Dennis "The Everbeast" Everberg

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Everberg is just a great bottom 6er. I love him on the forecheck and in front of the net.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I love that he's so calm and smart with and without the puck. Most of our bottom 6 guys don't lack effort, they just lack smarts. They get the puck and want to get rid of it as quickly as possible. Everberg takes the time to make a play, and that's why I love having him on the team. It's just a bonus that he's as big and physical as he is. He had a great battle in front on the tying goal, was there the whole time and would not be pushed away. He needs power play time IMO

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Everberg reads the play about as well as anyone on the team too. You can see him thinking the game out there, and this is what always puts him in the right spot on the ice to win a battle. If he could work on handling the puck at top speed, he could be a pretty dynamic player and probably generate a lot of offense off the rush.

Even without a lot of production in his game though he's a great fit anywhere in the bottom 6.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
I have not read the GDT yet, but I really hope it was pointed out how he blocked that empty net shot from outside the blueline and then stole the puck when they were getting closer to the net. The game more than likely ends right then. Absolutely terrific shift he had there at the end.

Totally agree, we need more smart and poised players like this.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
One thing I will say though is that he has the most awkward voice I've ever heard :laugh: It's so soft and innocent, like you'd be sad to see anything bad happen to him after hearing him speak :laugh:

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Hopefully our he's just the start for our scouting department. It's nice to see them being allowed to take a chance on a guy they like and be rewarded for once.

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
I can't wait to see this guy next season (not that I don't enjoy his play this season). He has the intangibles to be a middle 6 (2-3 line) guy consistently, just needs to develop and fill out his frame. Having NHL coaches, facilities, and competition will be incredible for his development.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
I can't wait to see this guy next season (not that I don't enjoy his play this season). He has the intangibles to be a middle 6 (2-3 line) guy consistently,

*sigh*

AB with the obligatory reality check: Everberg has ONE goal in 27 games this season. And we're now giving him 2nd line consideration?

I get that that critique of this guy brings out a lot of negative emotion in some posters, so I want to be gentle and all, but….

Cart. Horse. That sort of thing.

Realistic near term end game? Good quality depth player with some real NHL skills. And that's good, especially given the investment. My personal opinion is 4th line, and I'm open to possible 3rd line some day.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
I really like Everberg. But if we want to be a good team. He is a 4th liner who can fill in in the top 9 when needed due to injuries.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
*sigh*

AB with the obligatory reality check: Everberg has ONE goal in 27 games this season. And we're now giving him 2nd line consideration?

I get that that critique of this guy brings out a lot of negative emotion in some posters, so I want to be gentle and all, but….

Realistic near term end game? Good quality depth player with some real NHL skills. And that's good, especially given the investment. My personal opinion is 4th line, and I'm open to possible 3rd line some day.

Can't really fault him for his numbers due to this team, his linemates and ice time. Granted I think 2nd line is pushing it although stranger has happened he could end up being a mcgin like tweener who works in a complentary role.

I have to disagree with the fourth line assessment. My reasoning being if you judge how he plays against quality competition he's doing well. He has created offense almost every game with smart plays and passes and he holds his own against third line competition. He's very good defensively and is a good puck possession player and he pushes the puck up ice. I think that he's definitely third line quality and he's been fortunate our best bottom sixer this year and if the team and linemates were playing at a higher quality he would have appropriate stats.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Everberg is the type of player that Cup winning teams have on their 4th line, 3rd line for small spells when injuries hit.

Talbot is also one of those players.

McLeod and Mitchell are lower-middle tier 4th liners.

The problem is, our actual 3rd line is such a cluster that these guys have to play more minutes than they should, and thus look worse than they are.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
*sigh*

I think the idea with Everberg possibly playing in a bigger role in the future, is his game has room to grow. He's only 23, he's played his entire career in Europe, and he's kinda going through a power forwards type of learning curve. Something that usually takes time. He's learning how to use his physical attributes, and generate chances in the dirty areas, while at the same time learning to play at the higher NHL pace.

So far he's adjusted very quickly, and Roy actually said when they brought him over, they thought he'd spend a year or even two in the minors before making the team, but he's earned his spot.

I think 4th line in a healthy lineup to start next year is probably a good spot to peg him at, but he could easily work his way into a 3rd line role. Then as the season goes on, or maybe in a year or two he might develop into a McGinn sort of top/bottom six tweener capable of filling in on the top two lines if need be and not looking out of place. I don't think his future role is too clear at this point.

I think your point about not getting too carried away before he gets there is a fair one though.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Everberg is the type of player that Cup winning teams have on their 4th line, 3rd line for small spells when injuries hit.

Talbot is also one of those players.

McLeod and Mitchell are lower-middle tier 4th liners.

The problem is, our actual 3rd line is such a cluster that these guys have to play more minutes than they should, and thus look worse than they are.

Mitchell is better player than Everberg or Talbot.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
I think 4th line in a healthy lineup to start next year is probably a good spot to peg him at, but he could easily work his way into a 3rd line role.

I think your point about not getting too carried away before he gets there is a fair one though.

This is basically my position on Everberg. I see some quality NHL skills in him, but not necessarily the upside. Yet.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
This is basically my position on Everberg. I see some quality NHL skills in him, but not necessarily the upside. Yet.

I agree we shouldn't get too carried away, but I see the makings of a very good 3rd line winger. Players with his hockey IQ and skating ability are typically 3rd liners, it's an added bonus that he's a giant and is one of the few players on this team who actually uses his body consistently to make his presence felt, be it in the corners or in front of the net. The upside is clearly there. Probably not 2nd line, though I do have that reserved for Rendulic who is much more skilled :naughty: But it absolutely wouldn't shock me if he was a consistent 3rd line player for this club. 4th line, IMO, is going to be a line he doesn't touch moving forward.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
I have a hard time seeing a 2nd-liner.

But if he can improve his shot and his offense he can surely become a nice 3rd-liner.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Eh, whatever, the whole "2nd/3rd line" argument is kinda nitpicky IMO. TJ Galiardi was at one point a top line player, but it was obviously not in a scoring role. All in all, he appears to be a very solid two-way player. I can understand the excitement, even the over-excitement, especially with him being surrounded by so much bad, it makes him look even better by comparison.

If he can be that guy who can go against the opposition's best and shut them down while also generating the odd scoring chance, I'll be thrilled with him. His offense isn't nearly as important to this organization as his defensive prowess. That's what they're hurting for.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I'm just excited for the fact Roy&SAkic are ready to explore Europe for players. It hasn't been like that for forever and I think that's one of the things Colorado has been missing. I like we signed guys like Rendulic, Everberg etc.. They have been nice surprise and hopefully they will keep improving.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad