Confirmed Signing with Link: [DET] D Justin Holl signs with the Red Wings (3 years, $3.4M AAV)

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
Yzerman once again proving it was all Julien Brisebois's work in Tampa. Probably left out of shame.

Big Ed

~
Feb 5, 2011
It's at least split in some type of way.

Yzerman - 0 cups as active GM.

If Detroit has 0 cups in the next 10 years and Yzerman is gone, will you admit to being wrong?

Others are losing faith in your guy.

I feel you're under the impression I hate your team or Yzerman. I haven't liked some of his decisions. That includes his time on both Detroit and TBL.

2023 Draft. ASP was a good pick. Danielson, didn't like it as much. He didn't have the worst draft at all in my opinion. That goes to Toronto. There, I criticized a different GM and team.
Dude, you have 1529 posts and half of them are in this thread alone, we get it.

Seider and Donuts

Jul 1, 2023
It's at least split in some type of way.

Yzerman - 0 cups as active GM.

If Detroit has 0 cups in the next 10 years and Yzerman is gone, will you admit to being wrong?

Others are losing faith in your guy.

I feel you're under the impression I hate your team or Yzerman. I haven't liked some of his decisions. That includes his time on both Detroit and TBL.

2023 Draft. ASP was a good pick. Danielson, didn't like it as much. He didn't have the worst draft at all in my opinion. That goes to Toronto. There, I criticized a different GM and team.
Again, Yzerman ran the ball all the way down the field, but Briesbois deserves the real credit for taking it across the goal line.

We're going in circles my guy. I also really couldn't give a shit if others are losing faith considering half the fan base is hell bent on us trading for EK65 or paying a premium for Debrincat.

Reactions: Realgud and TKB

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Man this signing ruined my day and makes me want to donate my fandom to Arizona for a year.

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago
Why did they get swept by CBJ? Let me guess, that's not on Yzerman at all?

Yzerman's TBL teams made it to game 7 of the conference finals losing to the eventual cup winner 3 times.

Another year they lost game 6 of the SC final.

They won back to back SCs a year after he is gone,being lead by his second hire when he got to TB in the first place.

If you can't acknolwedge that as a 95th percentile gm run, then by all means keep on celebrating the Blue Jackets first round win.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Red Line

spfan

May 4, 2009
Dude, you have 1529 posts and half of them are in this thread alone, we get it.

Again, Yzerman ran the ball all the way down the field, but Briesbois deserves the real credit for taking it across the goal line.

We're going in circles my guy. I also really couldn't give a shit if others are losing faith considering half the fan base is hell bent on us trading for EK65 or paying a premium for Debrincat.
We'll see if he ever turns Detroit around. I predict 0 cups for Detroit with Yzerman as GM.
They could certainly win the cup again, but I think it'll be some time after Yzerman gets fired/leaves the job.

Yzerman's TBL teams made it to game 7 of the conference finals losing to the eventual cup winner 3 tiimes.

Another year they lost game 6 of the SC final.

They won back to back SCs a year after he is gone,being lead by his second hire when he got to TB in the first place.

If you can't acknolwedge that as a 95th percentile gm run, then by all means keep on celebrating the Blue Jackets first round win.
I'm not celebrating it. Some of you are under the imrpession I hate Detroit/Yzerman/TBL.
I actually dislike CBJ more than all of them lol.

Yzerman - 0 cups as active GM. Just a fact.

Seider and Donuts

Jul 1, 2023
We'll see if he ever turns Detroit around. I predict 0 cups for Detroit with Yzerman as GM.
They could certainly win the cup again, but I think it'll be some time after Yzerman gets fired/leaves the job.

I'm not celebrating it. Some of you are under the imrpession I hate Detroit/Yzerman/TBL.

Yes, you've made your prediction of 0 Cups for several posts now.

But given that you also think Cossa's development is going poorly, that Kasper was a bad pick, that Zadina was an Yzerman pick, and that having a second solid goalie in your pipeline is senseless, I really don't put much stock in your prediction. :laugh:

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010

How many cups do you predict for the pens in the next ten years with Dubas as your guy?

If you want to argue Yzerman is a bad GM you should have just stuck with the thread topic of Holl, but basically every terrible point you've tried to make is why you are getting destroyed in here.

spfan

May 4, 2009
Yes, you've made your prediction of 0 Cups for several posts now.

But given that you also think Cossa's development is going poorly, that Kasper was a bad pick, that Zadina was an Yzerman pick, and that having a second solid goalie in your pipeline is senseless, I really don't put much stock in your prediction. :laugh:
I was off on the timeline on Zadina.

Kasper wasn't a plain "bad pick". But a bit of a reach for me. Will be a pretty good player, but I don't see a star. When there was star potential players available.

You seem to think Cossa>>>Wallstedt

Well let's see in 10 years. If Detroit doesn't have a cup in that span with Yzerman as active GM or if he's out of the job even sooner, then I hope you'll admit to being wrong and don't make excuses.

Seider and Donuts

Jul 1, 2023
I was off on the timeline on Zadina.

Kasper wasn't a plain "bad pick". But a bit of a reach for me. Will be a pretty good player, but I don't see a star. When there was star potential players available.

You seem to think Cossa>>>Wallstedt

Well let's see in 10 years. If Detroit doesn't have a cup in that span with Yzerman as active GM or if he's out of the job even sooner, then I hope you'll admit to being wrong and don't make excuses.
Kasper was pretty universally ranked Top 10 leading into the draft, with many believing he was Ottawa's target at #7 and Pronman claiming NJD had thrown around the idea of picking him at #2.

Also, I don't give a shit about Wallstedt, so no, I didn't say that.

spfan

May 4, 2009
How many cups do you predict for the pens in the next ten years with Dubas as your guy?

If you want to argue Yzerman is a bad GM you should have just stuck with the thread topic of Holl, but basically every terrible point you've tried to make is why you are getting destroyed in here.
It's not about Yzerman vs Dubas or Pens vs Detroit. I have no hate specifically towards Yzerman/Detroit or TBL. I hope any of them win a cup before Leafs or Caps in these next 10 years.

A few biased fans didn't destroy me.

Some of your fellow fans are losing faith in Yzerman too.

spfan

May 4, 2009
Kasper was pretty universally ranked Top 10 leading into the draft, with many believing he was Ottawa's target at #7 and Pronman claiming NJD had thrown around the idea of picking him at #2.

Also, I don't give a shit about Wallstedt, so no, I didn't say that.
You laughed at me saying Wallstedt>>Cossa.

Some of them did. But I'm not going on consensus. I'm going on my own opinions. He's a solid middle six forward. I think he'll have a solid career. Just not an all star career. And if NJ took Kasper at 2, then I'd be bashing them for that.

5 teams also passed on Michkov. I think they all shouldn't have.

Seider and Donuts

Jul 1, 2023

Some of them did. But I'm not going on consensus. I'm going on my own opinions. He's a solid middle six forward. I think he'll have a solid career. Just not an all star career. And if NJ took Kasper at 2, then I'd be bashing them for that.

No. I laughed at you saying Cossa's development wasn't going well and that Detroit having the audacity to pick another goalie was evidence of that. Try again.

spfan

May 4, 2009
No. I laughed at you saying Cossa's development wasn't going well and that Detroit having the audacity to pick another goalie was evidence of that. Try again.
I initially said I liked Wallstedt more and that his development was going better.

Like I said, we'll see in 10 years or however long Yzerman's GM tenure lasts in Detroit. If he brings you 0 cups, then don't make excuses and admit to being wrong.

Seider and Donuts

Jul 1, 2023
I initially said I liked Wallstedt more and that his development was going better.

Like I said, we'll see in 10 years or however long Yzerman's GM tenure lasts in Detroit. If he brings you 0 cups, then don't make excuses and admit to being wrong.
Your initial comment on Cossa:
And like I said you do need time to see what they become, but Cossa's not developing great.
No mention of Wallstedt.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I'm reading conflicting reports (takes) on this guy. Some say he is decent if he plays within his roll and he had a bad playoffs. Sounds like he was the scapegoat?

You have to realize TML drafted him and he's been a Leaf since being drafted in 2010. What's the chances of him proving Yzerman a genius when he gets to play for a better club that can pair him with a better partner?

• Haha
Reactions: spfan

spfan

May 4, 2009
Glad we could establish that you lied twice on this page alone.
No I checked. You said "comical" to "Wallstedt>Cossa".
You're being nitpicky on odd things.

Stick to this...Yzerman wins 0 cups in Detroit's tenure as GM. That's my bet. Now are you actually willing to take the bet and own up to it if you lose, that's the big question.

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago

This is yet another example of your ignorance on Detroit's rebuild.

I am agnostic on Cossa vs Wallstedt, but even "Team Cossa" has acknowedged from the get go that as of draft day and even through the last year that Wallsted was ahead of Cossa in development.

The issuse are twofold: 1) The belief that Cossa has a higher ceiling,again personally I have no idea, and 2) WIll Cossa actually hit that ceiling. That debate won't be sorted out for 3 years minimum and likely longer than that.

Nobody thinks Yzerman is perfect or above criticism, but it does get funny watching people repeatedly come around to tell us how Yyzerman is overated and the Yzerplan is failing, when they demonstrate absolutely zero knoweldge of his philosophy, record, and the situation in Detroit.

Seider and Donuts

Jul 1, 2023
No I checked. You said "comical" to "Wallstedt>Cossa".
You're being nitpicky on odd things.

It's post #180 for anybody who would like to verify who's lying here.

I said "Comical" to your Wallstedt >> Cossa comment because you made it literally minutes after saying something to the effect of "You have to give these guys time to develop". I quoted both posts sequentially for that reason.

Take the L and move on.

spfan

May 4, 2009
This is yet another example of your ignorance on Detroit's rebuild.

I am agnostic on Cossa vs Wallstedt, but even "Team Cossa" has acknowedged from the get go that as of draft day and even through the last year that Wallsted was ahead of Cossa in development.

The issuse are twofold: 1) The belief that Cossa has a higher ceiling,again personally I have no idea, and 2) WIll Cossa actually hit that ceiling. That debate won't be sorted out for 3 years minimum and likely longer than that.

Nobody thinks Yzerman is perfect or above criticism, but it does get funny watching people repeatedly come around to tell us how Yyzerman is overated and the Yzerplan is failing, when they demonstrate absolutely zero knoweldge of his philosophy, record, and the situation in Detroit.
I always liked Wallstedt more.

My perception is he gets so much credit for the Seider pick, yet when he failed on picks, those are ignored.

He has 0 cups as active GM. And I think it'll stay that way. Could change, not saying it's impossible. I just don't see it happening. Probably more likely if he gets a GM job again, but for a new team. I'm not big on most of what he's done with Detroit. Again, that doesn't mean I disagreed with everything he's done. I'm 100% with him on the ASP pick at 17th.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad