Dennis "The Everbeast" Everberg

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
We praise him but he only has 6 points all year.

McLeod has two more points in 25 more games and Cliche two points less in 17 more games.

He works harder and is smarter than most of the bottom six forwards we have. I don't think he'll ever put up a lot of points, but there are lots of 30 point third line forwards that are very useful to their team around the league.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Too bad Everberg is on a full-season pace for 15 points.

True but I think there's a lot to like there. I'm not going to put a number on him for points or even whether he's a 3rd or 4th line guy but IMO he can be a NHL regular for this team. Young, big, good defensively, and a pretty decent skater. I'm okay with that in the bottom six. This season he was supposed to be developing in the minors and adjusting to the NA game but he got thrown in there right away. I think he has been solid under those circumstances.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Too bad Everberg is on a full-season pace for 15 points.

As a rookie coming from tier-2 in Sweden, having never played on small ice before and due to injuries on Avs not being given a year in AHL to acclimatize himself.

I don't know how you can see him play and be negative about him. He's been a positive surprise in almost every way.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
Folks focus too much on stats. Just watching him do some of the little things last night, this guy is an asset to our team. He plays a simple but effective game and I think he can still improve. I would love to see an Everberg - Mitchell - Rendulic line and what they might be able to do together.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
As a rookie coming from tier-2 in Sweden, having never played on small ice before and due to injuries on Avs not being given a year in AHL to acclimatize himself.

I don't know how you can see him play and be negative about him.

I'm not negative about him. Not one tiny bit.

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
I thought he has been tremendous over the last two games. Not only looking like he belongs in the NHL, but playing very, very well. Lets hope he keeps it up.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
I'm not negative about him. Not one tiny bit.

A poster predicted he'd be a thirty point player and you came back with" too bad hes only on pace for 15 pts this season."

The manner you put it made it seem like his pace in his rookie season is his ceiling and yes you sounded negative. While its not a sure thing, I think after watching his play this season he can easiily project to be a 30 or guy in the future.

El_Loco_Avs

Jul 6, 2003
The Netherlands
A poster predicted he'd be a thirty point player and you came back with" too bad hes only on pace for 15 pts this season."

The manner you put it made it seem like his pace in his rookie season is his ceiling and yes you sounded negative. While its not a sure thing, I think after watching his play this season he can easiily project to be a 30 or guy in the future.

I'd have to agree with him that a doubling of points would be quite a leap. Not that I don't think he might, but you can't just assume that he will.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I'd have to agree with him that a doubling of points would be quite a leap. Not that I don't think he might, but you can't just assume that he will.

I think it's safe to assume that he's capable of 30 points given how smart he is and how hard he goes to the net. If he puts up 15 points this rookie season, a year where every single forward is having an atrocious season, I think he can hit 30 when everyone picks it back up

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I don't think Everberg is ever going to be a scorer on this team. But that doesn't make him a bad player. He does lots of things that are useful. He is very smart for someone his age and he has very good instincts.

I'm not sure the scoring is ever going to be there but I envision him as a Shjon Podein type player who is good for about 10-15 goals and maybe 25-35 points in his prime, someone who can take some tough match ups because he is defensively responsible and can be a top end PKer.

Not everyone can be a scorer you need good depth players to win, Everberg can be one of those depth players that makes life easier for the star players to do their thing.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002

Fair enough. Perhaps I'm portraying too much of a negative view on Everberg after all.

I don't really have a problem with Everberg - he came completely free, and does do some things well on the ice. I confess I'm having difficulty envisioning him scoring double digit goals, hence, having difficulty seeing him as anything but a 4th- or fringe-3rd line player. Perhaps I'm having trouble seeing past the current team's bad hockey when it comes to Everberg's individual contribution potential.

But even with all of that, I'm not down on him. I just feel he has limited upside.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
I think the Everberg hype is big because we aren't used to seeing legit good 4th liners on this team. Everberg stands out amongst the guys who should be full timer AHLer.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Everberg is very very smart. He makes simple plays that most players on this team unfortunately would never even consider making.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I don't think Everberg is ever going to be a scorer on this team. But that doesn't make him a bad player. He does lots of things that are useful. He is very smart for someone his age and he has very good instincts.

I'm not sure the scoring is ever going to be there but I envision him as a Shjon Podein type player who is good for about 10-15 goals and maybe 25-35 points in his prime, someone who can take some tough match ups because he is defensively responsible and can be a top end PKer.

Not everyone can be a scorer you need good depth players to win, Everberg can be one of those depth players that makes life easier for the star players to do their thing.

Exactly, we need good depth players and it seems like Everberg has good potential for it, I doubt he will be ever top scorer for this team either, but he could be very valuable to us in bottom-6 role. I certainly take Everberg over Cliche, who has absolutely ZERO upside and is just killing everything offensively. Everberg is superior player to Cliche for example.

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I like Everberg, he plays hard, he is a good developing bottom pairing guy. I think he will only get better and better. I honestly think he will end up as one of those guys that plays so far above his role that you get tricked into thinking he could be more. Which isn't a bad thing.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
But even with all of that, I'm not down on him. I just feel he has limited upside.

I'm sure he does, but if he can be even just-decent as a defensive forward on a team that has--what, two actual two-way forwards on the roster?--then his value is huge.

What I do like is that he can be put in front of the net and, unlike McLeod, actually seems to know what he's doing. I'm not saying he's Dino Ciccarelli incarnate or anything like that but if he can create screens and the occasional deflection or capitalize on the odd rebound, great.

Avelanche

#freeRedmond
Jun 11, 2011
Boston
Eh, whatever, the whole "2nd/3rd line" argument is kinda nitpicky IMO. TJ Galiardi was at one point a top line player, but it was obviously not in a scoring role.

This isn't true though. He played on the top line out of desperation, was carried by stastny and people hoped he would become a top line player. He was never that good. E verberg has looked more promising than Galiardi at being a bottom line player and i think that's an important distinction when comparing the two.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
This isn't true though. He played on the top line out of desperation, was carried by stastny and people hoped he would become a top line player. He was never that good. E verberg has looked more promising than Galiardi at being a bottom line player and i think that's an important distinction when comparing the two.

My point is that not every guy who can be effective (even if only a short time in Galiardi's case) on a scoring line need not necessarily be all that great at scoring. Everberg right now is doing a pretty solid job of helping his linemates sustain pressure in the attacking zone and generate chances. I don't see why "2nd liner" is so erroneous to some people. I realize we all have a tendency to overrate the prospects on these boards but there's nothing wrong with some enthusiasm for a guy who appears to be a pretty good find.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
McNab just described what makes Everberg so successful and what makes him a valuable linemate, from the mouth of Alex Tanguay: He works hard, he's goes to the right areas, and he gives the puck to his linemates. He's probably never going to be a big point producer, but that doesn't mean he can't be valuable third line player. Just looking at point totals is extremely short sighted.

All you have to do is watch him play. The short passes he makes along the boards in his own end to hit a streaking Mitchell to break the puck out. It happens 2-3 times a game. No other Avs wingers have been doing that this year. He's a smart player. Just a fantastic find.

HockeyFan100

Oct 7, 2012
I like him, he's a good player. Solid 4th liner, maybe even a 3rd liner going forward, Somewhere around McGinn-lite

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad