LeBrun: DeBrincat will most likely be traded, agent has submitted list of preferred destinations

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
He’s clearly getting traded and 90% the trade has already bern agreed upon (by at least two teams).

We can stop hypothesizing the Sens holding onto him until July 1st and him walking to UFA.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Honestly, if SY can not make this work he may need to be replaced as our GM.

Its been 15 years since the last "good to high end" AND young player chose to sign or asked to be traded to Detroit.

If you cant make this work it sends a signal to every other player in the league that could easily take years to undue.

I have faith in SY but the ball is 100% in his court... so dont mess this up

It isn't Yzerman's job to get a deal done at all costs, its his job to make sure he doesn't overpay. Considering how tight lipped the Wings are, basically all offers are just speculation about the asking price.

Also 15 years of not having a 'high end" player fall on Holland not Steve. The only "high end" player we potentially have was his first draft pick, Larkin is "high end" in his own sense.

Reactions: VivaLasVegas

ACLEVERNAME

Jan 6, 2010
You'd think Yzerman was still running Tampa Bay with the way some Wings fans are strutting about with puffed out chests in this thread. You do see the roster you have on paper right? Debrincat isn't a luxury here - he's a need. Plain and simple. It's like a homeless guy scoffing at a new pair of shoes because they don't match the tattered slacks smh.

Now pay up

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Detroit just waits until free agency next year and gets to keep their chips and slim jim. Meanwhile the Sens try and figure out how much it’ll cost them to clear the cap space for Debrincat while also making sure they have no room to add any longer term contracts this off season.
Hey I'm all in to bringing him back. With him our top 6 is good for another season and have better odds to get into the playoffs. We don't need to add any long term contracts...look at our roster, most are already locked in and ready to roll. Detroit is also under the gun to make the playoffs and needs to add to a weak top 6.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Then there is no trade to be made....lol...you don't get a top six goal scorer for a bag of chips and a slim jim
These people don't make decisions.

You'd think Yzerman was still running Tampa Bay with the way some Wings fans are strutting about with puffed out chests in this thread. You do see the roster you have on paper right? Debrincat isn't a luxury here - he's a need. Plain and simple. It's like a homeless guy scoffing at a new pair of shoes because they don't match the tattered slacks smh.

Now pay up
The website is Hockey's Future and some people get caught up on dreamsies and make believe projections and draft picks more than tangible hockey things.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
I know nothing about Breggen. Who's Ottawa closest comparable in value and/or upside to him?

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Hey I'm all in to bringing him back. With him our top 6 is good for another season and have better odds to get into the playoffs. We don't need to add any long term contracts...look at our roster, most are already locked in and ready to roll. Detroit is also under the gun to make the playoffs and needs to add to a weak top 6.
How are you getting him back + filling out the roster while staying under the cap?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

Now pay up
Can promise you Steve Yzerman has the kind of job security Dorion dreams of right now with new ownership. People keep asking when Yzerman is in trouble and that is still realistically two or three years from now if we are in the same status. I don't really agree there but that is true given his roots with the family and community. As long as Marian Ilitch is alive he doesn't have to worry, Chris might lose his inheritance if he came after Stevie without her blessing.

Last edited:
Reactions: jfrank21

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
How are you getting him back + filling out the roster while staying under the cap?
Shipping out Brannstrom or Joseph, possibly both. Too early to consider that until later this summer though when the picture is clearer on whether or not a suitable trade is found and how much arb awards him. Not ideal situation either way but not impossible to manage either.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I know nothing about Breggen. Who's Ottawa closest comparable in value and/or upside to him?
I think you're seeing in this thread he is a little overrated by a lot of Wings fans in my opinion. He is a sub 6' winger that has great edges and hands. He passes well, he can get caught wheeling on the exterior but has plus offensive upside. He is a middle six winger, but he shows up at the right times rebound wise in the slot and has a heavy shot. Not sure you have an exact like for like. In Detroit they have kind of turned him into a mashup of Tatar and Nyquist which you can see parts of both. Plays hard and plays with pace, has had his fair share of injuries developing which is why he took longer to get up with the Wings.

I think he is good add for Ottawa, why if he goes he and the pick is all I would be willing to do. But I also think realistically as a Wings fan you're not carrying all of Debrincat, Raymond and Berggren in the top 6... So he becomes the more obvious add despite the howling of a few of his biggest fans in these Debrincat threads in terms of total roster construction. He has a chance of being a really good cost controlled asset for Ottawa that could grow with the talent they have there and put up good offensive numbers.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I think lou checked in, didn’t have the resources, and now are being used as leverage although I don’t doubt they have anymore involvement
Yzerman: This is it. Take it or leave it.

Dorion: That's not a great offer. I uh... Have several other teams interested. Yeah, that's it! Get in line, pal, because there's a BIDDING WAR here!

Yzerman: I don't see anybody else bidding, and I'm not changing my offer.

Dorion: Don't see anybody else?!? Why, there's... Lamoriello right here! He's got a better offer, don't you, Lou?

Lamoriello (clearly unaware he had been invited to the party): Wait what?

Dorion: See? Now it's a BIDDING WAR! Make your best offer and he might be yours!

Lamoriello: Who are we talking about again?

Yzerman: Yeah no. Dorion, you have my offer. Let me know when you're done screwing around.

(Yzerman leaves)

Lamoriello: Can I go now?

Dorion: Yeah.

(Lamoriello leaves)

Dorion: Crap. Now I'm stuck taking that lousy offer from Det... Wait! I can still tell the media that I spoke with multiple teams! This might work yet!

STAY TUNED to the next episode of, 'As The Hotstove Turns...'

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago
Can promise you Steve Yzerman has the kind of job security Dorion dreams of right now with new ownership. People keep asking when Yzerman is in trouble and that is still realistically two or three years from now if we are in the same status. I don't really agree there but that is true given his roots with the family and community. As long as Marion Ilitch is alive he doesn't have to worry, Chris might lose his inheritance if he came after Stevie without her blessing.
So many people on so many threads with hot takes on SY and the Wings who have zero understadning of the background in Detroit.

And given what Yzerman had going in TB with an owner in Jeff Vinik is what Illitch was 30 years ago, there is no way he comes back to Detroit, when he was on the verge of a Stanley Cup in Tampa, without a clear understanding of what he was going to do and how long it might take.

Last edited:
Reactions: VivaLasVegas

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

Wasn’t long ago I saw some mention him above the likes of Norris, Batherson and Sanderson. I assume he is a hell of a hockey player.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Sounds like it's just Detroit and Stevie knows it. Not exactly a recipe for a good return if you're a sens fan...
The only way it’s “just Detroit” is if Debrincat is traded extended, which is actually the best case scenario in the minds of most reasonable Sens fans

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
1688773795282.png

J15

Mar 18, 2009
The only way it’s “just Detroit” is if Debrincat is traded extended, which is actually the best case scenario in the minds of most reasonable Sens fans
Price isn't determined by the value of the asset, it's determined by the next highest bid. If Detroit is the only team he's willing to sign with, then they're bidding against teams looking to take him on as a rental and the price will reflect that.

Reactions: Ignite111

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Price isn't determined by the value of the asset, it's determined by the next highest bid. If Detroit is the only team he's willing to sign with, then they're bidding against teams looking to take him on as a rental and the price will reflect that.
Yup, and most of us expect that we will be lucky to find an interested team who he is willing to sign with. He signed a deal 3yrs who to set himself up perfectly for UFA, it’s a win if we can avoid that.

- Signed, someone who was against trading for Debrincat for that very reason well before it went down

StoneHoffs129

Oct 24, 2017
I love the comments with the we, like us hfboard posters have any say or have any clue what's being talked about. I speculate both fan bases are currently at an impass but will soon come together to make a deal, in the next 24-48 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad