games heroics aside, there is a point where we have to ask, why do his teams consistently find themselves on the brink of elimination. Is Drury brave or creative enough to pull such a move.

Yes, Mr. MH sir, I'll sign my name on the list.
You can't volunteer for the list.

For that, you just made the list!

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Gallant begging Drury for roster changes in this press conference. Wow.
I don’t care for him but he’s not wrong

Kane trade was boneheaded. Kane shot himself up for horse tranquilizer for a week to get Drury’s attention and we fell for it

Trade for guys that filled a need, not a name to sell god damn jerseys

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Panarin and Trouba need to go. They eat up nearly a quarter of our cap.

This team is cursed. We get two historic draft lottery wins, and come away with worse players than we would have had if we just kept our original picks. It’s not “the reason” we lost, but can we finally admit to ourselves as a fanbase that Laf and Kakko are busts? Doesn’t mean they can’t become useful players, but I’m so tired of pretending a breakout is imminent.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Sounds like there's a fundamental rift between Gallant and the players. Presumably one that's been going on for a while.
Always ends badly for the coach, but when the players are "rebelling" in the PLAYOFFS, I'm inclined to ask questions of them.

Reactions: FireGerardGallant

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Its been a pleasure chatting with you all for another season.I have faith Drury will be working extra hard to fix this team and its problems.He's seen everything we saw,now its his time to get to work.We have pieces to make things happen

Reactions: Leonardo87

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Yeah, it's all just Panairn.

Trade him and Lafreniere and Kakko will lead us to the Cup.

Idk what to tell you guy. 0 goals in the playoffs. 11.6 million. You want to trade one of Kakko or Laf I’m all ears in the right deal. Include Miller in that group. But as long as we’re getting a donut from Panarin in the playoffs it doesnt matter

kinger8998

Apr 5, 2015
Nova Scotia
I did not have Kane and Tarasenko being out 2nd and 3rd best point producers and us still losing on my bingo card. If you told me before playoffs, with no other hints, that Kane and tarasenko were our 2nd and 3rd best forwards, I would think we went on a deep, deep run.

Ultimately, Mika of Games 1-5, Panarin, Trocheck, and the entire efforts in Games 5 & 7 lost this series for us.

Its hard to know where to go from here with all the NMC's, but one storyline I find ridiculous is that this falls squarely on Gallant. 5 of his top 6 forwards combined for 6 goals in 7 games. Take away Tarasenko's 3 and 4 of his top 6 forwrds combined for 3 goals. Take away Kane because he had points, and its Mika, Bread and Trocheck (top 2 paid centres and top paid winger all with NMC's) combined for 2 goals through the entire series.

No matter what Gallant "adjusted", you aren't winning when those statistics hold true.

Reactions: FUZfan

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
So I'm curious.. are we gunning for another pointless run or do we commit to a rebuild?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad