Dennis "The Everbeast" Everberg

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Roy waives Briere when the time comes, he's been sitting for awhile now and Roy doesn't seem to have any interest in putting him back in the lineup any time soon. My guess for a fully healthy lineup (if we ever get there)

ROR-Duchene-McGinn
Lando-Mack-Iginla
Tangs-Malkin-Everbeast
McLeod-Talbot-Bordy
Winchester

I'd rather see McLeod scratched/waived but considering he just got that big extension and wears an A, I doubt it and I think Roy will be hesitant to put Winchester in the lineup at first.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Winchester is a better player than Talbot and McLeod. I'd be pretty upset if he's in the press box over those two.

If Talbot wasn't housing our next star, I could see him being moved.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'm not Briere doesn't still have a place for us. The problem is that with Winchester and Bordy out Cody is our only big body 4th liner right now. And Cody's been playing poorly just like DannyB. Once Winchester comes back i wouldn't be too shocked to see cody sit for a bit, and at that point could totally see Patty sticking Briere in Cliche or Talbot's spot to shake up the 4th line.

Truth be told I'm far from convinced we won't have new injuries before winchester recovers, but until those happen its tough to plan for them.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
From what I understand Carlsson is still an Avs scout, it just isn't his primary job. I saw an article on it somewhere when he took the Rogle job.

Roy said on his weekly radio show that if Everberg keeps up his play they will make room for him. I don't see Everberg letting up on his effort or physicality... so he will stay up now. I'd guess there will be a trade involving one of the forwards before Bordy gets back.

He's definitely still a scout. He's even still listed as such on the Avs site, and he left for Rogle over a year ago.

He probably just doesn't travel outside his normal duties, but passes along info from what he's seen.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
There's no need to make any trades, just dump Cliche or Briere in LE, no single GM in his right mind would claim either of them, unless a tanking team needed to get to the cap floor somehow.

member 116861

There's no need to make any trades, just dump Cliche or Briere in LE, no single GM in his right mind would claim either of them, unless a tanking team needed to get to the cap floor somehow.

If I was the GM, I don't know if I would put either of them on waivers. Briere will have value at the deadline, he probably won't get us much but he'll get something. Cliche has actually been decent this year. He isn't as much of a black hole offensively.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
With as cheap as Cliche's contract is and his familiarity there, I bet he would be scooped up by LA. A team looking for experience might take a chance on Briere, but I would expect him to pass through. Briere won't get waived though.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Everberg is already solidifying a spot on the team but one way to really cement that spot would be for him to be a reliable option on the PK. This would help Roy make a decision on Cliche. Cliche has the least amount of offense when looking at him, Talbot, MacLeod and Winchester so he would become the odd man out. When Winchester and Bordy come back, I can only see Cliche and Briere being on the way out while keeping Everberg.

With his great reach I can see Everberg becoming a very good PKer.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I'd like to see the 3rd line stay as it is for a while now. Tangs, Malkin, and Everbeast seem to be slowly developing some great chemistry together. Its defensively responsible line that has some offensive punch to it as well.

Once Winchester comes back I'd like to see Talbot, Winchester, McCleod on the 4th line, with Bordeleau and McCleod swapping back and forth once Bordsy is healthy.

IMO we'll actually have a pretty good bottom 6 if we eve get healthy. I think Winchester and Bordy are both good 4th liners, Talbot too. And we'd got pretty decent depth with Cliche and Briere in the wings for injuries as well.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Roy saying he'll make room if the kid keeps it up makes you worry there won't be room?

Yes, because if it so happens that Everberg struggles for a game or two, and it's around the time Winchester gets healthy, I absolutely can see Roy moving Everberg down to the AHL because he has the ability to send him back and forth. We all know guys like Cliche and McLeod are going to struggle mightily out there, but nothing is going to come of it because Roy loves them. Everberg? I can see him getting sent down. I hope not, and he deserves to be on this team, but Roy definitely has his "guys"

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Isn't Everberg a Roy guy? If Roy did have an ego and wanted his "guys" in the line up to show how great a talent locator he is then Everberg will stay up as long as he does his part. Even if Everberg wasn't a Roy "guy" then I'm sure Roy would still like to keep him around. Roy has shown even if you aren't one of his "guys" then you can still stay in the line up ala Duchene, O'Reilly, Varly, Jiggy, EJ, Barrie, Landeskog, McGinn, Hejda

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Yeah I think Everberg will be, he's getting close into the circle of trust. It's basically he who bumped out Briere so yeah at one point he might become one of those guys who never leave.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Yeah I think Everberg will be, he's getting close into the circle of trust. It's basically he who bumped out Briere so yeah at one point he might become one of those guys who never leave.

What I'm hoping for now is Roy seeing that trusting a rookie that wasn't drafted 1st overall doesn't necessarily lead to disaster and swap out Guenin for Noreau/Siemens/Elliott/ANYONE.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Interview with Everberg on the Swedish site Hockeysverige.se. Give them a click if you enjoyed it.

"The debut? Of course it was an incredible feeling when players and leaders came up and shook my hand and congratulated me on getting to play my first game in the NHL. In that way there was a lot of things happening before the game".

"We lost the game 5-0 so it's perhaps not the most fun game to remember. But of course it was an incredible feeling skating on to the ice in front of 18000 people. It was something I've dreamed about all my life".

"I think I iced the puck the first shift. It took a shift or two but after that it was like normal. I just kept going, but sure that first shift was special".

About having Landeskog as captain and fellow teammate:

"It means a lot and it's helpful to have a swede here that knows how things work. That he's captain doesn't make it worse.

He was a captain in the U19 national team too when I played there. You can tell he's a mature person. You can't tell he's born in 1992. It's cool seeing him as the captain here. "

About Roy:

"I like his leadership and gets the most out of every player. The respect a guy that won the Cup four times and being a NHL great gets when he walks into a room is enormous. To have him as a coach is special and it's fun playing for him."

The NHL style of play:

"The way to play hockey is different. The roles are clearly defined and I enjoy that aspect and I enjoy playing hockey here."

NHL hockey being a good fit for him:

"I think so. I wouldn't say it's easier, but you know better what is expected of you here. I'm not going to try fancy stuff. It's north south hockey that I have to play. It's a faster game with more scoring chances and a more physical brand of hockey. It's fun hockey."

First goal.

"I got the puck in the defensive zone and their defenders were high in the neutral zone so I just had to chip the puck past them. With good speed I got by them. Then I just put the puck on net. It was a scoring chance from nothing and I was lucky it went in the goal. I wouldn't say my confidence was bad before that but it was nice to get the first goal. I had some chances in the first games without scoring so it was nice to get a goal."

About his teammates:

"We have several players like O'Reilly, Landeskog, Duchene and MacKinnon that are incredibly good. You can tell how skilled they are with the puck. MacKinnon is an incredibly good player with great speed, strength and a great shot. He's got it all."

About being sent down to AHL and being recalled:

"It's been hectic going back and forward. There has been a lot of travel. When I got sent down to Lake Erie we were on a road trip so I didn't have a lot of stuff with me. I just had a bag. I had to spend some days in the same clothes while I waited for my things to be sent to me. When I finally got my stuff I got recalled to the NHL. I'm not complaining. I'm happy to be back in the NHL".

About Avs and Forsberg:

"In the beginning the media asked a lot about if I idolized Forsberg as a kid. Of course Forsberg, Lidström and Sundin were my idols. Forsberg was probably the one I looked up to the most. That he played for Colorado was cool and I might have cheered a little bit extra for them. He, Sakic and Roy are legends that has been with the team for a long time."

About the near future:

"Personally my goal is to stay in the NHL. It's incredibly fun to play here. It's a dream for me. I've spent a lot of time getting here and it will take a lot to stay here. I have to keep fighting with all that I have to stay. As a team we'll turn the semi-negative trend around."

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
I was surprised by the amount of spelling errors in the written interview.

Good interview nonetheless.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Yeah, lets not over rate this guy. Sure I like him but I think he will be an average 3rd liner at best. Which isn't bad by anymeans

I did not make any claims, I just asked a questions.

Who knows how he'll evolve. It's not like Franzen was not a late bloomer.

BTW a poor man Franzen is McGinn level so its not out of question.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
We've really got to scout Europe better. Pickups like this for the bottom 6 are invaluable. Also important for getting value in the later rounds of the draft.

there is many players in the shl, khl and nla that could play in nhl. many nhl teams just search for players in ahl, ncca and juniors.

good scoting is important to find the right player, just like with everberg.

Way more than the Lindstrom's or Ledins of the world anyway.

Its the scouting, its not like the euro leagues sucks or anything.

Instead of Ledin and Lindstrom, Colorado should have give this 2 guys the chance for exemple:

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=2058
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=1103

This 2 players is/was good 3rd liners in NHL, without a doubt.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
The last three games the Avs have needed a goal late, Dennis Everberg planted right in front of the net. I love it. I say give him a shot on the PP.

Hope the Avs find more intelligent hockey players like him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad