News Article: Delete

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
So. Many. Periods.

One would think that you own shares in Tampax or something.

The general rule of thumb when using an ellipsis is very much similar to shaking your willy after taking a pee. Anything after 3 and you're just playing with it. Mmmmmkay?

Also, stop acting like you know what's going on based on one interview in November, of which you remember so vividly, but fail to recount that Karlsson clarified his words a few days later. But no. that doesn't fit your ellipsis-tin-hat narrative so you just pretend that didn't happen. Just like you also pretend that Dorion hasn't stated many times that he and Karlsson have a great relationship. Nope. According to you there's a bunch of secret agendas being developed in the dark rooms of the CTC that are off limits to the GM.

If he wasn't so consistently obtuse you'd swear he was trolling... its incessant across any topic.
LVs4ApYE_400x400.jpg

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Here's the thing though; is saying you'll get paid fair market value really something that should initiate trade talks?

EK65 said more than just wanting fair market value.

But you totally don't want to address those points.

Why?

He brought up the possibility, or option, of seeking fair market value "no matter where I'm going" and having "to look elsewhere"

I still contend that there was ZERO EK65 trade rumours prior to these comments that came out of EK65's mouth ........... but I will welcome anyone to provide me with additional information, and correct me if I'm wrong about the timeline.

I know you're excellent at researching things like this, but at this point, I've seen nothing to indicate that EK65 playing elsewhere was brought up before he did.

When I go to market, I’m going to get what I’m worth, and it’s going to be no less, no matter where I’m going,
That’s the business part of it. That’s the way every player has been treated ever since this league has started, and I think the players have been a little bit on the other side of things when it comes to negotiations. I think it’s time to realize that when we go to the table, it’s business on both parts, not just (owners).”

I like it here, I’m comfortable here, I’ve been here my whole career, It’s something that I invested all my time in and something I would like to see all the way through. But at the end of the day, when it comes down to it, if it’s not the right fit and it’s not going to work out business-wise, then you’re going to have to look elsewhere because that’s what (owners) are going to do, as well.”​

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Thanks for clarifying that you meant "at the draft", and not at the already passed TDD.

With that, Pierre Dorion stated clearly to STHs, in the conference call on Friday March 23rd, “When we can offer Erik a contract on July first, we will do so. I hope this clarifies things. We don’t want to get into specifics on too many players, but we think it’s important that we need to mention that.”

Does that not "contradict" the rumour that he's going to be traded at the draft?
Nope

Thanks for playing...do try again.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Dracula, can you cut the crap for one day?

Hell, I don't know how anyone can be up for arguing and doing this shit this morning of all days.

Reactions: branch

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Oh my GOD. He's getting it, y'all!

So can you explain the logic to deliberately lie to STHs, when they're not renewing at the rate the Senators want them to?

How would you react, if you had renewed your ST, knowing that the Team was going to offer EK65 a contract on July 1st, and then go ahead and trade him at the Draft?

Would you call and cancel your STs, or buy some more?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Why?

He brought up the possibility, or option, of seeking fair market value "no matter where I'm going" and having "to look elsewhere"

I still contend that there was ZERO EK65 trade rumours prior to these comments that came out of EK65's mouth ........... but I will welcome anyone to provide me with additional information, and correct me if I'm wrong about the timeline.

I know you're excellent at researching things like this, but at this point, I've seen nothing to indicate that EK65 playing elsewhere was brought up before he did.

When I go to market, I’m going to get what I’m worth, and it’s going to be no less, no matter where I’m going,
That’s the business part of it. That’s the way every player has been treated ever since this league has started, and I think the players have been a little bit on the other side of things when it comes to negotiations. I think it’s time to realize that when we go to the table, it’s business on both parts, not just (owners).”

I like it here, I’m comfortable here, I’ve been here my whole career, It’s something that I invested all my time in and something I would like to see all the way through. But at the end of the day, when it comes down to it, if it’s not the right fit and it’s not going to work out business-wise, then you’re going to have to look elsewhere because that’s what (owners) are going to do, as well.”​

What exactly is your point.

Karlsson said he wants fair market value and it has to be the right fit for both parties , essentially. I think its a fair. I think he was letting Dorion and Melnyk know that they should not be expecting a home town discount. That could be a heads up . I do not think he was trying to stir the pot or cause a swirl in the market. EKs comments were made when his play was off due to recovering from his injury. Since the TDL , at least, his skating , and explosiveness have improved markedly.

We do not know Melnyk's reaction. Dorion's went from on the 8th day God created Erik Karlsson to Even Gretzky was traded and I am listening to offers. I don't think Dorion would make such a bold move on his own.

Fair market value could likely be pegged somewhere between 9 and 12 million. Probably somewhere in the middle

Reactions: Deku

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Why?

His whole statement basically says he wants to play in Ottawa but at a fair deal, but if that isn't there, yes he'll move. You dance around it, but that's what it is. He's not saying he'd going to ask more from Ottawa than anywhere else, in fact, he's saying that nobody else will get a discount from him either. So why is it that saying you'll only accept a fair deal a problem? Well, the obvious answer is that Ottawa was expecting to pay a fair market deal. There is zero indication in his statement that he is unwilling to sign with Ottawa, just that if Ottawa isn't going to act in good faith and offer him what he's worth, he's going to treat it as business and explore all his options. The obvious response for a franchise to talk like that is something along the lines of "we're fully prepared to make Karlsson a fair offer on 1 Jul that will insure he remains a senator for the foreseeable future", not oh crap, go ask him for his list if teams so we can explore a trade.

But here's the real question; if Karlsson clearly likes Ottawa, and states he wants to finish his career here, what would prompt him to make a statement about getting paid what he's worth? Like I said, it's not what is said publicly that's troubling, it's what prompted those public statements. Karlsson likely knows a lot more of the details behind how Turris' recent negotiations went. He knows how the team operates when negotiating. His comments seem far more reactionary than off the cuff.

Reactions: Deku

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
So can you explain the logic to deliberately lie to STHs, when they're not renewing at the rate the Senators want them to?

How would you react, if you had renewed your ST, knowing that the Team was going to offer EK65 a contract on July 1st, and then go ahead and trade him at the Draft?

If you believe the team did anything at the trade deadline other than kick the can down the road, I don't know what to tell you. I bet you think all the smoke from the raging fire in the corner is just fog, too.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
So you're saying PD lied to STHs in the conference call.

He can't do both, trade EK65 at the draft, and then offer him a contract on July 1st.
He's on record stating that Gretzky got traded and that for the right price ANYONE is tradable.

He's on record stating that Karlsson was not shopped by the Sens, but they did listen to offers.

If a team meets Dorion's RIGHT PRICE, then EK will be gone at the draft.

Please provide a quote from Dorion states that he won't listen to offers UNTIL he has a chance to discuss contract with EK and you might have a point. Until then, just more of your usual BS.

Last edited:

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013

Karlsson is the reason there's trade talk, so we can just blame the trade on him, you've already gaslighted the foundation for that argument, so what's the problem?

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
He's on record stating that Gretzky got traded and that for the right price ANYONE is tradable.

He's on record stating that Karlsson was not shopped by the Sens, but they did listen to offers.

If a team meets Dorion's RIGHT PRICE, then EK will be gone at the draft.

Please provide a quote from Dorion states that he won't listen to offers UNTIL he has a chance to discuss contract with EK and you might have a point. Until then, just more of your usual BS.

That right there is the key to Lyin' Pierre Dorion. I'm sure that today, on April 5, 2018, he's not doing everything he can to recoup value from Erik Karlsson. (We'll see that in 10 months), and has every intention of making him an offer that will fit with the Senators salary structure.

But if a GM wants to blow his own brains out trying to get EK on his team, PD is not about to stop him just because it's June 22nd.

Reactions: Flamingo

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
That right there is the key to Lyin' Pierre Dorion. I'm sure that today, on April 5, 2018, he's not doing everything he can to recoup value from Erik Karlsson. (We'll see that in 10 months), and has every intention of making him an offer that will fit with the Senators salary structure.

But if a GM wants to blow his own brains out trying to get EK on his team, PD is not about to stop him just because it's June 22nd.

and imo that's the way it should be and it doesn't matter who the player is. I like Karlsson as much as the next guy but if someone comes along and makes you an offer you cannot refuse....the reputed 5 to 7 pieces

a young established top 6
a young established top 4
a few high profile prospects
a couple of high end draft picks

if it adds up, you might be able to set yourself up for long term sustainable success

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
What exactly is your point.

Karlsson said he wants fair market value and it has to be the right fit for both parties , essentially. I think its a fair. I think he was letting Dorion and Melnyk know that they should not be expecting a home town discount. That could be a heads up . I do not think he was trying to stir the pot or cause a swirl in the market. EKs comments were made when his play was off due to recovering from his injury. Since the TDL , at least, his skating , and explosiveness have improved markedly.

We do not know Melnyk's reaction. Dorion's went from on the 8th day God created Erik Karlsson to Even Gretzky was traded and I am listening to offers. I don't think Dorion would make such a bold move on his own.

Fair market value could likely be pegged somewhere between 9 and 12 million. Probably somewhere in the middle

That EK65 started the "Trade Karlsson rumours" ball rolling, intentionally or unintentionally.

The accepted belief around here is that it's all the Owner's doing ...... and I'm pointing to the time line and suggesting one has reacted to the other.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

/QUOTE]

Dorion's comments, that you're referring to, are in response to EK65 comments about 12 days earlier, suggesting he would be only take fair market value, here or elsewhere

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
That EK65 started the "Trade Karlsson rumours" ball rolling, intentionally or unintentionally.

The accepted belief around here is that it's all the Owner's doing ...... and I'm pointing to the time line and suggesting one has reacted to the other.

I believe that trading 65 this year had been on Dorion’s decision tree a while before Erik’s reaction to Doughty. I do not blame him for that. If he wasn’t at least considering it, he wasn’t doing his job.

Having said that, he seems to have a need to hedge his public statements if he can’t commit to something with metaphysical certainty. This lead to the Gretzky line and the “if he’s still here”.

I give Dorion a lot of slack, but in this case, he created the poop storm by publicly hedging the low percentage outcome.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I believe that trading 65 this year had been on Dorion’s decision tree a while before Erik’s reaction to Doughty. I do not blame him for that. If he wasn’t at least considering it, he wasn’t doing his job.

Having said that, he seems to have a need to hedge his public statements if he can’t commit to something with metaphysical certainty. This lead to the Gretzky line and the “if he’s still here”.

I give Dorion a lot of slack, but in this case, he created the poop storm by publicly hedging the low percentage outcome.

All I'm saying is that there were no rumblings or rumours about the remote possibility that EK65 would be traded, until Doughty made the comments, that included Karlsson, and then the next day when asked, EK65 gave his two cents worth on matter, and opened the widow on playing elsewhere if "fair market value" was not obtainable in Ottawa.

Dorion, as you suggest, could have considered all possibility, with every player on the roster, and he probably considered it bit more once he heard the comments from EK65 ....... why wouldn't he?

So when the media asked him about it, he said what he said, and that is how he gets the blame, from most people here, of having initiated the "trade Karlsson" rumours.

Was it smart of him to respond in that way? No. Does he know what Karlsson's true intentions are? We don't know.

Was this a negotiating tactic by EK65? Perhaps, we'll find out when July 1st rolls around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad