News Article: Delete

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Are you incapable of understanding what the term "figure of speech" is? Or is everything everyone said to you ever, always been literal?

Why are you avoiding addressing the main point I've tried to make.

EK65 speculates openly, to the media, on December 1st, about his impending UFA status, and that he expects to get "fair market value, either in Ottawa or elsewhere, echoing similar remarks by Drew Doughty.

There were no trade rumours prior to that.

Pierre Dorion, when asked about Karlsson's thoughts about his
impending UFA status, about 10 or 12 days later, said ...
"Yes, we have everyone’s trade lists. We’ve had everyone’s trade lists for a long while...in saying that, it’s our wish, all of us, for Erik Karlsson to be here for the next 10 years."

"If an opposing team phones you and makes you an offer you can’t refuse, all I know is ... if Wayne Gretzky got traded, I think any player in the NHL can be traded, we love Erik Karlsson. We understand he went through a pretty serious operation. His condition is finally getting to the level where it needs to be. We love him. We want him to be an Ottawa Senator for life.
"

I know practically everyone here wants to hate and blame the Owner for everything, and they also want to believe that PD has been "shopping Karlsson around" forever .......... but these same people don't want to acknowledge the fact, that Erik Karlsson had a pretty big hand in this situation from the beginning.

When asked about what Drew Doughty said about the two of them, and their impending UFA status in 2019, he could have just said that he leaves contract talks up to his agent, and ended it at that.

IF he had said that, back in December, none of this speculation and TDD rumours would have happened, imo.

Clearly Karlsson has an agenda, and he's been prodding it along, as he appears to have started it.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Because I don't give a flying f*** about your main point, they are 110% stained in your bias and you've lost your ability to present an argument without it being ignored.

I'm still waiting for the answer to my question............................................................

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

EK65 speculates openly, to the media, on December 1st, about his impending UFA status, and that he expects to get "fair market value, either in Ottawa or elsewhere, echoing similar remarks by Drew Doughty.

"Yes, we have everyone’s trade lists. We’ve had everyone’s trade lists for a long while...in saying that, it’s our wish, all of us, for Erik Karlsson to be here for the next 10 years."

"If an opposing team phones you and makes you an offer you can’t refuse, all I know is ... if Wayne Gretzky got traded, I think any player in the NHL can be traded, we love Erik Karlsson. We understand he went through a pretty serious operation. His condition is finally getting to the level where it needs to be. We love him. We want him to be an Ottawa Senator for life.
"

I know practically everyone here wants to hate and blame the Owner for everything, and they also want to believe that PD has been "shopping Karlsson around" forever .......... but these same people don't want to acknowledge the fact, that Erik Karlsson had a pretty big hand in this situation from the beginning.

When asked about what Drew Doughty said about the two of them, and their impending UFA status in 2019, he could have just said that he leaves contract talks up to his agent, and ended it at that.

IF he had said that, back in December, none of this speculation and TDD rumours would have happened, imo.

Clearly Karlsson has an agenda, and he's been prodding it along, as he appears to have started it.
Can you please provide us with a source that Karlsson has an agenda?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Oh sorry, I forgot your ellipsis : ".............................."

That frigging ellipsis....

THMOYG2AxXjHi.gif

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Ok just a question...Do we have enough to resign everybody,including EK and stay below the cap???

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Erik stating that he wanted full value on his contract was well within his right. He didn't actually say what he thought his value was either, so it's not like he said "if I don't get a $12 million offer from Ottawa I don't want to be here."

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Sorry, he said "no question" .............. my bad.

But the point being is that Karlsson spoke about "fair market value" in Ottawa of elsewhere BEFORE Senators management did............... as best as I can remember, please feel free to correct me if you can.

this is awesome. Imagine the gall of wanting a fair value contract - always ok for the team to talk about hometown discounts as if thats not exactly the same thing from the other side.
why would the team get angry about that? seriously what is the basis?

your implication is that the team had no intention of paying him fair market value (WHICH HASNT EVEN BEEN ESTABLISHED BY ANYONE) and that they were so outraged about the comments that it precipitated the movement towards trading him.
do you see that absolute absurdity of what you are claiming?

mysens

Apr 9, 2013

"

I know, nobody wants to think it, but I think you are right on the agenda bit. Just listen for a second. How about his agent/agency tells him to ruffle the feathers of all fans for the next couple of months, go and get the puck after the home game. This would and has been the number one topic since this happened. All the upheaval and chatter about this action has definitely rattled management/owner. Imagine for the next few months how this is going to brew. He knew by doing this, he WILL get top dollar for his resigning. The Senators are being forced to see what the implications of not resigning him will cause. It was a very smart, calculated move. Maybe call it posturing, gamemanship. Just a thought.

Reactions: TNUOC ALUCARD

Handles1919

Jul 27, 2016
ottawa
I know, nobody wants to think it, but I think you are right on the agenda bit. Just listen for a second. How about his agent/agency tells him to ruffle the feathers of all fans for the next couple of months, go and get the puck after the home game. This would and has been the number one topic since this happened. All the upheaval and chatter about this action has definitely rattled management/owner. Imagine for the next few months how this is going to brew. He knew by doing this, he WILL get top dollar for his resigning. The Senators are being forced to see what the implications of not resigning him will cause. It was a very smart, calculated move. Maybe call it posturing, gamemanship. Just a thought.
surprised it wasnt explained at dinner

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Can we get Count to only post on one account please?

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
His agenda is apparently to get paid to play hockey. Typical villain stuff, you know.

It is funny how stating that he'll get what he's worth is somehow him causing a trade fiasco.

Was there any trade talk, AKA rumours, involving EK65 prior to November 30th?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Was there any trade talk, AKA rumours, involving EK65 prior to November 30th?
Here's the thing though; is saying you'll get paid fair market value really something that should initiate trade talks? Would any other team in this league go into full blown panic and start listening to offers on their generational player because they learned he'd be looking for a fair deal?

If you're wife asked you something reasonable, like put the seat down after you went to the toilet, and then all the sudden you started contemplating divorce, is your wife the catalyst for the pending divorce talk?

The reality is in both scenario's, there's stuff behind the scenes, so any rational person wouldn't jump to conclusions about who was the catalyst based on the publicly available information. Maybe your wife was cheating on you, maybe Dorion told Karlsson that they only had 2 million budgeted for raises for the 2019-20 season, and that had to cover him and Duchene, we don't know. What we do know, is the public comment made by Karlsson wasn't unreasonable, and if that's part of what lead to trade talks, there are far deeper and more troubling issues.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

The sequence of events, is there for all to see, Doughty talking impending UFA status, Karlsson commenting on same the following day, Dorion stating the Senators intentions 10 days later, the media sheit storm leading up to TDD, Dorion conference call confirming an offer is coming on July 1st and the Puck pick up ........................................................ is all there for everyone to see, and draw whatever conclusions they want.

Portraying EK65 as a blameless victim in all of this, requires the Hate & Blame Melnykers to turn a blind eye to the timeline leading up to were were are today.

The Senators Management are not blameless victims in this either, as Dorion has did not clearly articulate their intentions from the get go, after he was asked about EK65s comments regarding his desire for fair market value here, or elsewhere (elsewhere being the point here, not him wanting fair market value).

The only victims in this whole rumour based issue, are us, theSenator fans, who have reacted to rumours, and have had the Toronto centrist Sports media outlets have a field day mocking us, ridiculing us and embarrassing us.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
You and The Count should get a room. Make sure it doesn't have any connectivity.

Reactions: Deku

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Nothing Dorion has said contradicts him moving Karlsson at the trade deadline.

He's already hit us with "Gretzky got traded" and "IF he's here, we will give him an offer". He made no definitive promise to not trade Karlsson before July 1st.

If he does trade him, he'll just fall back on "we got an offer we just couldn't refuse".

Prior to the draft.

Thanks for clarifying that you meant "at the draft", and not at the already passed TDD.

With that, Pierre Dorion stated clearly to STHs, in the conference call on Friday March 23rd, “When we can offer Erik a contract on July first, we will do so. I hope this clarifies things. We don’t want to get into specifics on too many players, but we think it’s important that we need to mention that.”

Does that not "contradict" the rumour that he's going to be traded at the draft?

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
The sequence of events, is there for all to see, Doughty talking impending UFA status, Karlsson commenting on same the following day, Dorion stating the Senators intentions 10 days later, the media sheit storm leading up to TDD, Dorion conference call confirming an offer is coming on July 1st and the Puck pick up ........................................................ is all there for everyone to see, and draw whatever conclusions they want.

Portraying EK65 as a blameless victim in all of this, requires the Hate & Blame Melnykers to turn a blind eye to the timeline leading up to were were are today.

The Senators Management are not blameless victims in this either, as Dorion has did not clearly articulate their intentions from the get go, after he was asked about EK65s comments regarding his desire for fair market value here, or elsewhere (elsewhere being the point here, not him wanting fair market value).

The only victims in this whole rumour based issue, are us, theSenator fans, who have reacted to rumours, and have had the Toronto centrist Sports media outlets have a field day mocking us, ridiculing us and embarrassing us.

So. Many. Periods.

One would think that you own shares in Tampax or something.

The general rule of thumb when using an ellipsis is very much similar to shaking your willy after taking a pee. Anything after 3 and you're just playing with it. Mmmmmkay?

Also, stop acting like you know what's going on based on one interview in November, of which you remember so vividly, but fail to recount that Karlsson clarified his words a few days later. But no. that doesn't fit your ellipsis-tin-hat narrative so you just pretend that didn't happen. Just like you also pretend that Dorion hasn't stated many times that he and Karlsson have a great relationship. Nope. According to you there's a bunch of secret agendas being developed in the dark rooms of the CTC that are off limits to the GM.

Reactions: Deku

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Thanks for clarifying that you meant "at the draft", and not at the already passed TDD.

With that, Pierre Dorion stated clearly to STHs, in the conference call on Friday March 23rd, “When we can offer Erik a contract on July first, we will do so. I hope this clarifies things. We don’t want to get into specifics on too many players, but we think it’s important that we need to mention that.”

Does that not "contradict" the rumour that he's going to be traded at the draft?
It does not, as you well know. The draft happens before July 1. It's well within the realm of possibility that EK is traded prior to July 1, meaning that TECHNICALLY management never lied. "When we can offer him a contract, we will" loses all meaning if the day never comes where they're able to offer a contract.

Also, since you insist on pulling up this nothing quote again, I'll point out that he says nothing to the quality of offer nor whether the negotiations will be in good faith or not. An offer of league minimum over eight years would make Dorion's statement factually accurate but would do nothing to actually resolve the issue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad