LeBrun: DeBrincat will most likely be traded, agent has submitted list of preferred destinations

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
Dorion stick to your guns!! Don't give in to Stevie!....if Detroit wants to rob the Sens, sell him to Isles

Don’t listen to @SensFactor , Dorian! Don’t you want this all to be over? Wasn’t it easier without all this pressure and expectation? Just give Steve what he wants and we can all move off from this. You know you want to.

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
Lou is also an international man of mystery, however my understanding is (and please Sens fans, correct me if I’m wrong) that Dorian often uses the media to float information, apply leverage, send messages etc so whatever is popping up at this point, I’m assuming it’s Dorian working the reporters or DBC agent also doing the same
I think lou checked in, didn’t have the resources, and now are being used as leverage although I don’t doubt they have anymore involvement

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I think lou checked in, didn’t have the resources, and now are being used as leverage although I don’t doubt they have anymore involvement
Agreed, NYI is definitely out otherwise it would have been done by now. Lou doesn’t need 2+ to complete a deal.

Is he getting traded or what? Shit or get off the pot these things take forever
LOL, seriously…this shit is dragging on way too much.

ADC is turning into a little primadonna.

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010

Yeah, that's kind of my thinking right now as well. I think GMSY has a offer in that's probably below what Dorian is looking for, Dorian is wisely sitting on it and trying to get other parties into the mix, tossing around NYI and Lou, maybe trying to get them to up and outbid Yzerman or try to get DET to up it?

And we're back at the Canadian Stand Off.

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
Deal is very close right now. They're just haggling over how much of Ben Chiarot's salary Detroit will be retaining.

Don’t play with me, if Chiarot is going the other way it will be very difficult for Ottawa to “win” the trade. I would be ecstatic to see him get shipped out.

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
Dorion, I know you got this thread on sticky, don't listen to all the wings fans they biased man, hold your ground until a fair offer is available. Or just keep him for the season as a rental and trade him at the tdl when his caphit isnt as big of a deal and more teams are interested. Don't force it.

Oh also, don't worry about your inevitable firing when the new owners take over in the fall. You'll be fine dude, don't sweat it. Just focus on getting this sorted rn.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
To Detroit: Signed Debricat (8x8M)
To Ottawa: Berggren, Kubalik(UFA at the end of season) and Boston 1st Rounder 2024

Who says no?

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Why ? You get a two time 40 goal scorer that's only 25 years old and give up a player who is UFA after 1 season, a late first rounder probably from Boston and Berggren who isn't even a top 3 Wings prospect (i.e. Kasper, Wallinder, Soderbolm, Mazur, etc.)

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Why ? You get a two time 40 goal scorer that's only 25 years old and give up a player who is UFA after 1 season, a late first rounder probably from Boston and Berggren who isn't even a top 3 Wings prospect (i.e. Kasper, Wallinder, Soderbolm, Mazur, etc.)
Because we'd rather keep those pieces than trade them for DeBrincat.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Deal is very close right now. They're just haggling over how much of Ben Chiarot's salary Detroit will be retaining.
Or Chiarot is still debating whether to waive his no trade clause……..

Oh wouldn’t that be icing on the cake for this whole Debrincat saga??

In all seriousness though, we have to give Dorian some credit here. He’s gone for it twice over the last year now. Unfortunately he doesn’t do it enough. So when it doesn’t work, it looks bad.

People forget how many of these big moves Vegas has made, that haven’t worked out too. I give Dorian a ton of credit for being aggressive on this and on Chychrun. It’s worked for Vegas in the long run, so hopefully Dorian doesn’t become “gun shy” when it comes to making these aggressive moves.

If Konecny is available, they should jump right back into it. At least he’d be in Ottawa 2 years and they’d likely have a better shot at an extensIon with him.

None of us know what the return is ultimately going to be for Debrincat, but they really should call Philly immediately afterwards and offer whatever it ends up being… for Konecny.

Hockeysawks

May 16, 2023
Sign him and send him to the Jets for a third round pick.
It’s past the point where value matters anymore

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Or Chiarot is still debating whether to waive his no trade clause……..

Oh wouldn’t that be icing on the cake for this whole Debrincat saga??

In all seriousness though, we have to give Dorian some credit here. He’s gone for it twice over the last year now. Unfortunately he doesn’t do it enough. So when it doesn’t work, it looks bad.

People forget how many of these big moves Vegas has made, that haven’t worked out too. I give Dorian a ton of credit for being aggressive on this and on Chychrun. It’s worked for Vegas in the long run, so hopefully Dorian doesn’t become “gun shy” when it comes to making these aggressive moves.

If Konecny is available, they should jump right back into it. At least he’d be in Ottawa 2 years and they’d likely have a better shot at an extensIon with him.

None of us know what the return is ultimately going to be for Debrincat, but they really should call Philly immediately afterwards and offer whatever it ends up being… for Konecny.
I'd trade for Konency in a second. Much better deal for Ottawa

J15

Mar 18, 2009
This isn't the first nor the last time he'll be walking away from an opportunity to improve his team strictly due to his inflated ego. Maybe when Debrincat is traded to and signs long term in Long Island Stevie can sit back and pat himself on the shoulder knowing he did the Red Wings franchise right by refusing to negotiate a hockey deal. He was gracious enough to table an offer after all - it's no fault off his Dorion was stupid enough to expect some level of communication from the great Steve Yzerman.

This is Stevie's world, we're all just living in it.
Lmao what are you talking about. Yzerman will offer whatever he is willing to, the Senators can either accept it, accept another teams offer that they feel is better, or keep Cat. That’s as deep as it is. Are the 30 other GMs who aren’t offering more than Yzerman also doing it because of their inflated ego?

Sounds like you’re upset about PD tanking the value of an asset and you’re taking that anger out on the wrong GM.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Because Detroit has the leverage. You get the 1st and one of those 2 not both

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
I'd trade for Konency in a second. Much better deal for Ottawa
This Wings/Sens rivalry thing, is probably going to be fun for the next decade. It already sort of started in February with those two back to back games that led to the Hronek trade. I think it would be great if this turned into a 3-way trade where the Sens get Konecny, and Detroit gets Debrincat. It’ll just add to the rivalry going forward.

Reactions: SensFactor

J15

Mar 18, 2009
Then there is no trade to be made....lol...you don't get a top six goal scorer for a bag of chips and a slim jim
Detroit just waits until free agency next year and gets to keep their chips and slim jim. Meanwhile the Sens try and figure out how much it’ll cost them to clear the cap space for Debrincat while also making sure they have no room to add any longer term contracts this off season.

Reactions: WingsToPick4th
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad