Dennis "The Everbeast" Everberg

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
He's been one of the few bright spots this season. I'm not sold on him being an nhler but he's showing promise. Way more than the Lindstrom's or Ledins of the world anyway.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Who says we have better players than cliche? Much worse players have looked solid for a lot longer than the 5 games Everbeast has under his belt. Now I tend to agree that cliche is mediocre and EB will be able to give us more moving forwards, but we don't know that yet and so no one should be surprised that the coach is sticking with the man he knows and trusts rather than the question mark. EB had a good start, let him go back down with that confidence until a spot opens up for him again. It won't take too long and once he has closer to 20 games under his belt we'll have a better idea of what he can really bring.

You stick with the guy who has done nothing but impress and show a ton more versatility and potential. And It's not like he is making stupid rookie mistakes. If said player starts to regress and show that he is a rookie who can't be trusted or his talent/skill level starts to fade and shows that the start was just beginners luck then send him down. Until then, let him keep proving himself.

And cliche is much less than mediocre. He is mediocre on the PK, pretty bad in any other situation. We have plenty of guys who can play those mediocre PK minutes Cliche gives us.

For us to question, sure. But I prefer I stay within the realm of what realistically could happen.

I would like to think that an inexperienced guy who has really impressed, hasn't shown any real weaknesses and hasn't even looked like someone who is inexperienced has a realistic chance to play over a guy who has proven to not be able to do much. The thought of Everberg being sent down simple because of his lack of experience/seniority is just ridiculously stubborn.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Cliche played on the monarchs third line. He is not talented. Once he gets away from the avs he's going to head back to being a 35 point ahl third liner.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
So whoever found this guy really deserves a raise or a bigger territory to scout because these are the types of guys that Cup winning teams pickup on the cheap.

To me, the most impressive part of his game, is how intelligent and calm he is with the puck. I'm sick of watching our forwards just try to chip the puck out. Everberg gets the puck in the defensive zone and shows patience with it, looking for the center or a defenseman coming up the middle of the ice, rather than giving it away along the boards. It led to a goal last game, and some more chances tonight.

I remember a fantastic play he made in the 3rd tonight as well. Mitchell chipped it into the corner, Everberg beat the defenseman to the puck, and immediately banked it backwards off the boards to Talbot, who almost hit Mitchell in front for a goal. These are the type of smart, simple plays we need more of. The coaching in Sweden must be top notch because they really develop a lot of smart players.

I was so glad to hear Roy this morning say that if Everberg keeps this up, they'll make room for him. I don't see how you can take him out of the lineup with the way he's playing, and he's even shown some PK ability too. Interested to see what he can do with more muscle as well.

Great find, so far.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
I asked swe amateur scout Anton Edlund if Everberg was his guy, he told me it was Anders Carlssons suggestion. I dont know if Anders works as a part time scout now or if he isnt around at all. But he is the GM of Rögle where Everberg played last year. Everberg had already left Rögle this off-season to sign for Luleå in the SHL, so Anders had nothing to lose by recommending him to the Avs.

Edit:
Talbot at 1.75M
McLeod at 1.33M
Bordy at 1.0M
Cliche at 700k.

I really wonder how much better bang for buck you can find in Europe. Everberg came from the 2nd division in Sweden. Just like Raffl did for the Flyers last season. Flyers made another great european find from the swedish league this season in Bellemare too.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
We've really got to scout Europe better. Pickups like this for the bottom 6 are invaluable. Also important for getting value in the later rounds of the draft.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
He's the ideal bottom-6 support player for a cup-contending team. Plays the game simple, works hard, doesn't hurt you defensively and forechecks effectively. Plus he's on a great, cheap contract.

We need about 3 more guys like him in our bottom-6 for it to be considered "contender-worthy".

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Seeing the Blues grab Lehtera out of Finland and the Bruins grab Soderberg just further highlights how important it is to look to Europe to find value.

I haven't been watching Erie but it would be nice if Rendulic can adapt the NA game as well. So far stats wise looks like its been a slow start.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Yep, that's what was annoying with Pracey, he wouldn't touch Europe. Hopefully Roy and Sakic changed that.

That was in amateur scouting though right? I agree they should have looked MORE towards Europe in that too but if you have solid pro scouting you can find almost an entire line in the bottom six for great value every year in Europe.

I like Simon Önerud who plays for Modo. Daniel Brodin is another guy (Leafs doesn't hold his rights anymore)

Edit: Jakob Lilja, another guy in the hands of Anders Carlsson, is an interesting player too.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
So whoever found this guy really deserves a raise or a bigger territory to scout because these are the types of guys that Cup winning teams pickup on the cheap.

To me, the most impressive part of his game, is how intelligent and calm he is with the puck. I'm sick of watching our forwards just try to chip the puck out. Everberg gets the puck in the defensive zone and shows patience with it, looking for the center or a defenseman coming up the middle of the ice, rather than giving it away along the boards. It led to a goal last game, and some more chances tonight.

I remember a fantastic play he made in the 3rd tonight as well. Mitchell chipped it into the corner, Everberg beat the defenseman to the puck, and immediately banked it backwards off the boards to Talbot, who almost hit Mitchell in front for a goal. These are the type of smart, simple plays we need more of. The coaching in Sweden must be top notch because they really develop a lot of smart players.

I was so glad to hear Roy this morning say that if Everberg keeps this up, they'll make room for him. I don't see how you can take him out of the lineup with the way he's playing, and he's even shown some PK ability too. Interested to see what he can do with more muscle as well.

Great find, so far.

Well said. Will only add emphasis to what a pleasant discovery it's been to see not only his calm on the puck but how surprisingly sneaky he can be with his passes. There were a couple passes he made that it took me a moment to actually believe he had the ingenuity to try.

More muscle and some fancier skating coaching so that that bulk makes him more powerful in his stride and not more cumbersome on his feet. Do that and Malkin-Everberg on the third pairing can be one of those great partnerships that we should be shaping our lines around, like ROR-Dutchy and Landy-MacK.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Seeing the Blues grab Lehtera out of Finland and the Bruins grab Soderberg just further highlights how important it is to look to Europe to find value.

I haven't been watching Erie but it would be nice if Rendulic can adapt the NA game as well. So far stats wise looks like its been a slow start.

Russia. He was playing in KHL and I think they owned his rights.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

He's a bit snakebit, shooting at 5%. He's getting scoring chances and is playing more physical. Still gets a little fancy but knows how to shoot the puck. I still think he's on the short list for forward callups, especially a skill forward callup.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Great find, so far.

This worries me to an extent. He's been playing fantastic IMO, but once Winchester is healthy I don't think Roy will want to risk losing "his guys", and don't think he'd want to put Cliche on waivers. He likes the 8 defenseman up so Wilson wouldn't get put on waivers, and the only realistic option is Everberg to send down. I hope I'm wrong, but I just have this feeling Roy will send him down in order to not lose anyone to waivers (Not like anyone would want Cliche anyways)

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
This worries me to an extent. He's been playing fantastic IMO, but once Winchester is healthy I don't think Roy will want to risk losing "his guys", and don't think he'd want to put Cliche on waivers. He likes the 8 defenseman up so Wilson wouldn't get put on waivers, and the only realistic option is Everberg to send down. I hope I'm wrong, but I just have this feeling Roy will send him down in order to not lose anyone to waivers (Not like anyone would want Cliche anyways)

Roy saying he'll make room if the kid keeps it up makes you worry there won't be room?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Great find, so far.

To add to this, another thing he does really well is he manage the puck. He doesn't just throw it around and risk turnovers, he has that very European sense of making decisions that allow you the best chance at maintaining possession of the puck. Even if they're not the pretty plays, which is perfect for a guy in his role, and something that balances Mitchell's approach which is the exact opposite sometimes.

He may not have the most explosive first couple steps out of his zone in transition with the puck, but if he doesn't have a clear passing option, he's not afraid to just eat the puck up against the boards and take a hit. Too many times guys on this team force passes around their own blueline and they're not clean enough to receive, but Everberg will look to make the safe play instead and usually win that battle along the boards afterwards and chip the puck out.

He just makes the simple plays, and wins a lot of his battles to the point where he's the kind of guy that really endears himself to a coach, because his decisions lead to more time with the puck, and less time in dangerous situations after turnovers. I'm glad Roy said he thought he'd keep him up if he keeps playing like he's been. It would make even less sense to send him down now than the first time.

BTW Mars, he's gonna be the guy in a healthy lineup that eventually pushes McLeod out, especially in the playoffs if they make it. He's already been given some PK time and hasn't looked out of place. Unless there's injuries, eventually the 4th line will be Everberg-Winchester-Talbot. So that should set your mind at ease. ;)

Last edited:

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto

Nobody will claim Guenin or Wilson. They are dead-weight.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Don't know why people think Roy won't let Everberg stay up. He's obviously cemented himself on the 3rd line. He's the one player that he hasn't moved around during all these line up changes. People thought that Briere would never lose his spot because of his contract and he's eating nachos right now. I just hope Redmond can really cement his spot in these two weeks. As long as he doesn't show any regression I'm sure he'll stay in.

Also I think Roy will bring up Noreau or Elliott before Siemens if he doesn't want to go on a road trip with 6 defenders.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Yeah pretty much Everberg took Briere's spot. He's not suited for the 4th line and though I think Everberg could play there he's showing that he can handle the third line. I don't know that there will ever be enough healthy bodies to truly force a decision. But if so, that will be interesting.

Wonder how close Wilson is and the Monsters only play on Friday this weekend so that might factor into the decision to wait until the game is over and see. Calling someone up just to sit around doesn't make financial sense. They don't have any back to backs on the trip so if they need someone they can get them from Cleveland quickly.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Don't know why people think Roy won't let Everberg stay up. He's obviously cemented himself on the 3rd line. He's the one player that he hasn't moved around during all these line up changes. People thought that Briere would never lose his spot because of his contract and he's eating nachos right now. I just hope Redmond can really cement his spot in these two weeks. As long as he doesn't show any regression I'm sure he'll stay in.

Also I think Roy will bring up Noreau or Elliott before Siemens if he doesn't want to go on a road trip with 6 defenders.

Tanger-Mitchell-Everberg is actually working. No way Roy can send him down.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I asked swe amateur scout Anton Edlund if Everberg was his guy, he told me it was Anders Carlssons suggestion. I dont know if Anders works as a part time scout now or if he isnt around at all. But he is the GM of Rögle where Everberg played last year. Everberg had already left Rögle this off-season to sign for Luleå in the SHL, so Anders had nothing to lose by recommending him to the Avs.

From what I understand Carlsson is still an Avs scout, it just isn't his primary job. I saw an article on it somewhere when he took the Rogle job.

Roy said on his weekly radio show that if Everberg keeps up his play they will make room for him. I don't see Everberg letting up on his effort or physicality... so he will stay up now. I'd guess there will be a trade involving one of the forwards before Bordy gets back.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
From what I understand Carlsson is still an Avs scout, it just isn't his primary job. I saw an article on it somewhere when he took the Rogle job.

Roy said on his weekly radio show that if Everberg keeps up his play they will make room for him. I don't see Everberg letting up on his effort or physicality... so he will stay up now. I'd guess there will be a trade involving one of the forwards before Bordy gets back.

Will be interesting to see who is moved out, especially since we will have 2 extra players on the roster when everyone is healthy. I dont want to see the top9 messed with, and anyone lower either has no value (Briere, Cliche) or provides a leadership role (Talbot, McLeod).

Im guessing we just see Cliche (maybe Briere if he is in the doghouse and not just too old) and Wilson waived.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad