LeBrun: DeBrincat will most likely be traded, agent has submitted list of preferred destinations

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
In my opinion, Berggren is worth a mid 1st and the 1st round pick Detroit would be sending to Ottawa would be a mid 1st round pick as well. Value wise, I think that is similar to 7th and 39th, but Berggren being an NHL player tips the scale in that favor to me
No team in the league would trade a mid 1st for Berggren

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Nor reading comprehension, apparently.
You're not a fan of Debrincat. That's fine.
You're encouraged by Berggren. Again, fine.

But you're taking multiple blips on the radar (ADB's production last season, Berggren's production thus far), ignoring some essential context (linemates and usage, for starters), and making blanket statements that paint a picture of how it's not possible for this to be anything other than a disaster if Detroit trades for him and signs him long term.

That's not a lack of reading comprehension by your audience. It's arguing in bad faith to begin with.

Show me links of players you like better that are also available and interested in Detroit, or that fans could have reason to believe will be in the not too distant future. Show me data that argues him as a bad fit on Detroit's roster, as opposed to, "He's short and didn't score 40 with Ottawa (when on a second line with his intended 2C injured), so he will be underwhelming on the Wings (when on a first line with Larkin and Raymond)." Use more than just emotion to explain what leads you to believe that a team who just signed Compher until he's 33 is at minimum tolerable, if not acceptable, but signing Debrincat until he's 33 would be an albatross (when mountains of money are coming right back off the cap over the next few years, and there are several prospects who will be on ELC deals).

Saying you'd rather have somebody else is one thing. Saying there's no possibility of success is another.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
That’s more than fair, that’s what prospects are.

Ottawa refused to trade Pinto or Kleven for Chychrun as well, both of them were theoretical ability vs. Chychruns top 4 nhl ability.
Yes, but Soderblom is near the back of our top 10 prospects.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Not saying they would but I don’t think the value of newhook and Berggren should be much different.
I think the value is quite a bit different, and don’t think Newhook would receive a mid round pick either, seeing he got about the value of a 25th-28th overall pick.

Habs GM being Newhooks agent also played a part in paying that amount, which was not that much in the first place.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
You're not a fan of Debrincat. That's fine.
You're encouraged by Berggren. Again, fine.

But you're taking multiple blips on the radar (ADB's production last season, Berggren's production thus far), ignoring some essential context (linemates and usage, for starters), and making blanket statements that paint a picture of how it's not possible for this to be anything other than a disaster if Detroit trades for him and signs him long term.

That's not a lack of reading comprehension by your audience. It's arguing in bad faith to begin with.

Show me links of players you like better that are also available and interested in Detroit, or that fans could have reason to believe will be in the not too distant future. Show me data that argues him as a bad fit on Detroit's roster, as opposed to, "He's short and didn't score 40 with Ottawa (when on a second line with his intended 2C injured), so he will be underwhelming on the Wings (when on a first line with Larkin and Raymond)." Use more than just emotion to explain what leads you to believe that a team who just signed Compher until he's 33 is at minimum tolerable, if not acceptable, but signing Debrincat until he's 33 would be an albatross (when mountains of money are coming right back off the cap over the next few years, and there are several prospects who will be on ELC deals).

Saying you'd rather have somebody else is one thing. Saying there's no possibility of success is another.
Do I just need to add the previous post under my avatar?

Posters are drawing knee-jerk conclusions from what I'm posting that is not in fact what I'm posting. For example, the bolded above. I don't deal in absolutes. So don't frame my arguments in the scope of absolutes.

Everyone is available at the right price. Settling is in no one's best interest. Except maybe Ottawa's....

dekelikekocur

Mar 9, 2012
Oh ya my bad man, you're totally right. That must be the reason why is hasn't happened yet, as opposed to the myriad of extenuating circumstances previously discussed. Man we really should've taken those Zadina and couple late rounders when we had the chance.
No one actually knows what has been offered, listening to clickbait jockeys spew their ideas isn't the same as having sourced valid information. I think PD is dumb but I don't think he's dumb enough to leak what Yzerman offered as a way to get better offers, that would burn a bridge and display a behavior I don't imagine many GMs would care to deal with.

Reactions: SENStastic

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
I love Soderblom and Berggren but neither of them should be untouchable as return assets back to OTT. Let’s be real, DBC is by far the best asset in this trade.

Rasmussen should be the the theoretical line of “young player” asset and I could definitely be talked into it if it comes at lesser draft capital. Berggren, Veleno? Soderblom? Whatever.

If OTT is pushing for Wallinder, Mauzer, Lombardi, that’s really where it gets into the “I don’t know” territory.

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
I'm not rewording, I'm differentiating. You are taking two different concepts and incorrectly equating them. By doing so, you are changing the context and misinterpreting the argument.
Man, differentiate and explain it however you want. Bottom line is, my reply was to the other poster questioning why should Yzerman bend over backwards to make a DBC trade possible, when we all know that's not the case if he decides to take advantage of the situation. That is all, you can philosophize, differentiate, and reframe it however you want, at the end of the day, an advantageous opportunity just came knocking on his door that looks very beneficial for him and his team, and now it's a question of how much he's going to profit from it if he chooses to take it, not if he is or isn't bending over for it.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
I love Soderblom and Berggren but neither of them should be untouchable as return assets back to OTT. Let’s be real, DBC is by far the best asset in this trade.

Rasmussen should be the the theoretical line of “young player” asset and I could definitely be talked into it if it comes at lesser draft capital. Berggren, Veleno? Soderblom? Whatever.

If OTT is pushing for Wallinder, Mauzer, Lombardi, that’s really where it gets into the “I don’t know” territory.

Lombardi is not worth anywhere near as much as Berggren or Soderblom. Mazur is not worth as much either.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005

The line should be Fabbri and/or a 2nd. Ottawa has to deal with him this summer to continue with their offseason plans. Detroit does not have to trade for him now or ever. They can just keep on keeping on. If Ottawa can find someone/anyone to give them a 1st and young roster player, by all means. Just doesn't seem like teams are lining up...

• Haha
Reactions: Golden_Jet

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
You think the Habs would make that trade with you guys for Berggren, because I certainly don’t.
They’d be stupid not to. Berggren is the real deal. He’s a much better hockey player than Newhook right now. Newhook has the ability to change that, but right now? Not even close. They have to be about the same age too. At least close. I’ve been watching both for years. Berggren just needed that core strength, some didn’t think he could ever get. That’s why he fell out of the 1st Round. Well, he now has it, and that’s not speculation. He showed it at the NHL level.

He’s not big but he’s about as powerful as you can get at that size now. He wins battles in the corners, plays in traffic well, and he can score. There’s no reason to think he won’t be a 20+ goal scorer, and a foundational piece for Team Sweden for several years. Likely starting this year.

I’ve been a big Newhook supporter but you simply can’t deny where he’s at right now. He had no business playing in the NHL as soon as he was. The Avs pushed him into a situation he wasn’t ready for. Hopefully Montreal does right by him, and puts him in the right situations. He’s desperate for confidence these days.

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
No one actually knows what has been offered, listening to clickbait jockeys spew their ideas isn't the same as having sourced valid information. I think PD is dumb but I don't think he's dumb enough to leak what Yzerman offered as a way to get better offers, that would burn a bridge and display a behavior I don't imagine many GMs would care to deal with.
Ya that's a valid argument if the rumoured offer on the table of a Bos 1st, Bergrenn/Kubalic and a 3rd were wildly off. I was going on the assumption a trade package would be something around that, but you could be correct if that was all just BS. Not going to disagree if its the case.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
If I put Berggren next to Kane I don't think he produces near what Debrincat did.
It's because stylistically they do similar things. Berggren would do well next to a shooter/finisher, moreso than a playmaker.

The great irony in all this is that Berggren would probably be the best Red Wing for DeBrincat to play with.

Last edited:
Reactions: Holden Caufield

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
Lombardi is not worth anywhere near as much as Berggren or Soderblom. Mazur is not worth as much either.

Mm, I disagree. I like the upside of Mazur and Lombardi more than Burger and Soderblom but that’s more of a personal preference than anything. I do like Burger as a Nyquist level player eventually but I don’t think I’m as enamored with Soderblom as others are. And @norrisnick , I know you don’t really value DBC all that much so I imagine a lot of these discussions and player values don’t really resonate with you, which you could very well be right to, but personally I like DBC as a part of our core going forward

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
this is insane how long it's taking

fwiw i would way rather trade berggren than mazur. soderblom also is interesting but he is unlikely to be more tahn a middle 6 winger.

berggren is in the mold of nyquist, tatar, hudler, etc, guys that are not hard to find in FA. mazur is in the mold of bertuzzi, tkachuk lite, etc...much harder style of player to find. i would not include mazur in a DBC trade.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
Mm, I disagree. I like the upside of Mazur and Lombardi more than Burger and Soderblom but that’s more of a personal preference than anything. I do like Burger as a Nyquist level player eventually but I don’t think I’m as enamored with Soderblom as others are. And @norrisnick , I know you don’t really value DBC all that much so I imagine a lot of these discussions and player values don’t really resonate with you, which you could very well be right to, but personally I like DBC as a part of our core going forward

I too prefer a 2 time 40 goal scorer who fits age wise over some could bes.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
The line should be Fabbri and/or a 2nd. Ottawa has to deal with him this summer to continue with their offseason plans. Detroit does not have to trade for him now or ever. They can just keep on keeping on. If Ottawa can find someone/anyone to give them a 1st and young roster player, by all means. Just doesn't seem like teams are lining up...
Rejected.

And that's likely why it's dragging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad