LeBrun: DeBrincat will most likely be traded, agent has submitted list of preferred destinations

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
f*** no we don't. Just to whoever offers the best package. Would it help if he's going to sign an extension? Probably. Is it integral? No.
Cool. Then just do it.

Honestly, if SY can not make this work he may need to be replaced as our GM.

Its been 15 years since the last "good to high end" AND young player chose to sign or asked to be traded to Detroit.

If you cant make this work it sends a signal to every other player in the league that could easily take years to undue.

I have faith in SY but the ball is 100% in his court... so dont mess this up
If Yzerman refuses to overpay on a trade so that he can overpay on a max term contract, he should be fired?

... That's quite the interesting take.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Yzerman: This is it. Take it or leave it.

Dorion: That's not a great offer. I uh... Have several other teams interested. Yeah, that's it! Get in line, pal, because there's a BIDDING WAR here!

Yzerman: I don't see anybody else bidding, and I'm not changing my offer.

Dorion: Don't see anybody else?!? Why, there's... Lamoriello right here! He's got a better offer, don't you, Lou?

Lamoriello (clearly unaware he had been invited to the party): Wait what?

Dorion: See? Now it's a BIDDING WAR! Make your best offer and he might be yours!

Lamoriello: Who are we talking about again?

Yzerman: Yeah no. Dorion, you have my offer. Let me know when you're done screwing around.

(Yzerman leaves)

Lamoriello: Can I go now?

Dorion: Yeah.

(Lamoriello leaves)

Dorion: Crap. Now I'm stuck taking that lousy offer from Det... Wait! I can still tell the media that I spoke with multiple teams! This might work yet!

STAY TUNED to the next episode of, 'As The Hotstove Turns...'

Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives.

• Haha
Reactions: Atoadaso

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Who is Dorian person a lot of you keep mentioning?
Peter+Greene+The+Mask.jpg

PajamaBoy

Sponsor
Sep 16, 2020
Honestly, if SY can not make this work he may need to be replaced as our GM.

Its been 15 years since the last "good to high end" AND young player chose to sign or asked to be traded to Detroit.

If you cant make this work it sends a signal to every other player in the league that could easily take years to undue.

I have faith in SY but the ball is 100% in his court... so dont mess this up
Pleb desperation take

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Dorion going to try and impress the new owner...expect an eye opening trade....

Debrincat for Wallinder, Berggren, Boston 1st 2024
So DeBrincat's less than ideal season and limiting trade factors brought his value up a year later.... Nope. I wouldn't move Wallinder for him but unlike the debate of late first to early second value on Berggren, Wallinder is worth a lot. I would actual place his current value above the Boston 1st or Detroit 1st since we have no idea what those are and Wallinder has been excellent for two years running in the SHL with amazing plus tools and ceiling. I said on our board if his name is out there the only thing I am willing to add here is a third rounder.

I would do the worse pick conditional between 2024 Bos and Det first + Berggren. I really don't think there is much more to add. Sens want to pass fine, wish you luck, that is a fair offer and two pieces that reflect where the value sits after a down year, with UFA closer, and more control for DeBrincat.

Last edited:

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Cool. Then just do it.

If Yzerman refuses to overpay on a trade so that he can overpay on a max term contract, he should be fired?

... That's quite the interesting take.

Since nobody knows what SY has or would offer, ALL we have are the rumors that have been plentiful, more than any other rumored DRW trade in over a decade.

So... in my opinion based on what IS being speculated ad nauseam, failing to make it work for all parties to me is just that.. a failure.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Since nobody knows what SY has or would offer, ALL we have are the rumors that have been plentiful, more than any other rumored DRW trade in over a decade.

So... in my opinion based on what IS being speculated ad nauseam, failing to make it work for all parties to me is just that.. a failure.
Failing to make a bad trade happen is a good thing.

Reactions: FMichael

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Failing to make a bad trade happen is a good thing.

You and I disagree on whether Debrincat is a bad player to acquire..

I dont believe for a second the ask would be outlandish or even detrimental and league hx would suggest that to be correct and therefore the trade in my opinion would be good for Detroit.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Dorion going to try and impress the new owner...expect an eye opening trade....

Debrincat for Wallinder, Berggren, Boston 1st 2024
Does the owner really know how to gauge trade value?
Most likely will tke 1-2 seasons to declare mistakes or good judgement on GMs moves e.g trade DBC and he goes to score either 20 or 40 again next year

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
DeBrincat for Filip Gustavsson - who says no?

Ottawa gets a young goalie coming off a vezina calibre season to shore up their goaltending position.

Minnesota gets a goal scorer hoping to rebound and prove himself, adding much needed offense to the Wild.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Hey I'm all in to bringing him back. With him our top 6 is good for another season and have better odds to get into the playoffs. We don't need to add any long term contracts...look at our roster, most are already locked in and ready to roll. Detroit is also under the gun to make the playoffs and needs to add to a weak top 6.

Not true at all.

I love the comments with the we, like us hfboard posters have any say or have any clue what's being talked about. I speculate both fan bases are currently at an impass but will soon come together to make a deal, in the next 24-48 hours.

I'm at the table, I don't see you anywhere.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

Ottawa gets a young goalie coming off a vezina calibre season to shore up their goaltending position.

Minnesota gets a goal scorer hoping to rebound and prove himself, adding much needed offense to the Wild.

Only if we can fly Pierre Dorion’s underwear from the Peace Tower

redwings25

Jul 28, 2016

Mn doesnt have the cap space, they huge penaltys for suter parise buyouts. If they had 8+ they would be shopping for a center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad