LeBrun: DeBrincat will most likely be traded, agent has submitted list of preferred destinations

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

redwings25

Jul 28, 2016
It reminds me of parise going hom to mn. He was a very good tiny winger and helped mn be a consistent playoff team. But in the end his contract was a disaster.

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
Mimmo guy was also saying that Kleven made Brannstrom expendable, because Branstrom wasn’t on the roster this morning. Was a mistake and he was added back shortly after.

They are just friends, I’d imagine if you went down that list Garrioch and he like every one of their t tweets and responses.
Please I have no time for your cordial and logical response on my tinfoil-esque post on a hockey message board on a summer Friday in July. Don't you understand I'm desperate for trades?? Please think of the children.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
f*** no we don't. Just to whoever offers the best package. Would it help if he's going to sign an extension? Probably. Is it integral? No.
Probably pretty integral to the team spending good assets to get him. Without an extension he's a pure rental. One you're likely not to recoup assets on as you probably aren't in a position to sell him at the TDL if you're trying to add him now.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Probably pretty integral to the team spending good assets to get him. Without an extension he's a pure rental. One you're likely not to recoup assets on as you probably aren't in a position to sell him at the TDL if you're trying to add him now.
All it has to be is the best package. If Detroit is f***ing around and the Isles don't have the space or whatever and a team who wants to add firepower for the year comes in and trumps them while filling our needs as well - well, he's going there.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Trying to catch up on this thread but if Tarasenko is standing by waiting for the deal to be done, you almost have to approach this trade as if Tarasenko is part of the return from Ottawa's perspective. Whoever deals for him obviously isn't trading Tarasenko, but making the trade is the only way they're able to sign him. They thought they were being slick trying to make this trade when they did, and now they have to accept less in return for him if they also want to add Tarasenko.

You might be getting to a point where the value is low enough that the Wings just might deal for him and not bother trying to extend him until later on. Heck DBC could be looking at less term on his deal when this is all done because his numbers suffered in Ottawa and wherever else for two years.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
DeBrincat for 3rd rounder would be right price. Sens have messed this up totally. They can't ice a complete team if Cat is not traded or left unsigned.
He can't be "left unsigned"... he's going to arbitration. Worst case, the Sens are going to have 1 more year of him at the arbitrator's awarded contract.

They might as well take that and just see if there is a better market at the Trade Deadline (in the event they are outside a playoff position anyway).

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
He can't be "left unsigned"... he's going to arbitration. Worst case, the Sens are going to have 1 more year of him at the arbitrator's awarded contract.

They might as well take that and just see if there is a better market at the Trade Deadline (in the event they are outside a playoff position anyway).
How many roster spots and how much cap space to fill it?

ACLEVERNAME

Jan 6, 2010
Stevie Y is just cementing himself as a bad faith negotiator. Fine to see yourself as the 'smartest guy in the room' but that shit gets tiring real fast with the people you do eventually need to work with to get things done. NHL GMs will be tuning him out pretty quick if he can't learn to work past his 'my way or no way' approach.

Hope for Wings fans' sake the drafting gets better because signing 20mil worth of bottom 6ers will only take you so far from year to year.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
How many roster spots and how much cap space to fill it?
They don't have enough Cap space for the award. But then it opens up a buyout window and they should just buy out Mathieu Joseph. It will still be tight depending on what DeBrincat and Pinto end up signing for. But it's not impossible to solve the problem.

Reactions: Ezekial

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Stevie Y is just cementing himself as a bad faith negotiator. Fine to see yourself as the 'smartest guy in the room' but that shit gets tiring real fast with the people you do eventually need to work with to get things done. NHL GMs will be tuning him out pretty quick if he can't learn to work past his 'my way or no way' approach.

Hope for Wings fans' sake the drafting gets better because signing 20mil worth of bottom 6ers will only take you so far from year to year.

I understand and agree with your point about building a reputation as a bad faith negotiator, but in this case I sincerely doubt it's Yzerman when you look at his trade history.

If Detroit offered a 1st and a 2nd for DeBrincat that's good value and what he got last year. My suspicion is that Dorion wants more for DeBrincat than he paid, and that's not going to happen.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I understand and agree with your point about building a reputation as a bad faith negotiator, but in this case I sincerely doubt it's Yzerman when you look at his trade history.

If Detroit offered a 1st and a 2nd for DeBrincat that's good value and what he got last year. My suspicion is that Dorion wants more for DeBrincat than he paid, and that's not going to happen.
My counter-point here would be... what sort of obligation is there for Yzerman to bail out Dorion? If DeBrincat is not Yzerman's preferred top line winger, why is he honor bound to pay anything close to full market value? DeBrincat wanting to play for Detroit doesn't mean Yzerman has to pay whatever Dorion wants.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018

That’s a pretty wild and baseless assumption, for which there is absolutely no supporting information.

My counter-point here would be... what sort of obligation is there for Yzerman to bail out Dorion? If DeBrincat is not Yzerman's preferred top line winger, why is he honor bound to pay anything close to full market value? DeBrincat wanting to play for Detroit doesn't mean Yzerman has to pay whatever Dorion wants.
Absolutely, and that goes both ways: Dorion is under no obligation to trade Debrincat to Detroit

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
This trade will never happen. Debrincat will retire before the trade.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Definitely true.
Like, if Yzerman doesn’t really like Debrincat and isn’t willing to commit 8 years to him, and Debrincat isn’t willing to sign elsewhere… then he will be shopped as a rental. And if Yzeeman doesn’t really like Cat, it follows that other teams will likely value him higher than DRW. It can’t exactly go both ways.

So is the idea that Yzerman is cementing himself as a bad-faith negotiator. We don't know what's going on.
Absolutely, that was a silly point and I think the poster I responded to handled the rebuttal quite well.

Reactions: SoupNazi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad